The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Slimecraw with proposed changes

Jman100582
Jman100582
✭✭✭✭
Really? a monster set that only gives 5% dmg? This set will be completely worthless next patch. 1 kena 1 balorgh will give more or less the same dps, but also give increased healing

An easy fix would be just to buff it up to major berserk. 10% at all times is fair, it's equal to 5 pieces like essence thief and other dmg sets. Ever since they started trying to standardize monster sets with 5 piece sets some have been left in the dust and just ignored. Sets such as slimecraw, grundwulf, spawn of mephala, and swarm mother haven't been well standardized.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jman100582 wrote: »
    Really? a monster set that only gives 5% dmg? This set will be completely worthless next patch. 1 kena 1 balorgh will give more or less the same dps, but also give increased healing

An easy fix would be just to buff it up to major berserk. 10% at all times is fair, it's equal to 5 pieces like essence thief and other dmg sets. Ever since they started trying to standardize monster sets with 5 piece sets some have been left in the dust and just ignored. Sets such as slimecraw, grundwulf, spawn of mephala, and swarm mother haven't been well standardized.

They have also said that sets that provide major/minor buffs should have something extra, since you can get these buffs from elsewhere.
    And sure enough Mighty Chudan has 1.2k hp on the 2pc AND major resolve.
    Slimecraw?Bapkiss.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Slimecraw went from one of my favorite sets to decon fodder in 1 patch.

As it stands right now on the PTS, 1x Domihaus and 1x Swarm Mother does more damage than Slimecraw and gives you over 2k+ mag and 2k+ stam at the cost of 833 crit (even less once they inevitably nerf the 1pc to 657.) For most people that's a no-brainer.

+10% damage (which is probably closer to ~8% based on the actual numbers Minor Berserk used to give you) would put Slimecraw more in line with Balorgh. Weaker in some cases, stronger in others.

TL;DR: I think it would be a good idea, so I doubt it's going to happen.
    Edited by Langeston on October 6, 2020 7:02PM
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    If major berserrk is to Much... 5% damage as unique buff (can stack with minor berserk) ?
    Edited by Rebiludo on October 6, 2020 7:44PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Camo-hunter facing the same nerf.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aw. gonna miss slimecraw.

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed, dead set
  • Lord_Nikon
    Lord_Nikon
    ✭✭✭
    Man.. I hope they address this.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be yet another nerf for Nightblade as far as I'm concerned, which is extremely dissapointing.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least we have the new reconstruction system so we can safely decon them all until it gets buffed without wasting inventory slots. :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Camo-hunter facing the same nerf.

At least camo has other boons and get's +2% crit.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly needs buffs. Hopefully they'll fix the oversight. This is one of the most accessible monster sets, and valuable only when you're not in a group organized enough to run Combat Prayer. So nerfing it to uselessness would be unfriendly to newer players.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rebiludo wrote: »
    If major berserrk is to Much... 5% damage as unique buff (can stack with minor berserk) ?

This would do it.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major Berserk is definitely too much since it would stack with Minor Berserk. Compared to Slimecraw with old Minor Bersek, givin it Major Berserk would result in +2% damage in groups without prayer and +7% damage in groups with prayer.
    Rebiludo wrote: »

5% unique damage buff sounds good but the thing is that Slimecraw was supposed to be useful when you didn't have access to Minor Berserk (seriously, there aren't many useful sources) and giving it a unique buff would shift it's main purpose.
    Additional set bonus like stamina, weapon damage or critical is what will ZoS most likely do. I would rather give it unique additional set bonus +3% damage done. Relative power of Slimecraw wouldn't change that way and the main purpose will be saved. But I seriously doubt about that, because that would break the almighty standardization sheet.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will probably remain a victim of ongoing standardisation, a shame indeed.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give it a straight 8% unnamed buff.

Same thing they did with Ironblood.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp, 6.2.3 has no changes to Slimecraw so looks like it will be useless until sometime next year.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Slimecraw is already outperforming other monstersets today IF there is no source or minor berserk. So a unique 8% buff would make it BiS on spot. A unique 5% however should be balanced
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    Ending up with just a 5% buff will kill this set. I don't think that it especially outperforms other sets as it is.

If ZOS is trying to balance and standardize buffs/debuffs then hopefully they have spotted that this will affect some sets where the bonus refers to a specific buff.

Also: I haven't been playing ESO as long as others no doubt but I am already getting a bit frustrated with the changes they keep making to sets. If this change to Slimecraw goes through then this will be the third set that I will have to re-grind/replace because of the changes ZOS is making.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slimecraw is already outperforming other monstersets today IF there is no source or minor berserk. So a unique 8% buff would make it BiS on spot. A unique 5% however should be balanced

Slimecraw is supposed to be replacement for Minor Berserk. Your proposal change its purpose to be stacked with Minor Berserk.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gylzyn wrote: »
    Ending up with just a 5% buff will kill this set. I don't think that it especially outperforms other sets as it is.

If ZOS is trying to balance and standardize buffs/debuffs then hopefully they have spotted that this will affect some sets where the bonus refers to a specific buff.

Also: I haven't been playing ESO as long as others no doubt but I am already getting a bit frustrated with the changes they keep making to sets. If this change to Slimecraw goes through then this will be the third set that I will have to re-grind/replace because of the changes ZOS is making.

welcome to ESO where we grind gear each patch because things change its been 6 years now its nothing new to any of us old players reason our bank and bag and ults are full of old junk gear we're all hoping some day might be worth using again
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the new rings giving proc sets high damage they are trying to keep the damage of monster sets that gives buffs low so as to not over power each other when put together in an full build to get players to get new ring but once next hot item comes out ring well get nurfed to the ground and monster sets that once was useful well still be left as trash in an sticker book
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should add weapon and spell dmg to the 2pc
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS is trying to balance and standardize buffs/debuffs...

They are not trying to balance or standardize...they are trying to reduce damage done and increase damage taken. They took at hammer to major/minors because it is the easiest way to do that. It puts every set bonus, class/weapon passive, cp bonus completely out of whack, but what the hey.

How that benefits "unoptimized groups" and punishes "optimized groups" is beyond me. The content, which was scaled to the pre-nerf capabilities, stays the same. So it will just be harder for unoptimized groups, period, with no way to become "optimized".

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    If ZOS is trying to balance and standardize buffs/debuffs...

They are not trying to balance or standardize...they are trying to reduce damage done and increase damage taken. They took at hammer to major/minors because it is the easiest way to do that. It puts every set bonus, class/weapon passive, cp bonus completely out of whack, but what the hey.

How that benefits "unoptimized groups" and punishes "optimized groups" is beyond me. The content, which was scaled to the pre-nerf capabilities, stays the same. So it will just be harder for unoptimized groups, period, with no way to become "optimized".

If anything in an optimized group everyone would get their berserk from the healer or camo hunter.
    Also mighty chudan gives 1.2k hp as well as resolve on the 2pc, which is in line with what they said about sets providing major/minor buffs having something extra.
    Now it's time to give that to slimecraw as well.
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Used to run slimecraw but mentioning the minor berserk nerf zos need to add sd or maybe 1k mag for the wardens bird of prey unless anybody has a better idea, could just bring the advanced species passive back to where it was before giving 3% not 2%extra damage for each animal companion ability slotted
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    they should give slimecraw minor berserk and minor slayer on the 2pc

for a lot of builds it'll still be weak, but for certain builds or situations it would be at least decent.