Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New houseguests prices

Teridax941
Teridax941
✭✭✭
So the two new houseguests are on the crown store now, and I couldn't help but notice that Prince Irnskar is 1k more expensive than Biro-dar. From his description it would seem that he functions similarly to Biro, (and the Dunmer I assume doesn't talk, similar to the guard, hence his similar price). Is it because he's an actual npc we can meet that he's more pricey?
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's right there in the title. He is a Prince. Royals are costly.
  • No_Lollygaggin
    I am shocked Pikachu face at these "premium" house guest prices. To me they don't seem even slightly premium for these crazy prices. Extremely disappointing. House guests was something I was most excited for but these prices paired with eating up the special collectible slots in the houses is a huge turn off. I just cant see the value in the added price.... am sad.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So... I don't even know what I should comment on first. :tongue:

Maybe on why on earth they keep adding so many random Houseguests (random Reach witch, random Dunmer acolyte, etc), when the Special Collectible limit is already ridiculously low and barely anybody has room to fit Houseguests in, with the Assistants and Mounts/Pets we already have?

Or maybe on the mysterious reason of why they thought it would be a good idea to try selling a new Houseguest with a 66% price increase compared to earlier ones, which were already quite expensive at 1,500 each vs 800 each?
    houseguests.png
    Hard to choose, lol. :smiley:
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An NPC for a fake house isn't really worth 20ish bucks. I can get a lot of tacos or a decent pizza for that kind of money. XD
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tastes differ, but I expect two Chicago classic Uno pizzas for that price (frozen from the grocery store, Quite good, but enough sodium per pizza to kill an elephant). I bought Biro. That will be it until they hand out more special slots per house.
    Edited by MageCatF4F on November 13, 2020 4:12PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psh, I’d rather one excellent pizza than two decent or even quite good!

I also bought Biro because he fits with some builds I’m working on and I hope to get Sereyne as well whenever she is available.

I would like to see the ability added to queue emotes at nodes and look forward to seeing what additional houseguests — especially Elven — are added. And bards! Especially if Daahin is ever made available, she is worth a very excellent pizza indeed! :love:
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    House guests are worthless IMO until that slot amount it increased.

With ESO plus in a 700 slot home, I have 10 slots.

I prefer to build/decorate my homes so that they feels as if they would be located in game. This of course is based on the limits of my abilities and furnishing slots (I do not intend to presume I make a better environment than the devs, the artists they employ truly are amazing).

Because the banker and merchant are "necessary" (in order to give homes some function), this automatically takes 2 of those slots, so we instantly go from 10 to 8.

My home is separated into 3 areas. The entry, main structure, and a cave.

ENTRY
    1. 1 Houseguest. The free one. She wanders around looking at things, studying her map, seemingly clueless.
    2. 1 Dwarven Theodolite for surveying the entrance

MAIN INTERIOR
    3. 1 Dwarven mount that is intended to look like a patrolling guardian.
    4. 1 Dwemer beetle that scuttles and flies randomly around for ambiance.
    5. 1 Dwemer spider that shuffles around the room.
    6. 1 Nuzhimeh the Merchant
    7. 1 Tythis Andromo the Banker

CAVE
    8. 1 Rat who scurries around in a small "shed" room.
    9. 1 Purple firefly bug thing (the free one) who zooms around the cave.
    10. 1 Floating Jelly because we see them in Blackreach caves (I am trying to make my little cave look like its in blackreach)

The only pet/mount/NPC I could really swap out and maintain the feeling of life/energy in my home would be the Dwemer Spider. I like the beetle because its small, non assuming and just fun to see it randomly walk or fly around. The 3 in the cave are necessary and really I wish I could add that new pet in my cave along with the eggs (sorry I forget its name, the bony star trek looking thing) so the dwemer spider would be replaced with that pet taking me back to 10 slots used.

Custom NPC's are cool, but we really need more slots. Frankly, each custom NPC purchased should come with its own slot. So you "slot up" as you purchase them. This slot imo though could also be used with mounts or non combat pets. Think of this as the same thing as the pack rat or pig that give 5 inventory slots. You get a pet and function. How about Houseguests come with an NPC slot, so you get a pet and function.

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Custom NPC's are cool, but we really need more slots. Frankly, each custom NPC purchased should come with its own slot. So you "slot up" as you purchase them. This slot imo though could also be used with mounts or non combat pets. Think of this as the same thing as the pack rat or pig that give 5 inventory slots. You get a pet and function. How about Houseguests come with an NPC slot, so you get a pet and function.

And suddenly, Houseguests would become all sorts of relevant. Even people who didn't like new ones released would buy them, just to get those slots. A true "take my money" move.