The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ultimate outside of combat, prebuff sets, and why adding in-combat only to potion sets is dumb

Kuratius
Kuratius
✭✭✭
The most recent PTS patch added an in-combat requirement to all ultimate gains (or it claims so, anyways).
This is the absolute stupidest nerf possible for sets like arkasis.
It was stupid when they did it to clever alchemist, and it's stupid now.
You will often drink a potion out of combat, and then the set is effectively on cooldown for 30 seconds-45 seconds for no reason whatsoever.
The better solution would be to either
a) add an equipment lockout debuff for 30 seconds (which would also solve the dilemma with other sets like master architect),
b)
remove the buff gained when an equipment piece is changed (this is how power surge works, you lose the buff if you unslot the skill after casting),
or
c)to put a player into combat for 5-10 seconds.

• Arimeris
    Arimeris
    Soul Shriven
    To me, your suggestions sound worse and more convoluted than the current PTS solution.
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    Arimeris wrote: »
    To me, your suggestions sound worse and more convoluted than the current PTS solution.
    They're not necessarily easier to implement, but they result in a better game experience overall.
    Do you really want to have to check if you're in combat yet every time you pop a potion?
    A set potentially being on cooldown for 30-45 seconds with zero benefit it not a good design.

If ZOS does this to arkasis, I imagine they'll do the same thing to master architect eventually, and then you'll be in the same situation.
    They clearly don't want prebuff sets in the game, they've already shown this with clever alchemist because people used it to prebuff for ganking.
    Edited by Kuratius on October 6, 2020 3:09PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they were just looking for ways to make magblades even more unplayable than they already are.