The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so then, im tanking and your pets suck

• linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    nud3_voxel wrote: »
    You can use hidegroup if you're on PC

what is this then. ive never heard of it
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linuxlady wrote: »
    because they spawn right in front of me almost every time and i cant see to block or swig or heal or roll dodge or any thing
    i hate your hungers and your daedroths and whatever else it is that insists it's view is more important than the tanks view
    please tame your pets

I completely agree and they for sure to block vision. It's not just a matter of "step out of the way", it depends on how they spawn. During trash pulls, you may have them lumbering right along with the pull. Especially when running dlc content and wearing gear that is more supportive than selfish. In harder content there are a lot of one shot mechanics and for sure tanking requires my focus to the mechanics and positioning.

Overall it's funny to see so many dps saying "don't complain". Like ok haha. As a tank you can insta find a group. I guess good look sitting in another 20 minute cue?
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me tanking Cloudrest. Took a quick screenie at a rare moment when I could actually see a bit of the boss. Not pictured is the Atro and Colossus ultis and other pets that were also present.

ZbL9UEv.jpg
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenLake wrote: »
    Pets are part of the game and part of builds. Demanding someone to control something they cannot, or something they enjoy playing, is not your right. Learn to play around pets or play another role.

Heavy attack will tell your pet where to go. On Keyboard UI you can use the Y key as well.

Pets ARE controllable, players need to learn this.

Pets are army controllable with heavy attacks, but their "smart" inner targetting will do it's own thing most of the time. I had a fight in vFL that I had to "tell" my bear 5 times to stop attacking the immune boss and go hit the dragon. Face it, the problem is not the player's, but game design. What they need to do is to make all single target animal companion/daedric summoning agro the pets as part of the passives.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

Anyone who says Maw isn't insanely annoying for tanks has absolutely NO CLUE what they are talking about and should be ignored.

What if I tank fine with Maws around me? It makes my opinion invalid? K. They should make the option of it being invisible though, together with no ally effects.
    Edited by zvavi on October 21, 2020 7:06PM
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Me tanking Cloudrest. Took a quick screenie at a rare moment when I could actually see a bit of the boss. Not pictured is the Atro and Colossus ultis and other pets that were also present.

ZbL9UEv.jpg

Lol... This is a perfect example of the issue.

Trying to say that this is not an issue is clearly just to be the contrarian in the thread. It is really annoying.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZbL9UEv.jpg

Haha. This.

"Just step to the side."

What difference does that make when all 8 DPS has their daedroth out?
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are part of the game and part of builds. Demanding someone to control something they cannot, or something they enjoy playing, is not your right. Learn to play around pets or play another role.

There is plenty of stuff in the game that is unbalanced, broken, overpowered or just not fun. You want that to stay as well?
    Give me a break...same with all you guys who say deal with it.

Er no, if you are fine with tanking multiple pets that's great for you.

I have all but 1 or 2 trifectas in dlc dungeons, I can do them but pets are an inconvenience. Trials more so. bad design is bad design.

If zos could make pets only visible for the caster wouldnt that be nice?

This is what the forums is for
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is lost from NOT having the damned daedroth right in the tanks face? Is there some kind of special DPS boost that only kicks in when the tank cant see anything?

This has been a recurring theme on the forums. The Maw's placement was poorly thought out. Esp when it pops right before a telegraph and you miss it while trying to move to somewhere you can actually see.

Having it spawn on the flanks or ideally be invisible would eliminate a large chunk of the pain the devs have created.
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    Most pets are fine; you can make small adjustments if they get in the way. But giants like Maw of the Infernal spawns can seriously impair visibility during fights for tanks. Even when stepping aside works, it's not ideal - you're either moving back and adjusting the battlefield, potentially screwing up carefully laid ally AoE abilities, or rotating to the side, and angling boss AoE attacks towards allies. Tanks position bosses the way they do for a reason, not by whim, and any loss of that control makes the fight tougher on everyone.

It's by no means the DPS' fault that some pets are so large and unwieldy for tanks - the sets can be helpful for the DPS - but I really do wish ZoS would shrink the largest pet models.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZbL9UEv.jpg

One of the many reasons I refuse to tank Trials.

1. You can't see ****, every pet and their mother stand in your face. Maw, lightning atro, sorc pets and bears. It is impossible to spot a heavy attack and if you miss a heavy attack the entire team wipe.
    2. Performance is ass, the game can not handle trials.
    3. You can't wear what you want to wear, you're told what to wear, where to stand and what to use.

I summery: You can't see *** while walking in lagfest being told what to do/wear.
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭

ZbL9UEv.jpg

One of the many reasons I refuse to tank Trials.

1. You can't see ****, every pet and their mother stand in your face. Maw, lightning atro, sorc pets and bears. It is impossible to spot a heavy attack and if you miss a heavy attack the entire team wipe.
    2. Performance is ass, the game can not handle trials.
    3. You can't wear what you want to wear, you're told what to wear, where to stand and what to use.

I summery: You can't see *** while walking in lagfest being told what to do/wear.

where i am from people who tell you what to wear, how to act, and what to do are the people you walk out on and take the kids with you far away from after having changed your job and identity... just my two cents.

So you can imagine, i dont do trials much but i have done some...
    Edited by linuxlady on October 22, 2020 6:50AM
  • MaLTRaiN
    MaLTRaiN
    ✭✭✭
    So, you can hide all your teammates with an addon, but you can't hide the damn pets... that's stupid.
  • MaLTRaiN
    MaLTRaiN
    ✭✭✭

Or you can buy yourself a pair of hands and make damage by yourself and not depending of a f... pet for that...

It's for this kind of dps that I almost never do pugs with my tanks... I have a high demand on my guild, so rarely make pledges or daily randoms with pugs.
  • Chapilliams
    Chapilliams
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate them as well as tank - always trying to side step so I can see if there's a heavy coming, but then another pet spawn. It's frustrating when you go down cause of it lololol.

Wish they'd make the animation shown to the "owner" only of the pet and the rest in group don't see it, or at least make an option to hide friendly animation in-game.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to get things done fast and efficient, don't complain when people are using the BIS gear. Give me a competitive non-pet build for my Sorcerer and I'll gladly decon the maw and unslot my pets.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    If you want to get things done fast and efficient, don't complain when people are using the BIS gear. Give me a competitive non-pet build for my Sorcerer and I'll gladly decon the maw and unslot my pets.

I have better solution, vote kick. New dps will arrive instantly. If kick fails, I'll leave, gl waiting for new tank. I'd rather take lower dps than put up with all the pets. And 9 out of 10 petsorcs are low dps anyways coz it's ez mode class and alot of noobs use them.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, fiery whips are too long and they blind me and I can't see my staff.

Nerf fiery whips, plz.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    thorwyn wrote: »

I have better solution, vote kick. New dps will arrive instantly. If kick fails, I'll leave, gl waiting for new tank. I'd rather take lower dps than put up with all the pets. [1] And 9 out of 10 petsorcs are low dps anyways coz it's [2] ez mode class and alot of noobs use them.

Surely EZ mode != low dps? You'd think the easier it is to play the better/higher the dps.

But it's not just pet sorcs running maw this patch, literally any mag will do justifiably more dps with maw. You can go with zaan for reasonably close dps, but it doesn't proc anywhere near as consistently; personally in dungeons I run domihaus because it has a really good uptime and allows for quite a bit of mobility where necessary, but in the grand scheme of it, you wear what's needed for the content and group composition. In organised groups this will shift by encounter as not all gear setups and loadouts are primed for every situation, but pugging, people will go with what ever most reliably hits the hardest in order to get it over and done with asap.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to be an @rse but have you tried increasing your FoV? Don't know if this was said before.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a joke (about the topic name):
    If they do - just make them alittle more sexy and may be we have a deal ;)
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    It will be a joke (about the topic name):
    If they do - just make them alittle more sexy and may be we have a deal ;)

Daedroth in lingerie? Uhm...
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Don't want to be an @rse but have you tried increasing your FoV? Don't know if this was said before.

That doesn't help at all when the boss itself is covered up. My screenshot above is me using max distance 3rd person.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a "pet" as well. A "dark shade". It's translucent, non obtrusive and I can still do all my tanking with this "pet". Why don't they fix the daedroths etc to be like that? Even the selene bear is less obtrusive than those view blocking daedroths.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a "pet" as well. A "dark shade". It's translucent, non obtrusive and I can still do all my tanking with this "pet". Why don't they fix the daedroths etc to be like that? Even the selene bear is less obtrusive than those view blocking daedroths.

Yep. I don't mind the NB shades at all for those reasons. Something like this for other pets would be awesome.