The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So that’s it...No Proc Set Changes? (6.2.4)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    It's a good time to have a break. At least, for me.

I was thinking this too, I wont pvp another 3-4 months in such a proccy meta, its devoid of challenge and accomplishment. Everyone is just using proccsets and malacath, anything else is subpar to say the least. Extremely stale and boring.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Aznarb wrote: »
    Cries wrote: »
    Community has overwhelmingly been saying that this is the worst proc meta we’ve had in years and the only change we get is a slap to the wrist on sheer venom. Disappointed, the combat team truly doesn’t do any PvP testing or enter BGs. People have been asking for item set rebalance, class rebalance, new CP system, and all we ever get is more broken proc sets. Which also for some reason take at least 6-months to get nerfed whereas every other MMORPG would hot fix them within a week. The combat team for this mmo is awful, and 95% of the people who PvP on a normal bases would agree. After 6 years coming this January I think I’ll finally find a new MMO to main as the PvP community in this one is ignored.

Many PvE player like these set that are finaly usable after years and years of being trash.

Change how PvP work 1st to not destroy any fun thing PVE got because of PvP..

I do quite a bit of end game PVE content and am in a few trial guilds where we extensively discuss group/build theory crafting and I can safely say that nobody and I mean nobody uses the sets everyone is talking about in PVE. Those sets are absolutely worthless in end game PVE. They are a huge DPS loss.

If you need these sets for PVE you are doing something very wrong.

Its not that they are needed
    But when you have 18 character all of them having the same set for optimal dps it quite borring

So let me get this straight. You want to purposely use an inferior set because it is boring to use a superior set on all of your toons? So you prefer to either not complete content or take a needlessly increased amount of time to complete said content just to use a different set?

This for real?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Community has overwhelmingly been saying that this is the worst proc meta we’ve had in years and the only change we get is a slap to the wrist on sheer venom. Disappointed, the combat team truly doesn’t do any PvP testing or enter BGs. People have been asking for item set rebalance, class rebalance, new CP system, and all we ever get is more broken proc sets. Which also for some reason take at least 6-months to get nerfed whereas every other MMORPG would hot fix them within a week. The combat team for this mmo is awful, and 95% of the people who PvP on a normal bases would agree. After 6 years coming this January I think I’ll finally find a new MMO to main as the PvP community in this one is ignored.

Many PvE player like these set that are finaly usable after years and years of being trash.

I do quite a bit of end game PVE content and am in a few trial guilds where we extensively discuss group/build theory crafting and I can safely say that nobody and I mean nobody uses the sets everyone is talking about in PVE. Those sets are absolutely worthless in end game PVE. They are a huge DPS loss.

But when you have 18 character all of them having the same set for optimal dps it quite borring

Thats the truth. What are there, like 6 viable dps sets for pve, if that? PvP was sort of the same. Just a few viable sets. Then ZOS went of a rampage of releasing proc sets, improving old ones, and nerfing stat sets. Now there are tons of set combos for pvp. It makes me think that ZOS has internal polling numbers showing "the Community overwhelmingly loves" proc sets.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Thats the truth. What are there, like 6 viable dps sets for pve, if that? PvP was sort of the same. Just a few viable sets. Then ZOS went of a rampage of releasing proc sets, improving old ones, and nerfing stat sets. Now there are tons of set combos for pvp. It makes me think that ZOS has internal polling numbers showing "the Community overwhelmingly loves" proc sets.

Things i like procsets, but not in their current form.

It would be much better if they scaled off of stats.

As it stands they provide far too much dmg, and it has been proven, for very little effort.

I think procsets more than have a place in the game, but they cant be the de-facto, only viable things.

If you go to BGs or non cp cyro these days and your not rocking procs, you are so severly handicapping yourself its not even funny.

Also Zos has done a lot to balance stat sets, hence the nerf to new moon and fury for example.

Theres a lot more variety now, but its completely pushed sideways due to procsets being so dominant.

Also there isnt that much variety when it comes to procsets, Syvarra pretty much dominates the meta to the point where its even worth running on magicka toons.
    Sheer venom is a strong contender, but for example venomous smite cannot compete with sets that have potentially 100% uptime.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 procs it is then. Or 2 with curse eater maybe
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

The only thing killing PVP these days is performance issues, and toxic players.

you forgot to mention horrible threads where they claim thier ideas are the same ideas and wants of the entire eso community.
    what they dont realize is that this forum is only a very small portion of the eso community, very few people come here to the forums from eso and if you want an accurate account of eso communities thoughts and feelings on eso subjects then you need to ask each of them personally by email of thier @account name.
    and thats eso devs job not ours and its very Blocking to the rest of us to even be allowed to have a different opinion for these people to claim that 98% of eso thinks, or wants 1 certain thing, just not true.
    they dont have proof of that.
    Nah they are good. You are just tired of dying to them. Because that's what happens when you don't take cover from enemy attacks.
    well said, infact like i said earlier, i still stand by:

i think what the problem is here, is that people simply do not use purge on thier character and when proc sets or problems come to them, they die, but that is not the case with me and my build because i use purge for strong poisens and for situations where ny health wears thin from D.O.T.s

so i strongly Strongly suggest to all people:
    slot purge and slot a heal of somekind and use them when your introuble, if you refuse to do that then you simply gimping your build and survival.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 20, 2020 12:21AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets help less experienced also to have a chance. Current pvp community is toxic and arrogant. They only enjoy the game if they can easily kill newer players or casuals. Now with proc sets, some pve player who's fishing or questing in Cyro can fight back and all the community is whining lmao.

Typical, let's nerf what kills us and what we can't kill.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Proc sets help less experienced also to have a chance. Current pvp community is toxic and arrogant. They only enjoy the game if they can easily kill newer players or casuals. Now with proc sets, some pve player who's fishing or questing in Cyro can fight back and all the community is whining lmao.

4k dmg/sec from spamming light attack and 1 ability is not a fighting chance it is a crutch. Secondly, less experienced players still have no chance to win a fight against an experienced player also using procs. Proc sets are bad for everyone whether you are a potato or a god at PvP. In fact your comment can’t be further from the truth. I can 1vX potatos using proc sets, but the minute I fight a half decent player with procs inside the stack of potatos I was fighting I am dead.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

4k dmg/sec from spamming light attack and 1 ability is not a fighting chance it is a crutch. Secondly, less experienced players still have no chance to win a fight against an experienced player also using procs. Proc sets are bad for everyone whether you are a potato or a god at PvP. In fact your comment can’t be further from the truth. I can 1vX potatos using proc sets, but the minute I fight a half decent player with procs inside the stack of potatos I was fighting I am dead.

Lmao. Then why is it meta if it's that bad. And why is everyone complaining, just use non proc sets and be superior. Your post doesn't make any sense. Veterans dont like proc sets because potatoes can kill them. It's not fun if target dummy fights back is it?
    I've been killed countless of times by some hotshot while fishing in Cyro with my pve toon and got teabaged and insult whispers. Now I've managed to kill few of them and they are crying lmao
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭

Lmao. Then why is it meta if it's that bad. And why is everyone complaining, just use non proc sets and be superior. Your post doesn't make any sense. Veterans dont like proc sets because potatoes can kill them. It's not fun if target dummy fights back is it?
    I've been killed countless of times by some hotshot while fishing in Cyro with my pve toon and got teabaged and insult whispers. Now I've managed to kill few of them and they are crying lmao

Cause everyone is complaining about it that's why and it's only a matter of time before one of those "hotshots" finds you and procs you down and teabags you again with whispers to follow.
    Edited by JinxxND on October 20, 2020 1:52AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am saying 4k dmg/sec is bad for everyone, not that proc sets are bad. They are meta because they are overtuned as hell. You can still own people using non-proc sets but it requires more skill and effort. Two things that the general PvP community lacks. That is why everyone is using procs because they do the work for you - the least path of resistance.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this mentality apply to PvE as well, where there is also plenty of toxicity and arrogance? Can I have some easy to acquire sets that allow me to run around in veteran arenas and trials spamming light attack + 1 or 2 other buttons in order to hit >= 90k dps? Do you think we'd see many complaints from PvE players on the forums if such sets existed?
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Does this mentality apply to PvE as well, where there is also plenty of toxicity and arrogance? Can I have some easy to acquire sets that allow me to run around in veteran arenas and trials spamming light attack + 1 or 2 other buttons in order to hit >= 90k dps? Do you think we'd see many complaints from PvE players on the forums if such sets existed?

Stamplar, deadly + rele + selenes. Only need to spam jabs and LAs. 90k
    There you go sir
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Stamplar, deadly + rele + selenes. Only need to spam jabs and LAs. 90k
    There you go sir
    It's not like proc sets are only functional on one class, so that's not a valid argument. What sets will allow my Magicka Necromancer to use light attack + 1 or 2 other abilities to hit 90k+ dps?

Edit: And they need to be easy to acquire sets, too, like proc sets are. Something that I can either craft, buy, solo farm, or solo queue into.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on October 20, 2020 2:34AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raising the floor is a good thing, but not at the same time as lowering the ceiling. I think that's most people's issue with proc sets. Also, in how it simplifies optimization. What good is a class crit passive when the strongest sets don't contribute to crit damage? What good are the Warrior and Apprentice stones if the Lover is the only one that buffs the strongest sets?

Make proc sets scale off of offensive stats: raise their uppermost limits of damage, lower their baseline of damage. A 20k HP / 20k resistances build gets the same damage out of proc sets that a 40k HP / 40k resistances build does, and this causes imbalance. I think this would satisfy all parties quite well. Keep these proc sets relevant, and don't make them into a kind of Pelinal's Aptitude where all they do is transform your damage rather than raise it. Doing this would increase the complexity of optimization and build customization, which I think all can agree is a desirable thing?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

slot purge and slot a heal of somekind and use them when your introuble, if you refuse to do that then you simply gimping your build and survival.

Should have applied this to yourself when you died from streak, but you didn't. Maybe if you slotted a heal you wouldn't have died to 8 ticks of streak. You were in trouble, use them.

The facts are that you do a lot more damage currently WITH proc sets compared to without them, with little to no downside. Multiple people have shown how a set like sheer venom is essentially the dmg equivalent of over 600 wd 5 pc set with a free 100% multiplier. I have posted videos showing that procs with one skill is 3x more dmg than just the skill and flat damage sets. As has been said on the replies of these videos, I am able to get a "score of a good player" using just one skill and light attacks.

You're simply gimping yourself right now by NOT running proc sets because they're that good. They're easy to use and give you more than any other set can give you. You can sacrifice so much actual weapon damage and fit in more recovery, allowing you to utilize things like higher health, undeath, etc...making a MUCH, MUCH stronger build than other sets provide.

I would LOVE for a pro proc person at any point in literally any discussion, attempt to show mathematically that proc sets are currently balanced compared to stat based builds. I'd love to hear any argument outside of ad hominem attacks on "elitists" or random strawmans that really don't have any weight. Judging by the multiple threads where none of this is happening, I am assuming that there isn't one, which once again is why it's so egregious that they haven't been fixed yet.

Honestly, a much better argument than all of these ridiculous ones is "i like proc sets where they are, increase weapon dmg sets if it's imbalanced". At least at that point you're arguing based off what you want out of the game, not based off "elitists" or "minority players" which is just not really an argument.
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    Hey now, at least they nerfed sergeant's and put an end to its reign of terror as well; players will no longer feel the trauma of witnessing the avalanche of dual wield heavy attacks on every single one of their death recaps from the grand total of 8 players that were using the set. All the other players using crimson/unfathomable/syvarra's/unleashed/sheer etc just clearly never knew what was actually good to use.

Exactly! RIP all 8 of us. This nerf is beyond stupid.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me all is good. I do not play meta, i do not play standart proc sets, i play the same gear pvp for 2 years and all is fine for me.

I kill a lot of players, i think some people hates me in compains :), and the only problem for me now is:
    Some times 4-5 purges is not enough to clean all this ... proc sets from myself
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

As it stands they provide far too much dmg, and it has been proven, for very little effort.

I think procsets more than have a place in the game, but they cant be the de-facto, only viable things.

If you go to BGs or non cp cyro these days and your not rocking procs, you are so severly handicapping yourself its not even funny.

Also Zos has done a lot to balance stat sets, hence the nerf to new moon and fury for example.

Theres a lot more variety now, but its completely pushed sideways due to procsets being so dominant.

Also there isnt that much variety when it comes to procsets, Syvarra pretty much dominates the meta to the point where its even worth running on magicka toons.
    Sheer venom is a strong contender, but for example venomous smite cannot compete with sets that have potentially 100% uptime.

Syvarra didn't even become a "Thing" until the last few weeks. A good thing too. It has made me mountains of gold.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Syvarra didn't even become a "Thing" until the last few weeks. A good thing too. It has made me mountains of gold.

Same actually, that thing sells for insane amount of money.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Great idea. I will slot this on my StamDK and StamBlade. It only costs 8000 magicka! I can cast it once in combat and then have 17 proc set DOTs reapplied to me instantly, because cooldowns on proc sets are bugged.

And no, I can't go higher than 17-19k magicka in non-CP. I would literally have to sacrifice too much stamina and lose damage, block and roll dodge resource. Not everyone can be a streak-sorc with an easy Stam -> Mag exchange, which also buffs your recovery and heals you for a ton.

Proc sets need to scale with stats, end of!

For example: Venomous Smite 2k/s damage with weap dmg of 6000, 1k/s with weap dmg of 3000 and so on. Wouldn't that make more sense?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See ? People like you are the problem. Cuz they only see themself.
    I've do way more than "quite a bit" of end game using all meta set.
    Currently I'm retired and chill in casual guild where many people enjoy proc set cuz they can add theme to their build.
    Also if you were a decent player like to seem to think, you''ll now that the difference for a good DDs between beginner set up and end-game one are about 10-15k at max. That mean most set are totally usable to clear content unless you're looking for harder trial HM or leaderboard.

Diversity of set, for many people (don't forget than casual are the more present type of player in ESO), bring lot of fun and that where proc set shine. For a very long time most of them where trash but now many of them are totally worth to slot.
    Try a stam sorc with aegis, pillar, stormfist, you'll be surprised by how hard it can parse, and yet that totally themed build.
    Sheer venom can easily be used by a stamDK in a poison build and taking advantage of the passive that give stamina each time poisoned debuff proc.
    That just 2 exemples.
    If they start nerfind proc set they will end-up nerfing al the other too, Zaan, Grodarth, relequen, pillar, etc.. Dunno for relequen but I've seen the 3 other used in PvP. That NOT a solution.

It's not about PvP "Meta" or PvE "Meta", it's about the fun of people that should have viable option.
    Like you said, these set are NOT top tier (well depend, relequen (mono) and aegis (trash) are used by many stam and are proc set) but they're good enough to be used and cleaning 90% content.

For the PvP specific problem, every good PvP player should now that proc set are NOT the problem. Every patch PvP had "unplayable problem with lag and braindead tank build" THAT is the problem.
    Fix Tank build, fix performance and FFS : made a separation between PvP and PvE, that just non-sens that buffing or nerfing one will impact badly the other one.

Don't get me wrong, I want everyone to have fun and that ofc including for PvP. But it just get me sick to read each patch idiot comment about "new problem" when all the base one that made these "new problem" appear are not fixed yet and people don't push enough ZoS to fix them but instead just want to change thing for their own mod instead of taking the whole game experience in is entirety.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb again, how come that logic doesn’t apply to PvE specific sets? How many PvP people do you see wearing aegis of galenwe, automated degree, relequen, yolnahkriin, nahviintaas, kynes wind, lunar bastion, siroria, master architect, moondancer, etc? Let’s change all of those sets too so we can have sub-optimal PvP builds, but hey! at least they’re fun right? That is the whole premise of your argument.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See ? People like you are the problem. Cuz they only see themself.
    I've do way more than "quite a bit" of end game using all meta set.
    Currently I'm retired and chill in casual guild where many people enjoy proc set cuz they can add theme to their build.
    Also if you were a decent player like to seem to think, you''ll now that the difference for a good DDs between beginner set up and end-game one are about 10-15k at max. That mean most set are totally usable to clear content unless you're looking for harder trial HM or leaderboard.

Thanks for the laugh.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tbh if my death recaps show that the players using these sets wasnt 5 star gen. in pvp id say ok it low lvls making themselfs usefull but no its 5 star gen. out running proc sets so nope try another way to say these sets aint bad for pvp
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like your name, OP. It's actually quite fitting also.

But I do agree with you.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like your name, OP. It's actually quite fitting also.

But I do agree with you.

PC NA
    Characters:
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Not really, this discussion is actually grounded on the fact that proc sets are overperforming. I've seen plenty of people die to something and then come to the forums to cry about it. I just wanted a simple @name that would also remind people who hate tell me after they get 1vXed that they are crying. :) Anyways, back to the topic, I can't believe that of all the nerf proc set threads ZOS still hasn't made a statement.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 26, 2020 1:52PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already indirectly nerfed dot procs (and dots) across the board with two changes.

1. They boosted pvp healing by 12.5% (from .4x to .45x) = Battle Spirit: Reduced the healing penalty to 55%, down from 60%, to make up for some reductions of Healing Done and Taken we’ve taken out of the game.
    2. They nerfed major defile down to 10% from 30%

These two changes alone greatly weaken dots and strengthen burst (because burst generally kills within a cc and before heals land).

Expect proc sets to be much weaker next patch
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on October 21, 2020 8:04PM
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Everyone complaining (with good reason) about the proc sets and I'm just sitting here wondering why skills which were affected by the Major/Minor changes aren't being adjusted this patch to make them relevant over the next few months. Several ultimates and abilities are under budgeted and need at least a duration compensation for the Major nerfs (Nova, Storm Atronach, Hircine's Rage, Reaper's Mark, etc.). Slimecraw monster set is still pointless in its current state (you literally get more damage by using something else).

I understand that they may have a plan to balance these things in a future patch, but implementing these changes is taking far too long for any MMO. This pursuit for the perfect SBE has created such a tunnel vision that the rest of the game has been neglected for over a year now, and it is now starting to affect things it was not meant to affect like class abilities. It feels like they are chasing their own tail. Looks like we will have a half-broken game until next year.

This is quite typical of them. Instead of making the changes all at once they always just change part of it and give vague promises about fixing it in the future with no concern for the broken state they leave some builds and classes in in the mean time. By the time they get around to fixing it, they'll have done started on changing 10 other things, leaving those only half finished as well so even when it's fixed your class/build might still be busted and waiting on even more 'future' fixes

I've never played an MMORPG (and I've played a lot since 1997) where balance passes were so......... random and incomplete.

Usually, even if I disagree with it, I can see where a balance change is coming from, but with ESO in the last couple of years it just seems like change for the sake OF change much of the time.

So many players seem to be getting burnt out by this.