Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are Class spammables terrible?

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Most magNBs prefer Swallow Soul over Ele Weapon or Force Pulse. Similar damage, self-heal on top of that and ultigen used to its maximum potential on top of top of that.

Surprise Attack is used by most if not all StamNBs.

2) A lot of magsorc recently started using Crystal Fragments as spammable over Ele weapon or Force Pulse. Try it yourself, it's really something.

The new Stamsorc spammable is not really good, the group utility it brings is too low. This one is better off using Rapid Strikes.

3) No magDK will pick Ele Weapon or Force Pulse over Whip.

Poor stamDK has to stick with clunky Poop Fist which is terrible but brings a lot of group utility so it's usualy prefered over Weapon spammables.

4) Templars are even out of question, Sweeps/Jabs all the way :lol:

5) stamWardens recently started with Birds to use the Bleed to it's maximum potential. Results seem to be more than satisfying.

Magwardens don't even use spammable, it's full dot-cycle rotation. But okay, if they unslot some of the dots sometimes, they replace these with Ele Weapon or Bird.

6) Magnecro is the same like magNB, Ricochet Skull is preferred over Ele Weapon or Force Pulse. It does more damage than both, when Engulfing Flames come into question, and the AoE portion just further strenghtens the preference of Skull.

Stamnecro's skull is terrible so he is stuck with weapon spammables.

So, out of 12 specs and classes I counted only 1-3 which really prefer generic spammable over its class spammable. That doesn't seem like class spammables are terrible.

Still doesn't mean that they dont need to be improved. Warden's doesn't even work with the class's design.

I agree, but so are many other things in this game. I've only shown that there is no strong preference of generic spammables over class ones, meaning that general global changes to class spammables (I assume you refer to that type of change) should be on low priority.

But individual class spammables which are completely overshadowed by generic spammables should be looked at. This includes Venom Skull, Screaming Cliff Racer and Crystal Weapon. And of course, Poop fist, this one needs to be reworked (again) and really soon. Popularity of stamDK dropped significantly since introduction of new Stone Giant.

I mean, i like the new stone giant. The design is really interesting. But it definitely doesn't feel like a stamdk skill, and the cast time is out of place.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    If a Magdk in pvp is using molten whip it is not a spammable. Engulfing flames is more spammable but not much of one how there class plays and has to burst people don’t have really one not often I use whip multi times.

Not precisely true.

Whenever I have my DoTs stacked and I'm focusing on one target I definitely spam whip, especially when they're low health, sure, I wait until the right moment to apply this pressure, but spamming it most definitely happens and is most definitely better than engulfing spam.

Engulfing spam is for if someone is trying to dodge roll away and you need AoE pressure.

The thing is though if you using molten whip you’ll never hit it more than twice.
    Ok he flamelash morph is more of a spammable but hits like a noodle
    90% of rhe time if your burst needs more whips they won’t die to them
    Edited by lucky_Sage on October 19, 2020 1:04PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal weapon should be either a better weave able skill (it's clunky) or offer more utility. 1k pen is way to low. Crystal weapon is however good weave able with bow attacks. (pvp povl
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when whip used to be good.