Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to undo a purchase?

Paola_O
Paola_O
Soul Shriven
I made a BIG mistake and purchased something really expensive (for me) I REALLY don't want in the Crown Store. I was in the Store, had my finger on the E key and pressed by mistake . Since there was no confirmation message I litterally threw 5000 crowns out of the window. I just had 5650, collected in 3 months of subscription plus 6 months six years ago. Please tell me there is a way to cancel the purchase and get my crowns back, Its a crafting motif, of course It's intact, I didnt use it and I don't like it either. Please :(((
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    No guarantees, but was able to do this in the past by opening a ticket, explaining my mistake, and asking for a refund. It took about a day for them to process it.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Paola_O
    Paola_O
    Soul Shriven
    No guarantees, but was able to do this in the past by opening a ticket, explaining my mistake, and asking for a refund. It took about a day for them to process it.

Thanks, I did it by in game help (right click on the purchased item, help and a generic having problem with the item). Let's see if it works.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paola_O wrote: »

Thanks, I did it by in game help (right click on the purchased item, help and a generic having problem with the item). Let's see if it works.

In-game help tickets don't get forwarded to the Support Team, @Paola_O.

Start an Online Support ticket via the website:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US
  • Paola_O
    Paola_O
    Soul Shriven

You're right, I got an answer and now I know. I'll do as you suggest, thanks for your interest
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paola_O wrote: »

Yes they do, I've never had any issues making tickets in game for refunds.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a similar situation and Zos remedied my mistake. I doubt they do it time and time again for the same person but this is just a guess.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will respond through ingame tickets too, that's the system i use for just about everything and it's worked for me too.

Hope you get your refund so you can get what you really wanted ^_^
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Paola_O, if you post your ticket number in this thread, we can check if it's in the correct place.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Paola_O
    Paola_O
    Soul Shriven
    Yes they do, I've never had any issues making tickets in game for refunds.

Maybe I did something wrong? Anyway I followed Taleof2Cities' link and they replied very quickly. I was instructed to destroy the item, I just did it. No crowns back for now, I'll wait a day and write again.
  • Paola_O
    Paola_O
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @Paola_O, if you post your ticket number in this thread, we can check if it's in the correct place.

I used the link suggested by Talesof2cities. I got an e-mail from Lucas, he told me to destroy the item, for now no crowns back. I'll wait a bit.
    My ticket number is 201115-005084
    Thanks
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    @Paola_O, since you destroyed the item, please respond to your ticket via email and inform the support agent.
    Staff Post
  • Paola_O
    Paola_O
    Soul Shriven
    @Paola_O, since you destroyed the item, please respond to your ticket via email and inform the support agent.

Yes, I did and had my crowns back just now. Thanks a LOT!
    I'm relieved, I felt such an idiot because, in truth, I fell asleep on the keyyboard while in the Store (it was about 4 in the morning), ahahah!
    thank you all
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I made a similar mistake today. :disappointed: I bought "Surfglow Courser" for :'( 2500 Crown Gems :'( accidentally.
    I need my Crown Gems for some other mounts I've been waiting for. I'm very upset about that mistake. "Surfglow Courser" is also cool but I need those gems for some other mounts.

I've created a ticket. Could you also check if my ticket is in the correct place please?
    Ticket : 220401-001256
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @iPlayOnlyESO

Your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will reply back as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience. :)
    Staff Post
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @iPlayOnlyESO

Your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will reply back as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience. :)

The issue has been solved :) Thanks a lot :)
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing, bought an item (the Deeproot Dirge Music Box) for a second time by a misclick. Wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't already have it, but I did already buy it, so am hoping for a refund. I even stated which character my extra copy is on.

Ticket number is 230725-002555
    Edited by jle30303 on July 25, 2023 12:57PM