Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeating Mannimarco.

• Buckey
    Buckey
    Just killed him on 5th attempt. As a Lv40 Bosmer NB.

Used Strife every now and then for the HoT. Arrow Spray to kill the skeleton spawns and Shadowy Disguise to interrupt his draining skill.

Basically took him down with normal attacks, with a bow for the most part. Impale spam when he gets low.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    He's an endurance fight and the fight gets harder the longer you go into it because you lose your npc help .

I treated it as an endurance fight at first can came off badly. Then I went for max burst and found it much easier. I have spent skill points on being able to take both routes specifically in order to play the field. I used my two hander and just wellied the crap out of him.
  • Ruebs
    Ruebs
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, MANNIMARCO was a simple, no death 30 second fight @ Lvl 38... Wait till you go to the 'Halls of submission' for the fighters guild in Riftin. <Now that sh#t's hard =)
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruebs wrote: »
    Lol, MANNIMARCO was a simple, no death 30 second fight @ Lvl 38... Wait till you go to the 'Halls of submission' for the fighters guild in Riftin. <Now that sh#t's hard =)

At level 38? How the heck do you do that when the quest becomes available at level 40...?

Also, "Halls of Submission" is a lot better/interesting than Mannimarco and I had an easier time doing it.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • cliveklgb14_ESO
      cliveklgb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Actually i stopped playing that character. Since i didnt skill ANY selfheals. And im not spending the 10s of thousands of gold to reskill just for a fight that every char with every set of skills should be able to do at the appropriate level. considering canceling my account actually.

You don't have to respec to get more skill points.

There are 296 skill points available in the game.

Go round up sky shards, and get some points to spend, and level for some more points to spend them come back to it.

You come back and beat it at 47, that is 6 more skill points right there. What are you spending your points on if not your class line? Are doing every craft line on one character or something?

Edited by cliveklgb14_ESO on April 23, 2014 4:15AM
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      "Play as you want", but Gods help you if you don't have all the self heals or a restoration staff, or don't have an aoe ability.

That said, I didn't use an aoe on Manni. I ignored the ghosts entirely for the most part.

That's the sad part. I find harvesters more difficult than Manni was. I found the bone colossi in the zone before him more challenging than he was.

And don't get me started on Molag Bal.

People tell me I'm a better than average player. I honestly don't think so. Halls of Torment I lit that up like a Christmas tree. Doshia was a pain in the butt because the balls are practically invisible on certain scenery textures. Bal was a pushover. I freaking brute forced that fight. Mannimarco was a case of running around in a circle beating on him occasionally until I had full ultimate again so I could light him up. Valley of Blades was a pain in the arse until I realized how freaking OP silver bolts is. Don't even need to avoid the red when the mob is planted on it's arse the entire fight.

If you have the right skill set, these fights are pushovers. I feel for the people that don't *take* these skills because they don't ever play alone.

And I detest the "wait till they get to vet content lolz" crowd. You realize that I haven't solo'd a single iota of vet content right.... because I can group with my roommate.... Who cares if they can't solo vet content? OVERLAND CONTENT CAN BE GROUPED.

The argument fails so much. :(
    • aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      Is this quest required for further progress? I will not try this again. I already spent too much time for this quest... and this not fun anymore
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      yes, sadly it is. if you dont finish this quest the main quest is over for you.
      But wait, soon the 'but its not difficult, you are just too stupid' brigade will show up, telling you that you are
      a)stupid for not finishing this fight in the first try
      b)destroying their game by mentioning that this fight is too hard for you
      c)send every mod in this forum after you in case you say something they dont like
      d)the tell you that you are either stupid or ***, just in case you missed it the first time.
    • LonePirate
      LonePirate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I think if there was an effective way of stopping Manni's white energy bolt that follows you around the room and even behind objects, then this fight wouldn't be so impossible for people. I defeated him but I vastly outleveled him and I was buffed with a purple food item boosting all three of my stats. He is a very, very tough fight that will take a long time,
    • aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      But can I enter the new areas of Daggerfall and Ebonhart Pact without finishing it? Is rank 50 enough?

@Lanatireb17_ESO:
      I am also a nightblade 41. I spent many gold for repairs, new armor and so on... I was once close when I used a lot of healing potions ...
      But it is enough now.
    • Yankee
      Yankee
      ✭✭✭✭
      Actually i stopped playing that character. Since i didnt skill ANY selfheals. And im not spending the 10s of thousands of gold to reskill just for a fight that every char with every set of skills should be able to do at the appropriate level. considering canceling my account actually.

Wut? Earn a leveling skillpoint (or go collect a few skyshards) and put up a siphon heal.

You are right though. If you are unwilling to adapt at all this is the wrong game for you. VR levels will be even less enjoyable for you than Mannimarco was.

And he has been nerfed a lot from beta.
      Edited by Yankee on April 22, 2014 3:44PM
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Yankee wrote: »

Wut? Earn a skillpoint (or go collect a few skyshards) and put up a siphon heal.

You are right though. If you are unwilling to adapt at all this is the wrong game for you. VR levels will be even less enjoyable for you than Mannimarco was.

Ah. you mean VR is really hard? well. guess what. its not. i got my second character to VR3 already. VR is a billion times easier than Mannimarco.
    • Yankee
      Yankee
      ✭✭✭✭

Wut? Earn a skillpoint (or go collect a few skyshards) and put up a siphon heal.

Ah. you mean VR is really hard? well. guess what. its not. i got my second character to VR3 already. VR is a billion times easier than Mannimarco.

Your VR3 character has no heals and is melee? You are a tough cookie.

Mannimarco is only hard because you state that you refuse to adapt. Otherwise, he is quite easy.

I simply do not understand refusing to slot a self heal. If something has thousands of HP, is not stunable, a heal is pretty handy. Especially for a melee Nightblade.

I took him out first try on my NB, but I had a couple damage abilities that also healed.

Hate to see you cancel just because you won't add a skill or two.
      Edited by Yankee on April 22, 2014 3:57PM
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      yes, actually i DO run a melee nightblade in VR without selfheals, and i dont encounter too many problems except in situations where i encounter more than 2 opponents, since my build is very much focused on one target damage bursts.

I open with Ambush (sneaking from behind, as a Khajit, i bring every normal opponent down to less than 50%hp in one blow), one heavy hit, shadowy disguise, (with an armor set that improves health regen by 40%), wrecking blow, and when opponent is under 25% he gets an impale. and all the time he didnt even have the chance to hit me ONCE. For the times that there is more than one target i spam brawler 4. attributes 0 0 49. So yes, you can very easy run in VR completely without selfheals.
    • Gisgo
      Gisgo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You better spec into strife and siphoning strike now because the game isnt going to get easier after Manni is dead.

I understand you dont like that kind of NB, i dont either, but i keep a "boss fight" skillset just in case.
      Edited by Gisgo on April 22, 2014 4:14PM
    • LonePirate
      LonePirate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Mannimarco is only hard because you state that you refuse to adapt. Otherwise, he is quite easy.

Mannimarco is not "quite easy" not by a mile. A single, same level mob you can kill in a few seconds is quite easy. A Main Story boss with thousands of HP who has minions and who can easily kill you whereas you need several minutes, for some people upwards of 30 minutes, to kill them, is not "quite easy" by an definition.

I swear some people posting in this thread have not battled the level 40 Mannimarco that is bedeviling many, many people. Either that or some people need more education about proportionality or are prone to hyperbole.
    • aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      Can please someone tell me, if I do have to complete the main quest line to enter the 50+ areas?
    • Gisgo
      Gisgo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes Mannimarco IS easy.
      Get to veteran ranks and some of the regular quest bosses are harder, at times much harder.
    • Yankee
      Yankee
      ✭✭✭✭
      yes, actually i DO run a melee nightblade in VR without selfheals, and i dont encounter too many problems except in situations where i encounter more than 2 opponents, since my build is very much focused on one target damage bursts.

Mine is single target too. The difference being that with bloodcraze and siphoning, unless I screw up I can kill 3+ and end up at full health. At about 5 of them I might very well die (out of resources), where my Sorc would have fewer issues.

But I am not very skilled and am not qualified to tell you how to play. In case you have not already, please disregard my advice.
      Edited by Yankee on April 22, 2014 4:37PM
    • Xnemesis
      Xnemesis
      ✭✭✭✭
      I used soul swallow, Degeneration from mages guild tree, ambush, Blood craze, and Killers blade. Pair that with Shatter soul ultimate for max single target damage and win. Just make sure after he ports to to close the distance and interrupt his healing then back out for the aoe. Beat on him till he ports again then rinse repeat. Make sure you have food buffs on and healing potions on the ready for those oh crap moments. GL and have fun hope this helps ya out a bit!!
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Can please someone tell me, if I do have to complete the main quest line to enter the 50+ areas?

Yes, sadly you have to. And what is worse... if you love playing alts, you'll need to do it with all of them.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
        aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
        Soul Shriven

@kendaric: thanks for info. for me this is too difficult.. then mannimarco will rule the world
      • huntgod_ESO
        huntgod_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I struggled with this fight because I came in to it thinking it was going to be another turn and burn, get reward and move on. It was not. He has too many HP to burn down quickly, you have to pace the fight and if you don't block his self heal it is going to take you FOREVER. I died and got frustrated several times trying to use the standard tactic (which means none) that I'd used leveling up.

This was one of the handful of fights I've come across in the game where killing nuking the boss is not the solution.

Also if this made you want to quit, you are going to despise veteran content, which takes grindy to a whole new level and ALL the mobs require some thought and changes to pre-50 playstyle. Once I got the hang of the fight I felt stupid that I'd had such trouble.

As has been pointed out, range is preferable to melee, but you can do it with either. Don't blow your wad in the first 30 seconds of the fight. Beat him down with light/hvy attacks, when adds spawn, 1-2 hits with any AOE attack will clear them, then go back to beating him and make sure to knock him out of his heal.

Also don't forget your ultimate, I did the fight without using my ultimate once, because I am so unused to needing it. Fight would have taken half the time if I'd had any of my ultimates going.

Also being able to play your character the way you want, doesn't mean you will automatically be successful doing it "your" way. I am sure this fight is doable w/o self heals, but I would think it would be much harder.

I don't know how you are out of points at 41 though, I craft wood/iron/cloth all in the mid 40's now and still have 11 pts just sitting there at V.1. I still haven't gotten the shards for Cyrodil, though I did collect all the shards in the EB zones, which is easy.

I would definitely have done that over respeccing.

Though respeccing is not out of line money wise, aside from bags there is nothing else to spend it on. I have my bank and bags both up the 20k pt, everything I loot gets broken down and recrafted then given to someone else in my guild for free, so I get no money from anything I loot and I've still had adequate funds for playing. I repaired gear up until level 30 when I realized it was cheaper just to craft new white gear every 2 levels, though I do have tempering 3 on all 3 of my crafts so I will normally upgrade to green now.

Anyway with all that and respeccing once for 8000 gold, I still have enough money for most stuff, around 15k at the moment.
        --- HuntGod ---
        Officer of the Unrepentant
        www.unrepentantgaming.com
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        @kendaric: thanks for info. for me this is too difficult.. then mannimarco will rule the world

You can take him down. Some things that might help:

> Fight him with a bow, Poison Arrow with the interrupt morph really helps. Keep the DoT from the arrow active whenever possible and attack Mannimarco with light and maybe a few heavy attacks. Use the skill to interrupt his lifedrain.

> Have plenty of potions ready.

> Having Silver Bolts with the AoE morph helps a lot with the adds.

> Don't forget your ultimate.

> In the beginning of the fight, let your companions take care of him. He's much more managable then. Hide near the door for a moment after you tagged him.

> Don't get discouraged!

The fight is just incredibly annoying because it's way too long to be fun.

• Sakiri
          Sakiri
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Kendaric wrote: »

Yes, sadly you have to. And what is worse... if you love playing alts, you'll need to do it with all of them.

My gaming buddy is one of the "bads" they hate on here. I enjoy playing with him even if he sucks. He even admits he sucks.

Blocking him out of 2/3 of the game because he has issues with a hard skill check hell never have to deal with when hes with me(we dont pug, screw pugs) is complete and utter bulls*t in my opinion. Its a main story quest. EVERYONE *has* to complete it, therefore should be *able* to complete it.

End of story.
        • atmos80eb17_ESO
          How you can beat him w/o any struggle: you need range atacks, a shield skill(if you have acces to 1), 1 heal (you can even swap weapon to use a healing staff skill), 1 aoe skill for the adds (they are 1 hit), and DOT range atacks. In the worst case, w/e class you are, use on swap healing staff to heal your self and recover mana from heavy atacks and also dmg him in the process, after that you can swap your dagger/sword or w/e your using and burst a bit and redo that again untill he dies. Me as a teampler, i never went under 85% HP.
          Its just my opinion, i hope it helps.
        • aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
          aluwinkler+tesob16_ESO
          Soul Shriven
          Now I made it. Thanks for the many good tips.
          I used the bow, siphon heal, many healing potions, expensive buff food, heavy armor...
          I bought even repair kits, because I expected a long session, but I did not need them.
        • Jaxom
          Jaxom
          ✭✭✭✭
          Killed him last night on my NB Vampire, level 41. Kept him at range, blocked his bolts. When he spawned his adds, I used Drain Essence to full heal me, rinse repeat. Drain Essence really trivialized the fight. I didn't use a pot, or food. I did use my BatSworm once which healed me again. Got him on my first try.
        • Crumpy
          Crumpy
          ✭✭✭✭
          You just need to survive the waves then hit Mannimarco a couple of times and he *** off and, job done :)

Just be sure to dodge the red marks on the ground
          Edited by Crumpy on April 23, 2014 10:11PM
          I lyke not this quill.
        • LonePirate
          LonePirate
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          Crumpy wrote: »
          You just need to survive the waves then hit Mannimarco a couple of times and he *** off and, job done :)

Just be sure to dodge the red marks on the ground

By a couple of times do you mean a few dozen times? The level 40 Mannimarco has several thousand HP so you're not going to defeat him by hitting him a couple of times like you say.
        This discussion has been closed.