The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please consider changing Storm Atronach

RealPhoenix
RealPhoenix
✭✭✭
Lets compare Storm Atronach to the Necro´s Colossus really quick:

Pre-patch:
Atronach: 25% Damage Buff (Major Berserk) to Atro and 1 additional player who activates the synergy, for 8 seconds
Colossus: 30% Damage Taken Buff (Major Vulnerability) on the Enemy, applicable to the whole group, for 8 seconds

Post-patch, with the Major Buffs changed:
Atronach: 10%, dito
Colossus: 10%, dito

One idea to improve Atronach would be to change the synergy to affect multiple targets. It doesn´t even have to be all 12 of a Raid Team, the 6 closest would already make this ultimate a lot more viable (also considering the fact that the Atro itself does a lot more Damage Over Time than the Colossus)

Feel free to share other ideas to make this Ultimate relevant.

Also: Stam Morph Air Atronach! :p
Edited by RealPhoenix on October 13, 2020 4:08PM
PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't ZoS already finished their Skill audit like a year ago. All skills are balanced.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets compare Storm Atronach to the Necro´s Colossus really quick:

Pre-patch:
    Atronach: 25% Damage Buff (Major Berserk) to Atro and 1 additional player who activates the synergy, for 8 seconds
    Colossus: 30% Damage Taken Buff (Major Vulnerability) on the Enemy, applicable to the whole group, for 8 seconds

Post-patch, with the Major Buffs changed:
    Atronach: 10%, dito
    Colossus: 10%, dito

One idea to improve Atronach would be to change the synergy to affect multiple targets. It doesn´t even have to be all 12 of a Raid Team, the 6 closest would already make this ultimate a lot more viable (also considering the fact that the Atro itself does a lot more Damage Over Time than the Colossus)

Feel free to share other ideas to make this Ultimate relevant.

Also: Stam Morph Air Atronach! :p

I think ZOS are missing a lot with this ultimate. Firstly, you should be able to choose between summoning all the atronachs. Air, flame, ice, lightning.

My proposal is to change it based on what weapon you are wielding. Staves make it swap between flame, ice, lightning. Anything stam turns it into a stam morph/air atronach. Each gets access to a big special attack unique to them.

That's one morph. My next idea would be this: Why not make it truly an ultimate with this next morph? Ult cost would increase, but when you use it you'd call down all three magicka-based Atronachs. You'd activate the ult and get 3 charges so you can choose where to launch them. Since each atro has a falling from the sky sorta summon animation already. They won't last as long as the previous one and won't have the big special attack, instead opting to just attack normally.

And as an adjustment to both morphs: the atronachs would be allowed to move.

Boom, the atronach ult is now officially an actual ultimate again that utilizes all kinds of atros.
  • Dihaki
    Dihaki
    Soul Shriven
    Vayln, nice proposal.

I Agree, Atronach ult is so weak, i only use for mitigation of dmg.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd make it work like orbs so that each member can activate the synergy once. This way, it can affect a whole group (if they are close enough) and allow the sorc to have a unique multi synergy.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd argue that Berserk should be stronger than Vulnerability since it is only affecting the receiving player's damage and not the whole group's damage like Vulnerability does. So, to have them both be categorically the same % automatically makes berserk obsolete if you must decide between the two.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the synergy buff should effect multiple people, or have multiple charges for people to hit
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest removing Major Berserk from it and have the synergy buff your damage by 10%.
    It can then Stack with other Minor/Major Buffs.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buff should also activate for the caster.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a proposal:
    Instead of giving Major Berserk to the synergy activator and the Attronach for 8 seconds, let's change the synergy to make the shock tether the Attro uses give Major Berserk to anyone standing within. The attro regularly does his shock tether, but activating the synergy will imbue the tether for the rest of Attro's duration.

ZoS is printing a lot of tether abilities and sets currently so this fits the theme perfectly.

Also there will be the possibility to affect whole trial group (as many requested here in this thread) but with more difficult proc condition than just use the synergy (you need to staticaly stand in a given position in order to fully capitalize on the effect).

Thirdly, requested duration increase would also happen.

Fourthly, it wouldn't be OP in PvP and in combination with proc sets because it needs a friend to activate the Synergy and you have to be static (unwanted situation in PvP) to make full use of the effect.

Fifthly, this would promote strategic placing of the Attronach and thoughtful use of Daedric Prey/Command pet feature.

Lastly, if this is of your interest, Sorc dummy parses would be unaffected because Major Berserk would be still tied to the synergy.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 20, 2020 5:58AM
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Will the time of the buff of the Atro prolongued? Would make sense to be in line with the other changes.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about tweaking some of the named synergies or buffs to stack. I don't have any faith that more significant adjustments past that will be good long term. The more they change, the more likely it will get over buffed, resulting in the skill being nerfed and end up worse than it is in live.
    Maggusemm wrote: »
    Will the time of the buff of the Atro prolongued? Would make sense to be in line with the other changes.

I can get three going at the same time in skyreach runs (extreme case, yes) and have Attro going very often ( but not on cooldown) in PvP when it casts successfully. Having an improved Attro out there (can be a LoS tool in PvP) even longer than live will attract the ire of the nerfherd.

I know you did a quick comparison, but the Attro damages and stuns on impact - something the Necro colossus rarely pulls off outside PvE now. Maybe a minor slayer type bonus on one morph for would alleviate PvP/PvE balance?

This Ultimate is relevant, just maybe not for the content you're considering. I'm not against making a stam sorc morph or tweaking to divide the morphs for PvE/PvP. I'd just really hate to see the skill become eventually worse than it is now, which is a real possibility if the adjustments aren't careful.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    any response from ZOS for this?
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Thank.
    Use the AoE morph for stam if you want but the other don't need any change, it's by far one of the most powerful ult in the game..
    You speak about buff but totally ignore the dmg output difference between those ult.
    It's totally faire that Collossus get more group support since it cost more and DPS way less than the atro.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a stam morph that turns it into an air atro.
    Scale damage accordingly and keep the same synergies etc.
    I'd really like to have an ult that could be used from the sorc skill tree and something that could benefit the group too.
    :)