Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vateshran Hallows is AWESOME!

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
I just completed vVH on a blind run on my recently converted stamplar using the ring of the pale order. I just wanna say this arena was absolutely fantastic and was far more than anything I had expected. A+ to the max for the dev team on this one. I feel like this arena had the same passion put into it as Unhallowed Grave. Maybe we need more “hallow” content in the future, because this is a win streak that I hope never ends. Good job ZoS!
  • Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    No its not. Its unballanced, buggy and flawed at its core with last boss mechanics.

It should be changed regarding stamina having much more dificulty as it is and introducing anti-ranged mechanics rather than all being nati-melee.

Poor design on the minotaur boss.

Environment design. very nice. Encounter wise... not so much.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's long, boring, unbalanced and buggy. Even on normal bosses are EXTREMELY FAT. And those minotaur... gosh I don't find any difficulty except his immune mechanic that transfer to insane long fight with needless animation of spirit's spawn and flights
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. I’m pretty sure the arena was designed with the intention of players using the “Ring of the Pale Order” mythic item. It lets stamina players (like myself as of this patch) to get some much needed passive healing.

In follow up runs, getting the max hp and primary resource buffs made a HUGE difference in being able to complete it quickly and effectively. An extra 10k stamina makes those shade colossi melt twice as fast.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Potato here: did one run, didn't beat final boss yet, but enjoyed it greatly. It's fun, it has mechanics instead of burn-burn-burn, it doesn't make you wait for spawns like MA. Especially liked the minotaur and the flea bosses, but maybe I'm just a big fan of the grappling hook.
  • meekeycee
    meekeycee
    ✭✭
    Complete lagfest for me on final boss no skills working hopefully finish it later once I’ve grinded the pale order ring every little helps👿
    Edited by meekeycee on November 10, 2020 2:39PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy it considerably more if when it released on ps4 the game wasn't broken.
    Stupid broken la weave, skill delays and freezes, a few blue screens even zoning in.
    Really I enjoyed the arena however it takes a back seat to the annoyance at the disrespect to consumers by releasing this broken patch instead of releasing at least something functional.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel like this is a bait thread, but I will bite. Where to start...

The Bad:

First, it is absurdly buggy. The grappling hook mechanics are so bad that they seemed to have added platforms in a hot fix between each one. This removes any skill to getting across the chasms, and simply makes it a chore. Even before the platforms, this was my number one cause of death. Even if you successfully hit the next grapple spot, you would sometimes just bottom out and die. I had I believe 3 separate Spirt Slayer attempts that bugs caused a death. Twice I have had my skill bars lock after using the grappling hook.

Second, half the arena can be skipped. Why they make it so easy to skip monsters in a solo instance is beyond me. Sure you don't have to, but they sure do incentivize it for things like Spirit Slayer. You can do the entire blue arena with a ring of the hunt and your shift key.

Third, most of the boss fights amount to damage sponges, and honestly, I feel like I am humping a target dummy on about 2/3rds the boss fights. I am certainly a pretty good DPS, but I am not breaking any records. The fact that my strats on almost every boss after a week from launch is to burn baby burn, well, I just don't see the replay or progression that is going to keep me coming back. Honestly, their are like 4 dangerous mechanics in the whole place. The spinning fire from the last boss on Red, The Flame shapers that spawn on the final fight (admittedly, they ruined a spirt slayer or two), the Green last boss one shot, and maybe the one actual DPS check which is the chain adds on the last fight. These can all be solved with a dodge roll, interupt, or about 9k DPS. As DPS checks go, its a joke.

Forth: Difficulty at launch. This place is a complete face roll. My first clear was almost completely blind. The only thing I knew going in, was the preferred order and how the orbs/essence worked. I died I a few times to the last boss on green (interrupt the fire guys, duh) and admittedly, the final boss took a bit to get a feel for (I mean it should). Other than the grappling mechanic (bugged) nothing was particularly challenging. Most mechanics can be completely ignored. I still haven't been upstairs on the Titan fight LOL.

Neutral:

I prefer an arena. Certainly nothing says that solo instances need to be one, but I sort of feel like I am basically doing 3 short dungeons scaled somewhere between normal and vet. Its more running than fighting if I am being honest. The arena favors more of a sustained DPS build than a bursty VMA type build. Maybe it's good we have both, but, for example, I think VMA takes more skill to do fast and effectively. Honestly, I think Flawless is a harder title to get than Spirit Slayer. I never felt like I needed a sigil in Vateshran, and the time is not really an issue assuming you don't die.

The Good:

I admittedly like the whole essence collection thing. I think this is a neat mechanic to allow players to feel powerful without the potential for abuse outside of the given instance. I expect this will become a common thing. Surprised there is not a title/achieve for the trifecta plus not getting any essence. That admittedly would probably be a challenge.

I think its a cool theme and visually, it is very appealing. ESO usually knocks that part out of the park, so no surprises there.

That is about all I got, End Rant.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 10, 2020 6:14PM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it as I love that, for a new solo trial, they didn't just do the whole 'kill enemy waves across [x] stages' thing. Not knocking VMA as it's some of the best content in the game, but I don't think I would've enjoyed VMA 2, so to speak.

There's much more focus on boss encounters and boss mechanics. Some of the fights also do a good job at preventing a clean burn so you at least have to do *some* mechanics, although I feel like they went overboard a bit with the Minotaur boss. Especially when you do him as the last one, it just feels like an unnecessary drag.

There's still some other issues, such as the numerous bugs, and just too many adds at the final boss. Hopefully they'll fix that in the near future.

Other than that, it's a great piece of content that feels quite different depending on the class you choose. I can see myself doing it a lot.
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it as I love that, for a new solo trial, they didn't just do the whole 'kill enemy waves across [x] stages' thing. Not knocking VMA as it's some of the best content in the game, but I don't think I would've enjoyed VMA 2, so to speak.

There's much more focus on boss encounters and boss mechanics. Some of the fights also do a good job at preventing a clean burn so you at least have to do *some* mechanics, although I feel like they went overboard a bit with the Minotaur boss. Especially when you do him as the last one, it just feels like an unnecessary drag.

There's still some other issues, such as the numerous bugs, and just too many adds at the final boss. Hopefully they'll fix that in the near future.

Other than that, it's a great piece of content that feels quite different depending on the class you choose. I can see myself doing it a lot.

@WaywardArgonian

You know what? I like that. I have been telling my self it's just a solo dungeon, but it really is a solo trial. It favors a trial build were VMA favors almost a PVP type build. I do prefer VMA, but you are right, VMA 2.0 probably would not have been very well received by most of the community. I also think VMA is some of the best content in the game, but I know I am in a tiny minority.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WaywardArgonian

You know what? I like that. I have been telling my self it's just a solo dungeon, but it really is a solo trial. It favors a trial build were VMA favors almost a PVP type build. I do prefer VMA, but you are right, VMA 2.0 probably would not have been very well received by most of the community. I also think VMA is some of the best content in the game, but I know I am in a tiny minority.

I agree with you that VMA is some of the best content in the game. Maybe even THE best, seeing as it's the ultimate training ground for players. I'm still glad that VVH is something different entirely. Maybe not the ultimate solo training ground like VMA is, but it's still nice to have dungeon-type content designed for a solo player that you can't just faceroll without any experience.
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's disappointing they didn't make this more challenging like when vMA first came out. I'm a pretty good player, certainly not the best and it only took 3 runs to get Spirit Slayer. Granted, I can do things to start pushing more damage but it took me a while before I was at that stage with vMA.

It's also pretty buggy. The grappling mechanic will sometimes get you killed or just bug out in general. The minotaur boss stuns you with his jump up to 5 seconds before landing. I died on last boss once to a colossus 2 seconds into the fight so obviously it hadn't even spawned yet.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been fun for me, I have ran it about 10 times without the ring and completed each time, no issue. I'm a magplar and it was nicely done.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it a lot. Found the last boss tether annoying at first until realising it can be skipped mostly.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only cleared vVH once on my mag DK and it's looking like one skin run may do for me.

I may do enough runs to get the inferno but it seems to be niche? That's quite disappointing if true.

vVH fine as new content and it's great that ZOS thought of solo end gamers too but it's frankly very easy. The boss fights in the wings just aren't that difficult - certainly nothing like later round vMA bosses.

The last boss is more challenging but suggestions that I read that it's harder than the last boss in vMA are not right imo. Provided that you have the buffs and leave the flame mini bosses until last, it's not hard to get the fight down.

vMA was FAR harder to get down, still much more fun (to me) and looks to have more worthwhile rewards for the effort made.

As I say, it's great that there is new solo arena but vMA will still be my go to for a solo challenge
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured I’d also mention this, but to all you stamplars out there this patch who are doing single bar setups, look into the Vateshran two hander. It is basically a 250 weapon damage buff that lasts for 40 seconds, the perfect backbar buff weapon. Recovery, healing, massive prolonged weapon damage increase, its amazing. I was even able to increase my tryhard parse using it by several thousand. Everyone is talking about the inferno staff when the 2hander is the real mvp drop from this arena!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I didnt like was the feeling that most of it was a pure dps check.

That was my only real beef aside from some typical issues mentioned above
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB's Shadow Image is a literal lifesaver on the final boss, not because the shades in circle are hard to kill, but because it's so hecking uncomfortable to do even when there are no colossi.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nairinhe can you tele through the shades?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nairinhe can you tele through the shades?

Absolutely. I also heard that you can streak through the circle, but I don't have a sorc to check it
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    It's long, boring, unbalanced and buggy. Even on normal bosses are EXTREMELY FAT. And those minotaur... gosh I don't find any difficulty except his immune mechanic that transfer to insane long fight with needless animation of spirit's spawn and flights

long? a very "slow" run is probably about 30 minutes. it's definitely all a dps check, i'm just blowing through it over and over again with high dps, especially the last boss.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Andre_Noir wrote: »

long? a very "slow" run is probably about 30 minutes. it's definitely all a dps check, i'm just blowing through it over and over again with high dps, especially the last boss.

I already confident that the forum full of "muh with my DPS I do it in 10 min" heroes. But your words just prove that the whole Vateshran is a boring grind with DPS check and lack of any interesting fights.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed vVH on a blind run on my recently converted stamplar using the ring of the pale order. I just wanna say this arena was absolutely fantastic and was far more than anything I had expected. A+ to the max for the dev team on this one. I feel like this arena had the same passion put into it as Unhallowed Grave. Maybe we need more “hallow” content in the future, because this is a win streak that I hope never ends. Good job ZoS!

So far I'm liking it a lot better than VMA, mostly because it seems to be accommodating defensive player styles as well as offensive ones. I was able to clear the Brimstone Den on Veteran as an actual tank wearing tank gear. Unlike VMA - which had a lot of cheesy DPS-race-like mechanics which required you to kill this or that fast enough or you die. I couldn't even get past the first stage on VMA in a defensive set up and had to swap to a more offensive build and spam pointy sticks to get anywhere.

I'm probably going to start trying Hunter's Grotto tomorrow and see if my compliment holds.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 16, 2020 11:39PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel like this is a bait thread, but I will bite. Where to start...

The Bad:

First, it is absurdly buggy. The grappling hook mechanics are so bad that they seemed to have added platforms in a hot fix between each one. This removes any skill to getting across the chasms, and simply makes it a chore. Even before the platforms, this was my number one cause of death. Even if you successfully hit the next grapple spot, you would sometimes just bottom out and die. I had I believe 3 separate Spirt Slayer attempts that bugs caused a death. Twice I have had my skill bars lock after using the grappling hook.

Second, half the arena can be skipped. Why they make it so easy to skip monsters in a solo instance is beyond me. Sure you don't have to, but they sure do incentivize it for things like Spirit Slayer. You can do the entire blue arena with a ring of the hunt and your shift key.

Third, most of the boss fights amount to damage sponges, and honestly, I feel like I am humping a target dummy on about 2/3rds the boss fights. I am certainly a pretty good DPS, but I am not breaking any records. The fact that my strats on almost every boss after a week from launch is to burn baby burn, well, I just don't see the replay or progression that is going to keep me coming back. Honestly, their are like 4 dangerous mechanics in the whole place. The spinning fire from the last boss on Red, The Flame shapers that spawn on the final fight (admittedly, they ruined a spirt slayer or two), the Green last boss one shot, and maybe the one actual DPS check which is the chain adds on the last fight. These can all be solved with a dodge roll, interupt, or about 9k DPS. As DPS checks go, its a joke.

Forth: Difficulty at launch. This place is a complete face roll. My first clear was almost completely blind. The only thing I knew going in, was the preferred order and how the orbs/essence worked. I died I a few times to the last boss on green (interrupt the fire guys, duh) and admittedly, the final boss took a bit to get a feel for (I mean it should). Other than the grappling mechanic (bugged) nothing was particularly challenging. Most mechanics can be completely ignored. I still haven't been upstairs on the Titan fight LOL.

Neutral:

I prefer an arena. Certainly nothing says that solo instances need to be one, but I sort of feel like I am basically doing 3 short dungeons scaled somewhere between normal and vet. Its more running than fighting if I am being honest. The arena favors more of a sustained DPS build than a bursty VMA type build. Maybe it's good we have both, but, for example, I think VMA takes more skill to do fast and effectively. Honestly, I think Flawless is a harder title to get than Spirit Slayer. I never felt like I needed a sigil in Vateshran, and the time is not really an issue assuming you don't die.

The Good:

I admittedly like the whole essence collection thing. I think this is a neat mechanic to allow players to feel powerful without the potential for abuse outside of the given instance. I expect this will become a common thing. Surprised there is not a title/achieve for the trifecta plus not getting any essence. That admittedly would probably be a challenge.

I think its a cool theme and visually, it is very appealing. ESO usually knocks that part out of the park, so no surprises there.

That is about all I got, End Rant.

I like your take about this. It resembles my thoughts. What I love about the design of vMA is - it gives you control. No boss is really that hard if you follow the mechanics. It can get messy, especially on stage 7, but overall you can choose the pace of the fight, and it’s not a DPS race or burn.

Vateshran? The 3 areas are fine, but there is an overall theme I do dislike. The bosses aren’t a threat themselves but the stockpiling of environmental damage is. The final boss isn’t an issue but the sheer amount of stuff that gets thrown at you.

Maybe it will get better once I’ve done more runs, but the fight just feels like a sloppy mess. vMA never feels like that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Vateshran? The 3 areas are fine, but there is an overall theme I do dislike. The bosses aren’t a threat themselves but the stockpiling of environmental damage is. The final boss isn’t an issue but the sheer amount of stuff that gets thrown at you.

Maybe it will get better once I’ve done more runs, but the fight just feels like a sloppy mess. vMA never feels like that.

In this regard, vVH is like vBRP: stockpiling of damage. It's like they can't make a content challenging anymore without just throwing a bunch of crazy damage at us. And I generally find the feel of vVH much like the feel of vBRP: environmental damage, dps race, uninspiring mechanics. Besides the shade circle, there's not any mechanics that can really make you sweat drop. That being said, I do love that we have a new solo content, and that it's different from vMA, and I really like the aesthetics of the arena, and the last boss in particular. However, vMA was one of a kind (and vDSA for 4-person content for that matter), also due to the time that it was released, and I don't think that kind of challenge can be easily replicated nowadays, unless they drastically change something, like the CP system, for eg. On a silly note, nothing beats the commentary of the spectators in vMA: 'No cheating! Actually, go ahead and cheat!' :smiley:
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue is the drop rate of the 2 hand weapon.. I'm well over 40 runs in and haven's gotten a single 2 hand to drop. That's a bit ridiculous. I'm already sick of running it chasing the one weapon i want and getting garbage over and over and over again.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue is the drop rate of the 2 hand weapon.. I'm well over 40 runs in and haven's gotten a single 2 hand to drop. That's a bit ridiculous. I'm already sick of running it chasing the one weapon i want and getting garbage over and over and over again.

Thats practically all I get, i have 3, would love something different lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished the arena finally yesterday. Now into practicing for the trifecta run ;). I still think vMA is miles ahead from a gameplay design standpoint - there aren’t any interesting mechanics in the fights at all. Even the shade circle of death isn’t really well done, it’s just there so that you are bound to stand in a frenzy of overlapping AoE with high melee physical damage from the bound shades to boot. It’s sloppy

I do like the aesthetics of the place though. But as @Oreyn_Bearclaw said, that never was a ZOS issue in any content so far. Hand always looks great even when it fails in other aspects.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any class/build suggestions for mostly a pvp healer to take this on?

I have one of each class, & all mythics at my disposal.

Just looking for easymode runs to farm support gear & resto staff.

Thanks
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally beat it today on my stamplar :) relequen, deadly, selene and the ring. Beat the last boss second attempt