The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Rebalance buffs/ultimates

Iron_Blurr
Iron_Blurr
✭✭✭✭
A nightblade has access to major protection with bolstering darkness which costs 200 ultimate. Major protection is now a 10% reduction to incoming damage.

A Dragonknight can limit all incoming damage to 3% of max health and grant allies a damage shield worth 100% of their max hp for the same 200 ultimate.

How is this balanced?

I understand the desire to standardize buffs and debuffs but in the context of other abilities which exist in the game these current values are far from balanced.

I think a closer look at all the ultimates in the game is required if true standardization is a goal.

Examples of ultimates that need to be looked at include:
1. All major/minor buff/debuff ultimates
2. Ultimates with a cast time/channel such as soul strike
3. Transformation ultimates such as werewolf/vampire lord.
Edited by Iron_Blurr on October 12, 2020 5:24PM
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, it's not balanced, but keep in mind that the DK ult only applies to self, not a team.

The Major Protection nerf is grossly overdone and not surprised at all given ZOS history. No nerf was needed, but a reasonable change if they thought it absolutely necessary would have been 20%, a 50% nerf, instead of ruining a whole buff class. I suspect someone got beat in PvP, probably the same person who ruined Pirate Skeleton a ways back with its original massive overnerf.

The gigantic nerf to major protection will absolutely KILL NB mitigation tanks and off tanks, given better tanking options in other classes, and NB was already niche tank. Barrier is not a substitute.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changing the major/minor system has jacked balance all over the place. Every single passive, set bonus, CP bonus that was scaled around the original values of major/minors are now out of whack. Every one of them.

It cracks me up that after the multitude of threads about Malacath's and proc sets, that Malacaths is now the single strongest % damage buff in the game.

Note all of the content that was created around the old values has not changed. A gigantic amount of raw mitigation just vanished for tanks. Instead of benefitting "less optimized" groups, it will just push content out of their range.