Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Love for Templars and Dragonknights?

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
These two classes have out-dated passives comparted to warden, necro or even good old sorc. They also have been nerfed constantly for no logical reason.

What do you think?

Some Love for Templars and Dragonknights? 150 votes

Yes
80%
VexenDysturbedke.sardenb14_ESOxaraanDeHeiDTStormfoxcheeseaddictmagnusthorekTanis-StormbinderDelgentHusanWaughSaubonmmtaniacshadyjane62XuhoraRomoZolronMathius_MordredJeffrey530 121 votes
No
19%
MalkivAstridVorpanYstradCludAektannDaemons_BaneSheridanbellanca6561nactoshAzirelQUEZ420FodoreEedatLowbowski5Seminolegirl1992CzekoludekIWinWithPewPewjoergingerLalothenJayroo 29 votes
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    More loves for NB :smiley:
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭

Magblade yes, stamblade no.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Berchelous wrote: »

Magblade yes, stamblade no.

Stamina, now and forever
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Templars and Dragonknights have been ruling this game for 5 years. I personally don't mind being nerfed as it is nice to see people actually playing something else now.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Top of the list for PvP StamDK: restore the ability of Corrosive Armor to buff DOTs, especially Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, and Poisoned Status ticks (so we can get more use out of our Poisoned Status 50% damage increase passive), but ideally any and all DOTs.

Next on the list are revisions for the Searing Heat and Eternal Mountain passives. NB and Templar have similar passives (at least Dark Veil and Enduring Rays) which don't really do anything that couldn't easily be added to the relevant skills' tooltips.

Third on the list is a buff to GDB, or a buff to the HP Regen % of the Elder Dragon passive, to get our HPS up to Necro and Warden levels.

Fourth on the list is some sort of sustain mechanism besides applying Poisoned and casting Ults, or a tune-up of those 2 mechanisms.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Everyone is a templar or a dk lol...
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wouldn't put the two together.

Stamina DKs....yes.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    YstradClud wrote: »
    Templars and Dragonknights have been ruling this game for 5 years. I personally don't mind being nerfed as it is nice to see people actually playing something else now.

I'd like to have some of what you're on too, please.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Faiza wrote: »

I can only really speak for Xbox NA BGs, but if you deleted Grothdarr and Overwhelming Surge you'd mostly delete MagPlars and MagDKs as well. In other words it seems these classes are being carried by these 2 OP proc sets.

I get the general feeling StamPlar is the least played class on Xbox NA. I could be wrong.

StamDK is still out there, doing what we've always done, but we're numerically outclassed by Warden and Necro outside of a few niche things.

To be quite honest and with all due respect, this is an uncommon enough opinion that I think these classes must be a good counter to whatever/however you play. I would say MagPlar is one of the strongest classes of all time, but they are and always have been a hard counter to StamDKs, since they can purge our DOTs and Radiant Oppression and Jabs punish us for being a slow melee class.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only really speak for Xbox NA BGs, but if you deleted Grothdarr and Overwhelming Surge you'd mostly delete MagPlars and MagDKs as well. In other words it seems these classes are being carried by these 2 OP proc sets.

I get the general feeling StamPlar is the least played class on Xbox NA. I could be wrong.

StamDK is still out there, doing what we've always done, but we're numerically outclassed by Warden and Necro outside of a few niche things.

To be quite honest and with all due respect, this is an uncommon enough opinion that I think these classes must be a good counter to whatever/however you play. I would say MagPlar is one of the strongest classes of all time, but they are and always have been a hard counter to StamDKs, since they can purge our DOTs and Radiant Oppression and Jabs punish us for being a slow melee class.

Templars have been a hardcounter to literally every class.
    Revealing Nightblades since everything Templars have is AoE.
    Destroying all offensive moves by purging DK dots, Sorcerer curse etc.

I never understood how anyone can have the audacity to ask for a buff to this class.
    On the same level of outrageous as Werewolf buffs.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dont really have a yes/no on this.

However I really think that Magblade and nonpet magsorc need some work. Never in my life did I think I would say this but stamblade could probably use some help too.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Magdks are too bad in PvP.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Oh is it? Have you ever played PvP? How many magdks have you ever met in PvP?

Have you ever taken a look at VMA leaderboard? DK scores are the lowest among the 4 old classes.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put the two together.

Stamina DKs....yes.

Stamplar is even below stamdk right now.
    Potl literally hits for 2-3k on average, burning light change nerfed it's damage with high latency you dont proc it.

And on top of it stamplar doesn't have any good damage mitigation or burst heal, ritual costs a lot mag.

I have seen like 2 stamplars besides me in grayhost this and last patch who play stamplar regular and are not just pvdoor zergsurfer.

Still *** of magsorcs and stamnbs,stamdens running.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

What contents do you play?
    Come to Cyrodiil, and see what EVERYONE'S playing:
    Necromancer tanks with 100k health while still able to deal high damage;
    Wardens with free cleanse, free buff, free regen,
    Unlikable Werewolves;
    Stamblade gankers spamming snipe.

I guess less than 5% people I've ever met in Cyrodiil are magdks.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭

Stamplars have not been ruling the game for 5 years
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Parsing on both my Magicka DK and Templar DD just makes me sad. My other characters can hit way higher.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    OOJIMMY wrote: »
    Stamplars have not been ruling the game for 5 years

Ok. I agree with you there. I pay a Magplar and actually thinking about changing to Stamplar to make it more interesting.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not sure about DKs, maybe in some regards, but they feel strong in others.

Templars, a little of a yes. They are still strong in some ways, but have been really hurt last couple patches and have started to feel a little meh. Templar tanking is still the worst of the classes.

The mention of templar cleansing everything, every class has accept to purge. It is a little more expensive though and I'd like to see efficient purge brought down cheaper than ritual even, it should be usable for any build in the game, even stam to use.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay...? The question isn't more love for Templars or DKs over NB.

All the classes matter, and if Temps and DKs have issues that need to be looked into then yes they should get more love.

Personally I don't know enough about either the classes to make a judgement. Always thought Templars and DKs were great in PvE and PvP outside of having mobility.
    Edited by Yamenstein on November 22, 2020 3:50AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

What contents do you play?
    Come to Cyrodiil, and see what EVERYONE'S playing:
    Necromancer tanks with 100k health while still able to deal high damage;
    Wardens with free cleanse, free buff, free regen,
    Unlikable Werewolves;
    Stamblade gankers spamming snipe.

I guess less than 5% people I've ever met in Cyrodiil are magdks.

Unlikable Werwolves ?

Well, if you just take the time to get to know them a little better .....

:#
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yamenstein wrote: »

Okay...? The question isn't more love for Templars or DKs over NB.

All the classes matter, and if Temps and DKs have issues that need to be looked into then yes they should get more love.

Personally I don't know enough about either the classes to make a judgement. Always thought Templars and DKs were great in PvE and PvP outside of having mobility.

Great outside mobility in PvP?
    If you don't know enough, let me tell you something about magdk:
    No execution at all, Lack of range, Lack of burst, High skill costs, Slow, Nerfed wings, nerfed stun, nerfed spike, nerfed DoT.
    Don't forget that they're DoT focusing and DoT can be cleansed.

I guess stamdks are still okayish in PvP. If magdks are great, why majority of people don't play the class? Why most of PvPers play wardens, necros, gankblades?

Did you check the death recaps in PvP? I really rarely see magdks on my recap. I guess 1 out of my 20 deaths I might see one magdk skills...

If ZOS publish death recap data, we'll better know the PvP classes performances in a more objective way.

(Edit: auto correction of "nerfed" to "needed" by my phone...)
    Edited by LightYagami on November 22, 2020 7:51AM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just take a look to everything from PvP in this game... The majority of players use Warden, Necromancer and nightblades. Again the majority of player going with staminabuilds... There are reasons for. Allready the passivs on these classes are a way better.. Staminabuilds look all near the same, so the passivs hardly matter!

At all, i like my magplar and tried near everything. My setup now is really not bad, but i am unable to bring down good & balanced staminabuilds of this 3 classes... Against DKs (magicka and stamina) i can cleanse the dots for high costs! But allready with this high costs, i am able to beat them sometimes just in reason of cleanse... So the balance need to be redesigned!
    For me there isnt an issue why cleanse is a costfree spell with tons of other effects for 1-2 classes. 1-2 just because i see necromancer has the so more op skill :|
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I could care less about PvP to be honest but ill jump on in here.

Dk is currently the one class without a purge, only class without any form of passive regen(i.e. resources are sustained by rng, or ult usage), and one of the only classes with out excute abilities or passives. It is undisputed fact that DK dps is the lowest in these patch.

I cannot comment on templar
  • Lowbowski5
    Lowbowski5
    ✭✭
    No
    Templars and Dragonknights have some of the strongest passive skills in the game. Literally no Cooldown on combustion, Warmth doesn't have Cooldown, then your Searing Heat increase the damage of those Ardent Flame abilities by 33% while Engulfing flames increase your flame damage by up to 10% your naturally already at 43% more damage on your main damage skill line.
    With Iron skin we also Increase the amount of damage we can block by 10%
    Burning Heart increases our healing Received by 12%
    Elder Dragon Gives us more range then any other melee class in the game, while giving us Health Recovery
    And more, but Im not going to continue to rant to prove my point that they are incredibly well equipped.
    They may not have a purge, but neither does Nightblade or Sorcerers. Only the paid to win classes and Templar have a "class based purge"
    And templars get so many OP benefits for literally just using these abilities. Not only can you block 10% more damage in this ability that can (Cleasing Ritual) "Purge, do damage, Heal, mitigate damage, Increase Healing Received, granting Ulti to allies if below 50% Hp"
    That's One ability that's doing 5 different things in one button. Templars also gain Minor protection whenever they Jab you.
    So they have 10% more damage DONE to blocking targets with bonus 10% Crit damage
    And there is no Cooldown on the burning light passive.
    Yet 70% of you think these both need a buff?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I could care less about PvP to be honest but ill jump on in here.

Dk is currently the one class without a purge, only class without any form of passive regen(i.e. resources are sustained by rng, or ult usage), and one of the only classes with out excute abilities or passives. It is undisputed fact that DK dps is the lowest in these patch.

I cannot comment on templar

Sorc and nightblade also doesn't have purge from class skills, dk isn't the only one.
    Warden and necro also don't have class based executes, and most nbs don't use killers blade or impale Beacuse its not that good in pvp.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lowbowski5 wrote: »
    Templars and Dragonknights have some of the strongest passive skills in the game. Literally no Cooldown on combustion, Warmth doesn't have Cooldown, then your Searing Heat increase the damage of those Ardent Flame abilities by 33% while Engulfing flames increase your flame damage by up to 10% your naturally already at 43% more damage on your main damage skill line.
    Elder Dragon Gives us more range then any other melee class in the game, while giving us Health Recovery
    And more, but Im not going to continue to rant to prove my point that they are incredibly well equipped.
    They may not have a purge, but neither does Nightblade or Sorcerers. Only the paid to win classes and Templar have a "class based purge"
    And templars get so many OP benefits for literally just using these abilities. Not only can you block 10% more damage in this ability that can (Cleasing Ritual) "Purge, do damage, Heal, mitigate damage, Increase Healing Received, granting Ulti to allies if below 50% Hp"
    That's One ability that's doing 5 different things in one button. Templars also gain Minor protection whenever they Jab you.
    So they have 10% more damage DONE to blocking targets with bonus 10% Crit damage

I dont know what you are trying to compare. But you should compare all class skills together. Especially look, what passivs necromancer get (there are only flat stats, which are all useful in any way) AND then take a look back to DK and Templar. There are 50% of the passivs, which are just garbage.
    Then the Ritual is one of the highest costs ability. It lost 1 useful morph for another just damage morph, what is useless again... near all aoe damage skills are doing much better here and there was simply no reason why i shouldnt heal and deal damage anymore... At same time Necro get a purge, hot ect. skill without costs?!
    You think this is fair and balanced?
    Cool then...
    Then another thing: Why to hell the templar get minor protection when he just jabs a target?
    He needs to stay in his ground effects to get that bonus, while the whole game is made for content with movement?!
    Then burning light.. you said there is no cooldown for... A templar can only activate it with using a skill of that skillline and need to hit a target with 4 hits in a very short time... when i dont use jabs i still will nlt benefitted enough from this passive... So i just can go with a templar in meleerange, if i want to play that class useful. True then it may be fine, but I NEED to do that compared to other classes to be competetive enough. You maybe see a "op" passive, while i see a nerf in my diversity of the class... 25% procc chance was much fairer..

Looks like irony in my opinion, but again you really think it looks fair... There i need to ask, what is wrong with you, that you really think DK and Templar are still top tier?
    Pls then start another nerf DK and Templar whine thread like all the kids before you...
    I cant take that serious anymore! The real problem is, that zenimaxx is just listen to whiners.. I should take it with humor and wait for another game, whats trying to do it better. Argumentation dont count here...
    Edited by DeHei on November 22, 2020 5:42PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Markarth, I finally abandoned medium armor on my stamplar. I intend on doing the same for my stam DK, but haven't gotten to him yet.

As it stands, my no proc, heavy armor stamplar it's pretty much destroying everything in BGs. He's got insane sustain, survivability, and burst. I was feeling like stamplar was in a terrible spot before giving up on medium armor.

I imagine this won't last forever though. Currently, heavy armor plus Malacath seems to do more damage than most medium armor setups in BGs. This doesn't really feel balanced, and I'm sure some kind of nerfs are incoming. For now however, I'll enjoy feeling very powerful without any proc crutch BS.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All magicka classes could use some love, imo.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Lowbowski5
    Lowbowski5
    ✭✭
    No
    DeHei wrote: »
    Lowbowski5 wrote: »

I dont know what you are trying to compare. But you should compare all class skills together. Especially look, what passivs necromancer get (there are only flat stats, which are all useful in any way) AND then take a look back to DK and Templar. There are 50% of the passivs, which are just garbage.
    Then the Ritual is one of the highest costs ability. It lost 1 useful morph for another just damage morph, what is useless again... near all aoe damage skills are doing much better here and there was simply no reason why i shouldnt heal and deal damage anymore... At same time Necro get a purge, hot ect. skill without costs?!
    You think this is fair and balanced?
    Cool then...
    Then another thing: Why to hell the templar get minor protection when he just jabs a target?
    He needs to stay in his ground effects to get that bonus, while the whole game is made for content with movement?!
    Then burning light.. you said there is no cooldown for... A templar can only activate it with using a skill of that skillline and need to hit a target with 4 hits in a very short time... when i dont use jabs i still will nlt benefitted enough from this passive... So i just can go with a templar in meleerange, if i want to play that class useful. True then it may be fine, but I NEED to do that compared to other classes to be competetive enough. You maybe see a "op" passive, while i see a nerf in my diversity of the class... 25% procc chance was much fairer..

Looks like irony in my opinion, but again you really think it looks fair... There i need to ask, what is wrong with you, that you really think DK and Templar are still top tier?
    Pls then start another nerf DK and Templar whine thread like all the kids before you...
    I cant take that serious anymore! The real problem is, that zenimaxx is just listen to whiners.. I should take it with humor and wait for another game, whats trying to do it better. Argumentation dont count here...

I never said a "OP passive" you took my words out of context. I said "OP benefits for literally just using these abilities" the key word I said was "Benefits" Templars get very good benefits from just using their abilities.

I never called them top tier, I never ranked them.
    I'm just bring up the fact that they are in what I would consider a Health Spot.

The thread is about the Templar and Dragonknight of course if you spend money on a class it should be better than the normal starting classes, why does that trigger you?
    Edited by Lowbowski5 on November 22, 2020 7:32PM