The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why the buff to Wrath Of Elements?

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/d1fOZp0-sY0

This is to showcase how far away from your enemy you actually have to get to break the tether, so its certainly not just one dodgeroll away or a cc and run away if the enemy is somewhat competent.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks cool
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to see an explanation from them as to why they are doing what they are doing and the logic behind their decisions
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it should get nerfed, right after all venom dot procs, explosive rebuke and frenzied momentum combo etc.

jt9m4vqnjytc.gif

Edit:
    Credits for gif to @BohnT2
    Edited by Mayrael on October 15, 2020 8:14AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭

This item needs to be deleted from the game. A no cost proc? are you for real zos? Heres a free skill.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh you pvp? oh you want to keep up with the meta? well you’ll need to buy our dlc then :#
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I hate this set 😂 if it was less buggy, could be purged and had a shorter range I wouldn't mind the rest 👍
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the perfected version of the set but after using it for a while I took it off not because it was weak, but because I felt so dirty while using it. Turning a debuff tool into a terrifying beam of death that's incredibly hard to break free from is not the way to go ZOS.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spitballing some ideas here:

1) Change the beam to a random DoT of one of the Destruction aspects (Fire, Frost, Shock) that can be purged.

2) With elemental resistances making a comeback, have the effect be a unique debuff which greatly reduces resistances to Fire, Frost, and Shock.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was buffed because it was quite weak as a PvE option.

The counter to this is pretty straightforward in PvP. It's a tether so simply CC the caster and escape the 15 meter tether range. Not rocket science. This is not a proc effect that sticks with you and it obviously is not burst. If someone is dying to this it then it seems like a "L2P" issue to me.

Well L2P or not you can have 4 of them active on you at the same time. Good luck breaking all 4 tethers when your enemies are in different places. Also even stam characters run it backbar. That only shows how op it is. I think you should try running a bg once in a while to see how obertuned and overused this item is.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im tired of the everlasting proccmeta. Ok so fine, proccs dont seem to be going away anytime soon, but whyyyy make them sooo much better and stronger then anything else...just bleh.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This item needs to be deleted from the game. A no cost proc? are you for real zos? Heres a free skill.
    As opposed to the 'cost' on the other 329 proc sets, other than wearing them?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer BRP staff.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I hate this set 😂 if it was less buggy, could be purged and had a shorter range I wouldn't mind the rest 👍
    I presume the debuffs are purgeable but the tether damage is not?

You can purge it but it can be reapplied every 10 sec. Purging it breaks the beam, as does cloak.

Since so

The counter to this is pretty straightforward in PvP. It's a tether so simply CC the caster and escape the 15 meter tether range. Not rocket science. This is not a proc effect that sticks with you and it obviously is not burst. If someone is dying to this it then it seems like a "L2P" issue to me.

If you are forced to stun and run away every 10 sec this set is doing a great job already.

Honestly its op they should shorten the range and it should be easier to break when line of sighting (sometimes it just goes through pillars for 3 solid secs... lag?)

But on the other hand master dual wield etc are on a similar level.
    Yes this staff is op but its only one of many op proc sets, if nerfed please nerf stam counterparts as well.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the BRP staff is indeed superior in almost all cases.
    Elo106 wrote: »

You can purge it but it can be reapplied every 10 sec. Purging it breaks the beam, as does cloak.
    No, @FrancisCrawford was correct; the debuffs from Weakness to Elements and its morphs can be purged, but the tether from the Vateshran Destruction Staff cannot be.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Since so

If you are forced to stun and run away every 10 sec this set is doing a great job already.

Honestly its op they should shorten the range and it should be easier to break when line of sighting (sometimes it just goes through pillars for 3 solid secs... lag?)

But on the other hand master dual wield etc are on a similar level.
    Yes this staff is op but its only one of many op proc sets, if nerfed please nerf stam counterparts as well.

How is master dw a proc set? It just increases the damage of a skill, like the BRP staff for example.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I would say that the BRP staff is indeed superior in almost all cases.

No, @FrancisCrawford was correct; the debuffs from Weakness to Elements and its morphs can be purged, but the tether from the Vateshran Destruction Staff cannot be.

I was gonna say... I have never been able to purge wrath of elements.
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Ever heard of LOS?
    Videos and that gif are nothing, dude standing straight in open field and taking whole tether damage instead of going LOS

Make it dot? to be able to purge? really? you think every class has a purge?
    (no one will consider 8k mag cost purge from alliance war skill line)

Just did good with buff it up, im all against proc builds in pvp but as long they will keep them alive in pvp the more proc builds mage can get then better.

You are already given to dodge roll a lof of abilities by simply spamming roll roll roll and desync gives you gap to survive insanely, not to mention you can cast ability and roll straight making damage and creating survive window for yourself.

Apart of PVP, that tether was more weak compare to vMA staffs in terms of PVE

Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even purge this cheese either.

Whats wrong with counterplay?
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DonGodJoe wrote: »
    Ever heard of LOS?
    Videos and that gif are nothing, dude standing straight in open field and taking whole tether damage instead of going LOS

Make it dot? to be able to purge? really? you think every class has a purge?
    (no one will consider 8k mag cost purge from alliance war skill line)

Just did good with buff it up, im all against proc builds in pvp but as long they will keep them alive in pvp the more proc builds mage can get then better.

You are already given to dodge roll a lof of abilities by simply spamming roll roll roll and desync gives you gap to survive insanely, not to mention you can cast ability and roll straight making damage and creating survive window for yourself.

Apart of PVP, that tether was more weak compare to vMA staffs in terms of PVE

If you are not joking, then you either just have not played a lot against / with that staff or you dont want it to get nerfed cause its such a carry.
    But otherwise you should know that it is pretty much impossible to LOS that beam.
    Its still after you even when you stand behind a wall for like 3 secs.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vateshran 2h + Explosive rebuke still the most broken combo. Wrath of elements is at least spread across 10s time while these 2 bad boys can fire for 15k in pvp (before malacath) instantly just for heavy attacking.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Vateshran 2h + Explosive rebuke still the most broken combo. Wrath of elements is at least spread across 10s time while these 2 bad boys can fire for 15k in pvp (before malacath) instantly just for heavy attacking.

I'm not sure those compare at all.

One 5 piece set + one vateshran weapon vs one weapon and slotting one skill
    Casting a buff, 5 stamina abilities, blocking an attack and then landing a heavy attack vs casting 1 free skill
    One takes almost as much time to charge as the dot on the other lasts.
    One you micromanage stacks, timers, etc. the other you just cast and stay in range.

Hats off to people who pull off Vate 2H/explosive rebuke. They worked for it. Wrath of Elements is easy mode.

And then you run into the dude using both....and Zaan
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Casting a buff, 5 stamina abilities, blocking an attack and then landing a heavy attack vs casting 1 free skill
    One you micromanage stacks, timers, etc. the other you just cast and stay in range.

Hats off to people who pull off Vate 2H/explosive rebuke. They worked for it. Wrath of Elements is easy mode.

Vateshran 2h + Explosive Rebuke vs Vateshran Destruction Staff is indeed the wrong comparison to make. Instead, we should simply look at the 2h vs the Staff, and I think the 2h is clearly superior in almost all cases for PvP. You can build stacks at any point that the game considers you to be in combat (which is probably >= 95% of any given Battleground that I play), and the "proc" can be triggered by a split-second medium attack. This allows it to be layered on top of already potent burst combos, and come with a built-in stun that's off the global cooldown, thanks to Dizzying Swing (or dodge roll in CP-enabled PvP).

The 2h also cannot be countered by briefly gaining LOS, > 15m range, or cloaking. And it's far less susceptible to being wasted by pets (including Engine Guardians), or other players body blocking for your intended target.

While I certainly don't want to say that the Vateshran Destruction Staff is bad, because it isn't, I don't think it's quite what some people make it out to be...especially when some of those same players asking for it to be nerfed are happily running the 2h and acting as though everything's peachy when they 1-shot people with a burst combo.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hexnotic wrote: »
    oh you pvp? oh you want to keep up with the meta? well you’ll need to buy our dlc then :#

That is exacly how pay to win MMOs work. You can't win? Buy the latest win! No pay no win.

New item sets should encourage horizontal progression over vertical progression. I love the new logic of ZoS.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

Vateshran 2h + Explosive Rebuke vs Vateshran Destruction Staff is indeed the wrong comparison to make. Instead, we should simply look at the 2h vs the Staff, and I think the 2h is clearly superior in almost all cases for PvP.

I can see that. My personal opinion vate 2h / Explosive takes enough effort that I don' t really think of it in the same category as the passive proc sets like Crimson. Vate Destro is a pet peeve of mine. I can line of sight my own tethers with my necro, but I can't LOS this? Really?

• robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got buffed by 10%, probably due to overal proc damage loss from CP modifiers. So it should roughly stay the same in power as it is now. Don't forget everybody got innate damage reduction. ZoS just need to fix the LoS.
    Better to buff this by 10% than crimson.