The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the Echoes of Aldmeris lead?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It had appeared in the codex for Auridon antiquities. It was one of the few leads I found before I got Greymoor and had expired, sadly, as it is one of the antiquities that I really want! So there was only the icon for it, and moving the cursor over it, the message that I would need to find a new lead to scry for it.

But it is no longer listed there, or for any of the zones (I don’t know why I checked every listing but I did). I’ve been buying Auridon treaure maps and searching, searching, getting serpent shrines and motifs, but no Echoes of Aldmeris yet. I would think that’s just RNG, but not finding it in the codex any more made me worry that there is some bug, that it’s temporarily disappeared or something. I want to make sure it’s available and that I’m looking in the right place and can expect to eventually find it.

Best Answers

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It drops from Treasure Chests, not treasure maps.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have found one and the codex entry (1/3) shows.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    It drops from Treasure Chests, not treasure maps.

I thought “treasure chests” meant the hidden treasure chests that you did up with the treasure maps. The terminology is a bit confusing, but I think you are right... I opened quite a few regular treasure chests too but I must expect that it could take a while...

May I ask, does the codex entry still show under Auridon Antiquities for you?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Yes, I have found one and the codex entry (1/3) shows.

Thank you so much for your help! :blush: Perhaps with the updates to scrying, expired leads that were never found are no longer shown? I was concerned that the antiquity might be bugged, which was why I posted here.

It definitely helps to know that I was looking in the wrong place! :sweat_smile: No more buying up Auridon treasure maps!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP issue is now resolved we will be closing the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.