Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lamia's Song set potentially infinite use?

• Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    RoyJade wrote: »
    A cooldown would help, but it will kill some potential builds. A scaling on the ultimate spend (exactly like mountain roar) would be better : a overload sorc or incap NB can spam a little group heal, but a heavier ultimate like nova, standard, veil or negate would heal for a large amount.
    So isn't the only answer to make the amount returned by activating the ultimate scale with the ultimate amount consumed? That way Overload returns nothing on activation and only very minor amounts as ultimate is consumed. Likewise, Incap Strike could be spammed but would provide minimal benefit each time.

As a Fifth set bonus, the amounts returned should be really well scaled to make it worth over another Fifth bonus set.
    Battle Roar is a class passive, it only costs 2 skill points (or 3) and returns all resources.
    But a Fifth set bonus is something huge, to make it worth restoring 1 or 2 resources scaled on the cost of the ulti, the amounts would need to be even higher.
    Don't get me wrong, I actually like the idea of a Battle Roar for everyone kind of set but the values should be carefully calculated and we all know how it goes...
    Anyway, just for testing purposes, Lamia's could have a cool down and Whitchman's a ultimate cost scaling (or vice-versa).and then we compare the outcomes :)

But I think we all agree on one thing: the way those 2 sets are now working cannot go Live.

Yes, they do seem awkward, especially when you consider NB ultimate costs. Overload is a unique case but in order to prevent exploiting the mechanic the way the bonus operates would need to be changed. Obviously we have put more thought into these situations than ZOS has so it will be interesting to see how they react once these go live, since they rarely fix these issues during PTS. I think Shrouded will be the far bigger problem though.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd bring this up but... Overload = infinite proc at no cost?

4fa94010b0.jpg

Already tested, doesnt procc with overload (neithet toggling nor la)
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used Shrouded Armor as an NB at VR14, and it didn't seem overpowered to me. It was a good dueling set that gave me more survivability, but I had to sacrifice the DPS of Hunding's Rage, for example, making my Steel Tornado weaker in group situations. I say leave it as is.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi. I don't mean to necro a thread. But as this one talked about Lamia's Song and using it with Power Overload, I was wondering if the Devs could make this work now. Before the recent changes, this would have been too powerful. A 7k heal for only 25 ulti spent would've been insane.

But now that the set has changed, it would work very well with a Sorcerer and not be too strong I think.

Lamia's Song

Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you and your group members within 20 meters of you heal for 25 Health and restore 25 Magicka and Stamina per point of the Ultimate's cost.

What do you think?

Also, should I create a new thread as the title is misleading?
    Edited by maxjapank on October 20, 2020 2:16AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco himself would be proud of this necro ;D
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mannimarco himself would be proud of this necro ;D

It's a serious request. The set is not working with Overload, even after it was changed. But again, maybe I'd be better off creating a new post.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.