Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vDSA is way too long - needs token system or save points

CrashTest
CrashTest
✭✭✭✭✭
The average time is 1hr 30 mins-2 hrs. It's not unusual to go 3+ hours. (I know, I know, some people can do it in about an hour, but they are the exception, not the rule.)

The content isn't difficult; it's just tedious to slog through on repeat for a chance to get the weapon you want.

It wouldn't be so bad if you got keys for each run that you could eventually trade in for the weapon you want like the current pledge keys and vault keys. That way, at least all your runs are progressing towards the gear you want which lessens grind burn out.

Or implement some kind of save-progress like vMA. The issue with grouping later with different people who have different save points could be solved by the new group inheriting the group leader's save point.

Or reduce the number of stages and add a skip option to all the waiting between stages and rounds.

Or make the weapons BoE like the rest of the gear drops there.
Edited by CrashTest on October 12, 2020 5:09AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feelings about making the weapons BoE are similar to those of a professor I had who was upset students these days don't have to read 500 pages a night

I would tell you how long my last run took but I don't want to publicly humiliate my teammates, let's just say I was starving by the end of it
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    but you will get set item collections (sticker book) in new patch.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    but you will get set item collections (sticker book) in new patch.

Collections won't help if the piece won't drop even once.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowing how long is arena and how difficult is last boss I don't have any motivation to go there. I can lost 2 hours just to see that last boss is to hard for my team. I can be kicked on last stage just to give arena weapon for others friend (if I try with people which I don't know).

Even normal difficulty is naghtmare beacuse it's so long and boring to wait for all these mobs spawns. I really hate that arena and I don't understand why ZOS don't make any adjustments to make this more friendly and fun... Torturing people with long, boring and exhausting content is not good recipe for great game :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has run vDSA starting when it was first released, I never thought it was to long. It was, and probably still is, the best small group content in the game. It is also not that difficult now, especially the final boss since the tank now just pulls the adds away while the healer tanks the boss himself.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DSA can be shorter if they just decreased talk time. Man there is a lot of dead time in DSA. Everytime I run it now even if its just an hour or less it feels like forever.

Compared to VMA/BRP arena it is technically the longest.
    Edited by karekiz on October 12, 2020 3:14PM
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feelings about making the weapons BoE are similar to those of a professor I had who was upset students these days don't have to read 500 pages a night

I used to be against BoE (not just for DSA, for all content) until grind burn out kicked in, and I stopped playing the game. It simply is not fun to replay content you've done so many times then never get the drop you're after or have progress towards said drop.

There's very little difference between BoE and buying/selling a carry.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »

Only Powerful Assault shields / lightning staves come close to the cost of a carry, but true, if we could sell these vDSA weapons for a cool 1 mill each I would probably run it all the time.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only Powerful Assault shields / lightning staves come close to the cost of a carry, but true, if we could sell these vDSA weapons for a cool 1 mill each I would probably run it all the time.

I meant the outcome of BoE - as in either way, selling carries or selling BoE weapons, someone still has to run the content and someone else buys. Someone sells their loot to someone else.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or implement some kind of save-progress like vMA. The issue with grouping later with different people who have different save points could be solved by the new group inheriting the group leader's save point.

Such a system would never satisfy all players. Some players won't want to skip content. Others wouldn't want to inherit the score from another's run. The difficulty in syncing players for group content is one of the reasons Craglorn was redesigned to a mostly solo zone.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Such a system would never satisfy all players. Some players won't want to skip content. Others wouldn't want to inherit the score from another's run. The difficulty in syncing players for group content is one of the reasons Craglorn was redesigned to a mostly solo zone.

Good point. I forgot all about the leaderboard.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree it is very, very long. And it is hard to get a non-guild group to run it. But I am not in favor of making it easier, and I don't think a save point system would make it better. In fact, I think it could make it worse as some levels are definite bottlenecks for some players.

I suppose you could do something like a dungeon finder queue so you could replace someone who dropped out (or got kicked). But other than that, I think its one of those things we have to live with.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is very, very long. And it is hard to get a non-guild group to run it. But I am not in favor of making it easier, and I don't think a save point system would make it better. In fact, I think it could make it worse as some levels are definite bottlenecks for some players.

Yep, I don't want it to be easier. Just shorter - maybe half as long or less rounds per stage.
    Edited by CrashTest on October 14, 2020 4:42AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, I don't want it to be easier. Just shorter - maybe half as long or less rounds per stage.

Not a bad idea. Or if they keep it the same length, improve the weapon drops. Right now, I have everything I need out of VDSA. Other than helping out a friend or guildie, there is zero incentive for me to go back in there
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not a bad idea. Or if they keep it the same length, improve the weapon drops. Right now, I have everything I need out of VDSA. Other than helping out a friend or guildie, there is zero incentive for me to go back in there

Buffing the weapons and making us regrind them every patch sounds like a terrible idea to me. All that I'd like to see done is not make us wait to start a round until after the dialog is finished.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no difficulty running it, but it's just so tedious. I catch myself counting down how many rounds are left every time I run it. It just feels like doing homework.
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Buffing the weapons and making us regrind them every patch sounds like a terrible idea to me. All that I'd like to see done is not make us wait to start a round until after the dialog is finished.

Oh, that is a much better suggestion.

And yeah, I'm not asking to regrind as they have already done with VDSA and VMA. Just saying that the place can be so tedious, it takes something other than events to get me to go back in there
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both DSA and MA could really do with fewer random add rounds. So. Much. Mind. Numbing. Downtime.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both DSA and MA could really do with fewer random add rounds. So. Much. Mind. Numbing. Downtime.

Omg this
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Margha_Ralmoren
    Margha_Ralmoren
    ✭✭✭
    The marsh, the slave pit and the grove could be deleted and no interesting mechanics would be lost. Even the crypt stage is meh, espacially before the final boss. The circle of rituals should be before the last boss IMO since it's the hardest one.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less blah blah blah from Boethiah and Hiath. Less downtime between add spawns. That would go a long way. I think the actual time spent in combat is not too excessive.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love vDSA... It is my favorite content in the game (though it has become a little too easy recently), but I do agree it is long.

If they only decreased the introductions and talking and made mobs spawn faster, it would help a lot.

My group found that, in a 1:20 run, we spent about 15-20 minutes just waiting for the talking and the stuff to actually start spawning.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, as are is fine and nice....this is just to boring to long for waiting for all dialogs and spawn of mobs as for current power creep of game and old content of this

we could also get option to spawn all mobs from stage at once for expl players because how easy old it is

this is the only content for me at which Im starting sleeping even when Im in mid day and well rested....I could use this arena before going to sleep just to get more sleepy and fall asleep faster
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »
    we could also get option to spawn all mobs from stage at once for expl players because how easy old it is

Great idea to speed things up.