The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Frostvault Nerf?

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I just did a random veteran dungeon find and got dropped in Frostvault. We were all at a pretty good level but couldn't make it past the second boss no matter how hard we tried. It made me remember how I never got past the boss with laser beams even in groups full of 810 CP players. It got me wondering, has there ever been any update to make veteran Frostvault more doable? I hear nothing but complaints about it even though the sets are pretty good.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frostvault is fine as is. CP level doesn't mean it should be easily clearable. Look up some guides, learn the mechs, work on your dps and it's not difficult anymore.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no nerf to FV bc there's nothing wrong with it. It's all about mechanics.

All of the problems I see there with pugs has nothing to do with CP but not knowing mechs.

I ran vFV today as heals and was surprised to find that the shield phase AoEs for Tzovgin weren't hitting as hard as previous runs, so I was wondering if it actually got nerfed. It was my first time in vFV since Markarth.
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Laser boss should be nerfed. This is single dungeon that i cant beat. I tried it many times with decent people and with great dps, without any problems or deaths on trash packs or first 2 bosses. But I never been able to pass laser dwemer boss. It`s just impossible to survive with 3 or 4 beams, someone is dying there with 100% chance, then others try to res and die too, from adds or beams, it doesn`t matter.

And don`t tell me about "git gud", learn mechanics and other crap like this. I play only with pugs through group finder and I was able to beat all dlc dungeons and almost all hard modes with various characters, but Frozen Vault is madness.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxetro wrote: »
    Laser boss should be nerfed. This is single dungeon that i cant beat. I tried it many times with decent people and with great dps, without any problems or deaths on trash packs or first 2 bosses. But I never been able to pass laser dwemer boss. It`s just impossible to survive with 3 or 4 beams, someone is dying there with 100% chance, then others try to res and die too, from adds or beams, it doesn`t matter.

And don`t tell me about "git gud", learn mechanics and other crap like this. I play only with pugs through group finder and I was able to beat all dlc dungeons and almost all hard modes with various characters, but Frozen Vault is madness.

Focus adds. Do not dps the boss if any add is still around. Adds are that mostly kill pugs because they pile up. If someone dies during laser phase, wait until it's over before rezing. Also it's very easy for tank to rez. The room is small so the boss can still stay in middle and doesn't hit hard. Its important that other dps keeps killing adds not rezing. Tank can also kill adds if jump in rolling orbs near adds if safe to do so. Decent dps and awareness is required for this boss but good tank can make huge difference. If they just stand there and block you gonna have hard time. When I tank there I even swap to dps gear and help killing adds. Just use taunt to hold boss in place. I usually only get 3-4 laser phases.

Just educate the pugs.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laser boss is a terribly designed encounter.

Rest of the dungeon is fine.. HM included.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love that the bosses there actually have mechanics and not just last boss on HM. I love laser boss actually (I did spend most of my first fight there dead but I've improved since then:D) - minus the bugs anyway. Admittedly I still haven't gotten the HM down but it's fun. Also, due to being so mech-heavy, it's less dependant on dps and therefore CP actually. Sure you can burn through some mechs like usual, but if you're failing there, it's 90% a mechs issue. You can do mechs at cp 50 just fine (assuming you have enough health and some semblance of coherent gear/rotation). You can do it, it's just a matter of practice:)

I do feel FV, even non HM, is probably the hardest dungeon there is atm. I also feel it's probably my favourite due to that lol, not a boring run.
  • Ultiscrub Gaming
    Ima go ahead and be that guy....

i pve on my pvp toons, to include a ganker that runs stuhns new moons and balorgh with no changes to bar set up(and stay stage 4 vamp) a mgk dk running heavy armor designed for 1vx with overwhelming bloodspawn and crimson with malacath band( minor changes to bar set up like dropping fossilize for wall of elements and dragon blood for eruption) a stamplar that runs deadly and bone pirate with balorgh( no change to bar set up, and magic templar running same gear as mgk dk( minor bar set up changes like swapping out toppling charge for wall of elements) and a stam necro that runs bone pirate, new moon and balorgh with no changes to bar set up.

With that said i CAN ABSOLUTELY CONFIRM THAT IT IS AS SIMPLE AS FOLLOW THE MECHANICS.

If you are on ps4 NA i will be more than happy to help you get through the dungeon on any of the toons i have stated just let me know and give me time to get them set up. I do enjoy helping people out and do get enjoyment out of it so let me know👌🏻