The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampires, How are you making out?

• wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much in the same boat as OP.

I did not even try it when the changes came out, I just left until 2 weeks ago. Its useless, but I have written so many small story snippets for my vamp "house" I won't be otherwise.

I can just hope they remove some of these terrible changes and make vamp fun again.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    JMadFour wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    It's better to play the game yourself and make up your own mind.

Folks play the game for many different reasons and are going to have a different experience with it. For my part, I've definitely had a *better* experience with my vampire character after the rework, but it really does depend on what/how you play and how creative you are.

I'm not a new player.

I'm not talking about the initial Greymoor revamp. I am asking about the most recent changes where they made Vampires unhealable for 5 seconds after using their spammable, among other things.

You are saying you have had a BETTER experience after that change, as a Vampire?

I honestly couldn't say - I haven't been playing ESO as much in general and didn't play that character immediately after the rework. I went from playing him through the Q1 DLC dungeons to playing him during the recent Greymoor event. I have no direct experience of the more incremental changes that happened in between all that, though as a general rule, stuff like that doesn't really phase me. I adapt. This isn't to say I like everything about the rework. There are definitely some things I would change but overall being a vampire is a more dynamic and interesting experience gameplay-wise which is probably what they were going for.

As far as the inability to be healed by other players for 5 seconds? Didn't bother met at all on that character - he has plenty of self-healing and doesn't need external support if I'm minding my tactics. Keep in mind the content I care about doing with this character is soloing world bosses and occasional normal dungeons. Considering he's a magicka-DK who doesn't use a staff, that I make it work as well as it does is pretty awesome I think. The vampire rework helped him a lot because it gave him a health-based damage spammable and that takes pressure of his magicka pool. One's mileage will vary but for more creative characters out there it has interesting utility.

A magicka DK who doesn't use a staff?

:#

There are all sorts of fun ways this game can be played when one prioritizes creativity and character concept. Yes, this includes not needing to use a staff as a magicka character. You can optimize around it if you know the game and its sets well enough. This sort of setup works particularly well for DK because they have so many DoTs you can play more tactically and let your DoTs do the work for a relatively efficient cost. The heal off of Burning Embers alone easily negates the self-heal "problem" from using Blood for Blood. It probably helps to have max CP when doing creative characters like this. I'm not sure it would work so well without CP - or rather, it would be a lot harder for things like soloing world bosses. And don't bother trying this for something like PvP - I'm sure that wouldn't work, but I also don't give two craps about PvP.
    Edited by Starlock on October 20, 2020 1:03AM
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    Vamp works great with Nightblade, only using lvl 2 atm for the 300 weapon damage stealth attack
    but with the upcoming changes to
    Minor Fortitude/Endurance/Intellect: Increased to 20%, up from 10%
    Major Fortitude/Endurance/Intellect: Increased to 40%, up from 20%.
    Sustain is going to be easy clap , so even vamp lvl 4 shouldnt be a problem than

Even for Nightblade it is a problem I believe... Curing vampirism your toon and it will preform better. All you are do is handicapping yourself in all content. (excluding overland...)

Yes, you can have some very limited success... Tyr stage 4...or Jump into some difficult veteran content... Try healing, or tanking now days as a vampire. You are ultimately transferring all your penalties to your team and they are caring you. You are so limited in potential upside do to all the heavy penalties it is imposable to make anything truly equal to the "mortal" counterpart. You are basically pigeonholed into a very narrow lane that is inferior to other players.

Making out as a vampire? I am not... It just does not work very well... :wink:

I hope it changes soon.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Alright, I'm done with my temper tantrum over the Vampire Changes lol. Played some other MMOs, and felt the urge to come back to this one. The other MMos available to me on Xbox just aren't quite as good, OVERALL. Downloading the game again.

I'm curious as to how anyone who did not cure their Vampires and are still actively playing them are making do with the wholly unpopular changes.

Also, were there any other tweaks to Vampires as a whole since the BfB changes?

I mostly play as a tank and I haven't cured my Vampirism and still consider it wholly superior to the Vampire state before Greymoor.

The new system allows me to stay at stage 1 while still making regular use of Vampire Abilities - which means I don't have to worry about taking excessive fire damage or having my health recovery disabled. The +3% ability cost is negligible and easily dealt with.

Why do I like it? The Vampire's Mist abilities are great defensive/mobility moves that allow me to move around at will without having to worry about being stunned or snared. This can be very handy when tanking because it often requires you to move around quickly while enemies are actively trying to stun and snare you. So being able to become immune to those types of effects while moving can help a lot.

I also like drain - since it gives all classes access to a health-based heal.

I also like Hypnosis - which is a very cheap stun. It's usefulness is situational like all stuns - but as an example it's great for stunning those incoming ghosts in Harrowstorms.

Now I rarely play as a DPS so I'm no expert at it. So that may be part of the reasons I haven't found much use for Blood Frenzy or Eviscerate. In my opinion these abilities are too difficult to use effectively after the nerfs (they were good before the nerfs in my opinion - especially Blood Frenzy which was pretty awesome). But after the nerfs I don't care for them. But as I say - I'm not an expert at DPSing. So a more experienced damage dealer may can make better use of them.

This is about as detailed and balanced a post I know how to make. And I make it just to give you another perspective so you don't think everyone who plays this game hates the new Vampire and has gotten rid of it. Because I haven't and still consider it a step forward for the skill line.

Now to add my customary ending to all posts relating to the Vampire (because often times others take it personal on here when ever I dare to say anything good about the Vampire) to those who disagree with me please don't bother quoting this post. This is the one and only post I am going to make in this thread. This board is very strict and not conducive for heated debates and my experience has taught me that when ever I enter into a vampire debate it rarely ends well for those involved. So please respect my very reasonable request here and just let my post stand alone as me simply giving my perspective and answer to the OP. Those who disagree with me and wish to make counter arguments can do so without referencing me. It won't hurt your point to leave me out of it I promise you. ^^

Ummmmmmm...... No. You made the choice to post. People are free to scrutinize and disagree with it if they so choose. You don't want your post to be referenced? You are free to delete it if you so choose to.

If people could reference it without the insults I'd be fine with it.

That's the problem.

Some people on this board seem unable to debate the Vampire Issue without lacing it with insults and condescension. So that's why I try to discourage people from commenting on my post. But I'm also not going to allow the anti Vampire lobby on here haha to intimidate users from giving their alternative opinions on the topic. Especially when it is asked for.

well said
    all truth
    and just like you i like the new vampire skills and way of the vampire especially the way they have it now compared to years ago. i love it, but im insulted and bashed for it as well as many are, i know im not alone, many of us love the way vampire is right now and i hope it stays this way and not changed.

I like what they tried to do. I just think they overdid the drawbacks of being vampire.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Alright, I'm done with my temper tantrum over the Vampire Changes lol. Played some other MMOs, and felt the urge to come back to this one. The other MMos available to me on Xbox just aren't quite as good, OVERALL. Downloading the game again.

I'm curious as to how anyone who did not cure their Vampires and are still actively playing them are making do with the wholly unpopular changes.

Also, were there any other tweaks to Vampires as a whole since the BfB changes?

I mostly play as a tank and I haven't cured my Vampirism and still consider it wholly superior to the Vampire state before Greymoor.

The new system allows me to stay at stage 1 while still making regular use of Vampire Abilities - which means I don't have to worry about taking excessive fire damage or having my health recovery disabled. The +3% ability cost is negligible and easily dealt with.

Why do I like it? The Vampire's Mist abilities are great defensive/mobility moves that allow me to move around at will without having to worry about being stunned or snared. This can be very handy when tanking because it often requires you to move around quickly while enemies are actively trying to stun and snare you. So being able to become immune to those types of effects while moving can help a lot.

I also like drain - since it gives all classes access to a health-based heal.

I also like Hypnosis - which is a very cheap stun. It's usefulness is situational like all stuns - but as an example it's great for stunning those incoming ghosts in Harrowstorms.

Now I rarely play as a DPS so I'm no expert at it. So that may be part of the reasons I haven't found much use for Blood Frenzy or Eviscerate. In my opinion these abilities are too difficult to use effectively after the nerfs (they were good before the nerfs in my opinion - especially Blood Frenzy which was pretty awesome). But after the nerfs I don't care for them. But as I say - I'm not an expert at DPSing. So a more experienced damage dealer may can make better use of them.

This is about as detailed and balanced a post I know how to make. And I make it just to give you another perspective so you don't think everyone who plays this game hates the new Vampire and has gotten rid of it. Because I haven't and still consider it a step forward for the skill line.

Now to add my customary ending to all posts relating to the Vampire (because often times others take it personal on here when ever I dare to say anything good about the Vampire) to those who disagree with me please don't bother quoting this post. This is the one and only post I am going to make in this thread. This board is very strict and not conducive for heated debates and my experience has taught me that when ever I enter into a vampire debate it rarely ends well for those involved. So please respect my very reasonable request here and just let my post stand alone as me simply giving my perspective and answer to the OP. Those who disagree with me and wish to make counter arguments can do so without referencing me. It won't hurt your point to leave me out of it I promise you. ^^

Ummmmmmm...... No. You made the choice to post. People are free to scrutinize and disagree with it if they so choose. You don't want your post to be referenced? You are free to delete it if you so choose to.

If people could reference it without the insults I'd be fine with it.

That's the problem.

Some people on this board seem unable to debate the Vampire Issue without lacing it with insults and condescension. So that's why I try to discourage people from commenting on my post. But I'm also not going to allow the anti Vampire lobby on here haha to intimidate users from giving their alternative opinions on the topic. Especially when it is asked for.

well said
    all truth
    and just like you i like the new vampire skills and way of the vampire especially the way they have it now compared to years ago. i love it, but im insulted and bashed for it as well as many are, i know im not alone, many of us love the way vampire is right now and i hope it stays this way and not changed.

I like what they tried to do. I just think they overdid the drawbacks of being vampire.

Agreed. I don't insult or belittle someone for liking the line. I don't bash them. It's not a constructive approach to get things pointed out.

Magicka Nightblade probably has the best synergy when it comes to both the 'visceral-ness' that Finn was trying to convey in the Dark Heart of Skyrim reveal stream. It also has the best thematic feel when it comes to being a vampire that a couple of classes fall flat on. To me it just feels like Vampire is just Nightblade's fourth skill line in disguise and we all got :trollface:.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar seems to handle shimmering the best. I can really throttle the damage when im in execute using radiant glory, had some back to back 110k tics in a really awesome dungeon group. I dont see any pve or pvp need to go full vampire and definitely never go past stage 1. Soo yeah id say vampire changes turned out to be a failure.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

Agreed. I don't insult or belittle someone for liking the line. I don't bash them. It's not a constructive approach to get things pointed out.

Magicka Nightblade probably has the best synergy when it comes to both the 'visceral-ness' that Finn was trying to convey in the Dark Heart of Skyrim reveal stream. It also has the best thematic feel when it comes to being a vampire that a couple of classes fall flat on. To me it just feels like Vampire is just Nightblade's fourth skill line in disguise and we all got :trollface:.

I agree with this sentiment. It's the reason I like my Nightblade the best, Vampire just seems a natural fit for it.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Vamps left - soon to be one just for gathering. My Necro PVE Vamp is a stage 1 just for the Ult. Isn't worth it. Cleansing soon if I bother. Cyberpunk may take care of it....
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you take the other meaning of making out. Then, in that case, i heard they suck a lot now ;D
    Edited by WeerW3ir on October 22, 2020 8:25PM