The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3DD or 4DD option for group finder

Liukke
Liukke
✭✭✭
Hi there,
sorry if the discussion has already been done or if it seems totally silly to you.
I just want to try asking for opinions about it anyway (it doesn't hurt).

What about having a 3DD or even 4DD option for group finder, mainly for random normal dng?
Or even having an option to disable the class restriction?
Let's be honest, the game is full of DDs and this is not wrong, everybody has the right to play how he wants and the majority of the times it happens to be a DD.
Let's be even more honest, random normal dungeons are extremely easy, and all except maybe some new DLCs (including also the randomness of a random group) can be done with only DDs or even in Solo (except some where group mechanics are involved and somebody needs to bash the boss etc.).
Items like the Ring of Pale Order just make this even more possible for those with not enough experience.

So, I don't think the finder is broken...for all the bugs I find in the game I just think that the finder follows the natural selection of an MMO and once it finds 2 DDs of course the whole time is spent looking for those less used classes, especially since the last event which doubled XPs and other things I've seen the finder really struggling and now that the whole lockdown situation a bit of everywhere gets harder and harder I think the situation won't improve at all.

What do you think?
Would it lead to the opposite problem?
Healers and Tanks not finding a group? (not that it's easier for them)

I have the feeling it might be a useful thing, even the most desperate random party can still manage its way through a dungeon with only DDs and by the big numbers theory there's always one or maybe two experienced players in a group.
Of course one could always choose to group in a normal 2DD+T+H party and nothing would change but I think there needs to be a way to "purge" the excess of DDs queueing in the finder :/

Please don't hate me, just voicing an opinion.

Edit:
Of course, "faking" the role works but that's in my opinion a bit of a fraud.
It would be nice if all the players joining a DDonly or simply classless party knew about it and agreed to it.
Edited by Liukke on November 21, 2020 6:13PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liukke wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Of course, "faking" the role works but that's in my opinion a bit of a fraud.
    It would be nice if all the players joining a DDonly or simply classless party knew about it and agreed to it.

It also doesn't address the other problem that you can't queue for your random normal with less than four people.

For the other cases you can just walk in the door and do as you like (including bypassing a load of the level limits)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soz to disagree mmo's are designed around the holly trinty have what you suggest is a slippery road
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Liukke
    Liukke
    ✭✭✭
    soz to disagree mmo's are designed around the holly trinty have what you suggest is a slippery road

I imagine so, just wondering how slippery it could get...I mean, I'm talking just about random normals, nothing that requires the holy trinity at all :D
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😭 make healers important again
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I imagine so, just wondering how slippery it could get...I mean, I'm talking just about random normals, nothing that requires the holy trinity at all :D

well a utbuer or builder that does build will put builds up to make that easier, this will then become meta, which will slowly move to vet dungeons and trials soon dd's have freedom at the mo, as long as they do the dps would be told what gear sets to wear etc, this already happens in some guilds, it may even become common place when you land in a dungeon pug they ask what gear sets you have and if not what they have in mind you will get kicked and this will start to put a wedge between the players, meta on one side not meta on the other, soz but you did ask ;p;p
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Liukke
    Liukke
    ✭✭✭
    😭 make healers important again

But why :O they are important as always, I'm sorry but for normal dungeons they are not fundamental, just like a good DD is not fundamental, just like nobody is fundamental in a normal dungeon :'D you just have to play it good.
    So, don't worry, healers are still healers :'D

well a utbuer or builder that does build will put builds up to make that easier, this will then become meta, which will slowly move to vet dungeons and trials soon dd's have freedom at the mo, as long as they do the dps would be told what gear sets to wear etc, this already happens in some guilds, it may even become common place when you land in a dungeon pug they ask what gear sets you have and if not what they have in mind you will get kicked and this will start to put a wedge between the players, meta on one side not meta on the other, soz but you did ask ;p;p

Uhm...ok...I have to admit I understood nothing of your post.
    Youtubers and builders already have the meta prepared, since always, and as always everybody is following it.
    Just look at how much HRC, SS and CR are played...so yep, what are you precisely talking about? :open_mouth:
    So do you think that removing class limitations from the random normal dungeon can lead to...what?
    DDs doing trials alone?

...buuuut whatever :'D