The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patching rate is impractically slow (222.26kbps)

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure why this is happening but the patching rate on the launcher is downright broken. I've had it running for 2 days and it has done 1%.
Looking for thoughts on how to fix this. Patching itself is client side right? So it shouldn't be limited by the network...
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If your launcher is stuck at updating or updating slowly, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

There are some additional steps you can also try in the help article below.

What do I do if my ESO launcher won't start or gets stuck at "Looking for launcher updates"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried various fixes with virus protection - no success
    Tried repair - no success
    Deleted program data - no success

now still stuck at "not enough room" when there is enough room.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Cathexis

Could you post a screenshot of the full error message you're currently getting with your ESO update?
    Staff Post
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a repair request and then I get the error:

Error 104 - DownloadError_NotEnoughSpace
    The Launcher has detected you do not have enough hard drive space free to update the game. Please free up space on your hard drive and try again.

I have 37gb on my hard drive free.
    Praise Malacath.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Cathexis

For more information on the Error 104 message and how much space is required to perform the download and installation operations, please see this article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just reinstalled the whole client there was some sort of problem with game files being corrupt in my storage process where I stored the game on a backup. Works fine now.

Thanks for the help though :)
    Praise Malacath.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update on the situation. Since reinstalling has resolved the patching issue, we will be closing the discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.