Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Sticker Book"

Lumsdenml
Lumsdenml
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure that I saw this addressed, but was wondering about the new set collection feature in U28. If you pickup dropped armor, say CP160, add it to your collection and decon it. Then later you want to reconstruct it for an alt, can you choose the lvl of your armor? Can you make it a lvl 20? How about the other way around, you get a drop set on your lvl 20 toon, decon it, then want to use it on your cp160 character? Is there a cost differences? Thanks in advance!
In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
Obituary:
RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reconstructed armor it can only be crafted at CP160, @Lumsdenml.

On the bright side, if your level 20 character picks up gear, yes, it will go to your collections.

Important to remember that all gear must be bound to your account before it will be accepted into the "sticker book".

Picking up bind on equip (BoE) overland gear in itself and deconning it won't work ... it has to be bound (e.g. put on one of your characters) before decon.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 22, 2020 10:18PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks for that info, Taleof2Cities! That very nicely unconfused me - so now I'll have to start equipping everything that's in 4 banks.... At least I don't have gear in storage chests!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the bright side, if your level 20 character picks up gear, yes, it will go to your collections.

Important to remember that all gear must be bound to your account before it will be accepted into the "sticker book".

Picking up bind on equip (BoE) overland gear in itself and deconning it won't work ... it has to be bound (e.g. put on one of your characters) before decon.

Ah, thanks! Unfortunate that you can't choose the level of your gear, but good to know! Thank you!
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Ah, thanks! Unfortunate that you can't choose the level of your gear, but good to know! Thank you!

Maybe in a future patch, @Lumsdenml.

Update 28 is the debut of the Item Set Collection ("sticker book"). I'm sure the UI programming is complicated and ZOS wants to see how it works in Live first.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would make it easier for a player that has been around for even a short while to craft good gear for under 50 PvP. That is likely the reason they limit it to CP160. Just a guess.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Oh, thanks for that info, Taleof2Cities! That very nicely unconfused me - so now I'll have to start equipping everything that's in 4 banks.... At least I don't have gear in storage chests!

Supposedly the "sticker book" recognizes bound gear in your bank.

However, I was unable to test it ... because it was introduced with the EU character copy on PTS.

Maybe a friendly EU forum-goer that's been on PTS can confirm.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 22, 2020 10:38PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It would make it easier for a player that has been around for even a short while to craft good gear for under 50 PvP. That is likely the reason they limit it to CP160. Just a guess.

Well, with the state of the crafted gear (80% of the crafted sets are not even as good as most overland drop sets) it would be cool to be able to craft your sub 50 character some overland sets without having to farm.

But, since I would rather PVP on my sub 50 characters than farm gear, I just craft some CA and Julianos or Hundings or NMA and call it good! :smile:
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in a future patch, @Lumsdenml.

Update 28 is the debut of the Item Set Collection ("sticker book"). I'm sure the UI programming is complicated and ZOS wants to see how it works in Live first.

Well, maybe. I am pretty excited about this update regardless. I mean, all that bank space back! Woo hoo!
    Obituary:
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposedly the "sticker book" recognizes bound gear in your bank.

However, I was unable to test it ... because it was introduced with the EU character copy on PTS.

Maybe a friendly EU forum-goer that's been on PTS can confirm.

Yes, but I've got GOBS of good gear that my mains have picked up, that no one has used yet (my mains on my 2 NA accounts
    are CP160+; my one on EU is just under CP100 - and all my other characters are much lower level) so my mains are going to have to start swapping gear any time they're in the bank. But that's fine - I'm in game all day anyway!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth noting that the following circumstances will also unlock an unbound item:
    • Deleting it from your inventory.
    • Deconstructing it.
    • Vendoring it, and then selling enough items to remove it from the buyback tab.
    • Marking it as junk, and then destroying it using the mass junk destruction function, (I haven't personally tested this.)

This applies with both overland sets, and with dungeon sets that are still inside their two hour trade timer.

So, while I'd suggest binding an item just to be safe, there are safeguards in place to unlock an item should you accidentally destroy an unbound item you needed.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Deconstructing it.
    • Vendoring it, and then selling enough items to remove it from the buyback tab.
    • Marking it as junk, and then destroying it using the mass junk destruction function, (I haven't personally tested this.)

This applies with both overland sets, and with dungeon sets that are still inside their two hour trade timer.

So, while I'd suggest binding an item just to be safe, there are safeguards in place to unlock an item should you accidentally destroy an unbound item you needed.

And that is REALLY excellent info too, starkerealm! Thanks to you as well!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Deconstructing it.

And that is REALLY excellent info too, starkerealm! Thanks to you as well!

Yeah, thanks! Though I have a feeling that I'm going to be overly cautious and just equip everything that I unlock before I decon it.... just in case... :smile:
    Obituary:
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will locked bound items automatically get added to the sticker book when it goes live? What about bound items in storage chests?
    Edited by cyclonus11 on October 22, 2020 11:03PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Will locked bound items automatically get added to the sticker book when it goes live?

Yes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Will locked bound items automatically get added to the sticker book when it goes live? What about bound items in storage chests?

Bound items in your inventory will be unlocked.

I'm not sure about items in storage. I suspect traveling to your house may be necessary to unlock those. Worst case, you may need to pull them out of storage and drop them back in again (but, I doubt it will be that extreme.)

I'm also not sure about items in the bank, though those should unlock when you log in on any character.

You will need to log in on each character to unlock the items they have equipped or in their inventory, so that is a thing.