The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customer service refuses to update my country. Please help!

jazbay2
jazbay2
Soul Shriven
I have gone back and forth with customer service for two months now trying to get them to update the country my account is linked to, because I no longer live there and it's tied to billing options so I can't purchase Greymoor or anything else.

All 4 replies were copy-paste:
"After review of your account information, we are not able to make the requested change to the country on your account. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your account security is of the utmost importance to us.."

No explanation, no follow-up, despite the same number of emails +1 from me asking why this is happening, and how to fix it. My first ticket (# 200811-009836) they stopped answering and it expired, so I opened a new ticket (# 200920-009002) and guess what? I got a 5th copy of the same BS answer! And now they've stopped answering me again.

This is more than an "inconvenience", this is a huge problem for a loyal customer who's spent hundreds on the game over the past 5 years. I can't buy Greymoor, I'm missing out on the current event and prizes, I can't buy crown packs or renew my ESO plus subscription. Not only is this *** customer service, it is a *** business plan; TESO is preventing me from spending money on them, and pissing me off in the process.

I also had to apply twice for a forum invitation code, where lots of other people have posted with the same problems with customer service and updating their account. And for the record this is an incredibly stupid system: I should be able to update this basic information myself, and billing country shouldn't be locked; I can't think of a sane reason why they designed it this way, or why they're refusing to help me or all the other people on this forum with the same issue.

• jazbay2
    jazbay2
    Soul Shriven
    Wow speech filter is sensitive, I didn't even use a bad word.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you changed your billing address so that it matches your new residence address, @jazbay2?
  • jazbay2
    jazbay2
    Soul Shriven
    I cannot change either, because the selection for "country" is grayed out. The way it's set up you have to contact customer service and have them change your country for your residence and billing address.