The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS: Now is the perfect time to buff Twice Born Star!

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
When I first started playing the ESO and I began looking at the craftable sets, Twice Born Star was the one that popped out at me and I looked forward to being able to make it myself. Unfortunately once I was able to, I had learned enough to know that it is a middling set at best. With you guys buffing the bejesus out of pretty much everything this patch, I think now is the time to make TBS relevant again.

It'd be such a shame for an interesting set like TBS to become even more eclipsed than it already is by pretty much every set in the game. And hey, while you're at it, buff the crap out of Pelinal's Aptitude too. Make Hybrids Great Again!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the buff to divines TBS is arguable a very valuable set given the right mundus choices (steed, serpent, attronarch and maybe shadow come to mind). A full divine TBS offers an additional stat value of 3.98 setbonuses in case of serpent or attro. In case of steed it´s worth 3 setbonues of healthrec + ~2 swift jewelry pieces which translate to another 2-3 setbonues worth of stats (depending on chosen jewelry traits).

Ofc this is from a pvp pov - pve stat building is too linear and single purpose focused to have a set like TBS compete with sets designed to fit these single purpose scenarios.
    Edited by Derra on July 15, 2020 8:10AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBS very viable option for PvP in the upcoming patch.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    While it already has been buffed because I divines, I agree it needs something extra. My suggestion would be to buff the Magicka and Stamina resource set bonuses to 1,5 set bonus, to 1644 Magicka/Stamina. Makes it a great set for PvP, but also a fairly good one for PvE. It’s just so cool an idea for a set that I’d hate to just let it be and no one use it.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    With the buff to divines TBS is arguable a very valuable set given the right mundus choices (steed, serpent, attronarch and maybe shadow come to mind). A full divine TBS offers an additional stat value of 3.98 setbonuses in case of serpent or attro. In case of steed it´s worth 3 setbonues of healthrec + ~2 swift jewelry pieces which translate to another 2-3 setbonues worth of stats (depending on chosen jewelry traits).

Ofc this is from a pvp pov - pve stat building is too linear and single purpose focused to have a set like TBS compete with sets designed to fit these single purpose scenarios.

Yeah, I realize that Divines got buffed, but despite that I'm still running into the same issue I did before — pretty much no matter what mundus I choose, there is a set that will work better than TBS. I think part of it is the generic 1 line each of health/mag/stam. While the stat density might technically be there, if you're min/maxing those generic stat lines kind of get in the way.

Personally, I'd like something like this:

(2 items) Adds 1096 Stamina & Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell & Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell & Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 1487 Physical & Spell Penetration
    You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.

Before this current set of patch notes I would have said that might be a little stat-heavy, but at this point it would pretty much fit right in with a lot of the upgrades ZOS is giving to the other sets.

I dunno. It's worth a try I guess, I mean implementing my suggestion would be a hell of a lot less cancerous than the new batch of proc sets ZOS is cooking up.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I agree. I provided a similar suggestion after seeing a few crafted that lean towards being hybrids have their 2-4 bonuses applied for both stam and mag but other crafted sets didn't get the same treatment, especially Pelinal's Aptitude which should practically be at the top of the list. Even throwing in a stat bonus on the 5 piece doesn't seem outlandish.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wont be populer in PvP (outside of gang builds maybe), because you loose 875/1000 critical resistances for divine trait.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    Yep I agree. I provided a similar suggestion after seeing a few crafted that lean towards being hybrids have their 2-4 bonuses applied for both stam and mag but other crafted sets didn't get the same treatment, especially Pelinal's Aptitude which should practically be at the top of the list. Even throwing in a stat bonus on the 5 piece doesn't seem outlandish.

Pelinal's point is that you save yourself the distirbution of e.g. spell/ weapon dmg glyphs on jewelry and therefor gain a lot of extra spell damage, depending on how many glyphs you'd otherwise use for your opposing damage stat.

Look at it as a few k spell dmg set.
    However, I agree that it could use a slight buff with all the new top sets that just came out.

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Wont be populer in PvP (outside of gang builds maybe), because you loose 875/1000 critical resistances for divine trait.

Impen gear is getting a nerf again so it isn't making much of an impact anymore. Especially now that you can get in the high 2000's with CP and the base crit resistance. So, if they did buff TBS to something such as suggested it could be popular in PVP.
    Langeston wrote: »

If this was what they made TBS to be I would definitely use it.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Ruder wrote: »

Impen gear is getting a nerf again so it isn't making much of an impact anymore. Especially now that you can get in the high 2000's with CP and the base crit resistance. So, if they did buff TBS to something such as suggested it could be popular in PVP.
    Langeston wrote: »

If this was what they made TBS to be I would definitely use it.

Same, this is too strong though. Like way too strong. You need to lose at least the crit or perhaps even two bonuses, with penetration being the worst one and crit being the best one for PvE and reverse for PvP.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    When this set gets damaged, do I lose the effects?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set lives and dies with the mundus as it should. This set used to be a top-performing set before Zos nerfed the mundus. It should not be buffed and nerfed directly because Zos makes changes to the mundus.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this set granted Crit Resist it would be worth it, otherwise running full divines is not worth it.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 piece- nothing
    3 piece- nothing
    4 piece- nothing
    5 piece- able to slot 4 mundus stones
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    2 piece- nothing
    3 piece- nothing
    4 piece- nothing

That would be way too over tuned.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 piece- nothing
    3 piece- nothing
    4 piece- nothing

Is 3 mundus stones better than a BiS set?
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point!

TBS is such an original and interesting set!

It is so much better than all the "doing damage adds a stack of SOMETHING that after X stacks does SOMETHING ELSE". Feels like most sets now are just "filling the blanks" of the stacks thing.

From this new patch, I wouldn't be surprised if the "creates a tether" will be the new template for all new sets.

TBS is really cool in that regard: it is a condition that is completely unique. It would be nice to at least make it more on par with other crafted damage sets.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 piece- nothing
    3 piece- nothing
    4 piece- nothing

Is 3 mundus stones better than a BiS set?

It would be closer to on par. I am not sure how well it would do PVE wise but the biggest drawback from a PVP perspective is the lack of Crit Resist from Impen.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah make it Thrice-Born-Star,easy.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give me old twice born where the mundus still lasted even if you de equipped it :)
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making it single bar-able could go a long way. Have the second mundus stone turn on and off as you swap bars. That way you could still run a defensive/stat set on your body and have your second stone be offensive and switch it on when you go to your front bar.

Being forced to double bar it impairs its usability greatly.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about:

2 item: 1096 magicka and stamina
    3 item: +1 mundus stone
    4 item: 129 spell and weapon damage
    5 item: +1 mundus stone

This way you have a choice: use as a 3 piece set for +1 mundus or use as a 5 piece set for +2 mundus
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would give this set an additional 5-piece bonus that buffs the strength of the Mundus in the same way that Divines does.

That way, you would not necessarily be forced to run Divines (though it would still be the best for min/maxing the Mundus).

So something like:

Set Bonus
    (2 items): 1206 Health
    (3 items): 1096 Stamina
    (4 items): item: 1096 Magicka
    (5 items): Increases Mundus Stone effects by 50%*
    (5 items): You can have two Mundus Stone boons at the same time.

That compares to +63.7% for running Full Divines, so you would roughly get the Full Divines bonus even when using alternatives traits. IMO, that would be a nice buff that would also make the set more generally useful in more types of content.

*Value is for ball-parking strength and conceptual purposes rather than for perfect balance.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either the 1-4 needs buffing like the one suggestion above or x3 mundus
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds