The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

To the front bar bow users.....

HellaAverage
HellaAverage
Soul Shriven
Why? Some of this may sound like flaming and shaming, and perhaps some of it is, but there's also some genuine discovery in trying to attain.

What is fun to you about it? If you're just in pvp to screw around a little bit, then I guess its whatever. but do you not have a single bone if competitive nature in your body? You're literally sniping from stealth half the time, then immediately cloaking again. your only combat is picking off people that are already fighting other people.

How are you not embarrassed with yourselves? What is the mentality you have about that playstyle? I can't wrap my head around it. I would feel so bad at the game.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you dont like us archers, we get it.
    but, Archery is a completely Valid way of fighting, and has been for thousands of years.
    it is very challenging and alot of work involved in maining a bow in eso, and it takes allot of skill to be an archer in eso, and we die very easily if you find us.
    and "no" im not joking, OP asked a question, and i am answering that question as best as possible.
    here as some of the challenges we face in eso as we bow fight in eso pvp:
    there are special challenges that set it apart from hunting with other eso weapons.
    Before attempting to hunt with a bow and arrow, bowhunters first should become proficient archers, which requires dedication, practice, and the development of distance-judging skills in pve.
    Bowhunting is done at a slower and farther range than other weapons in eso. Therefore, it often requires a higher degree of stealth and sheer effort to get into position to make the shot that matters and perfect timing.
    Bowhunters must become adept at scouting and tracking, the perfect enemy and his or her weaknesses, all of which takes perseverance and patience.
    While these challenges may be too great for some, many find that these elements add to the pleasure of hunting. Bowhunting is a unique emotional experience.
    Bowhunters must be able to withstand the insults and mindset that many other players in pve treat us with when we try to attempt using a bow as our main weapon in dungeons.

Along with the special satisfaction that bowhunting offers comes the responsibility to achieve a quick, clean kill. Therefore, it is critical that bowhunters master bowhunting techniques and learn the anatomy and behavior of the game hunted, because bow skills (especially snipe) is very slow and hard to perfect its timing as well as line of sight.

"snipe" itself is not very good damage and it is very slow to launch and use repeatedly.
    snipe itself as well as all the bow skills need to be buffed and damage added as well as made faster.
    it takes a long time to use bow damage alone to kill people in pvp.

and to quote wikipedea:

"Archery is the art, sport, practice, or skill of using a bow to shoot arrows. The word comes from the Latin arcus. Historically, archery has been used for hunting and combat. In modern times, it is mainly a competitive sport and recreational activity. A person who participates in archery is typically called an archer or a bowman, and a person who is fond of or an expert at archery is sometimes called a toxophilite. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

for some of us. "much like the ashlanders in eso and Morrowind" it is a way of life for many Generations.

Bow+and+Arrow-Native+American.jpg

Edited by Gilvoth on September 27, 2020 9:34PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a front bar bow user and I find snipers very annoying.....however, archers are a big part of every fantasy game and they must remain a big part.

Bow is not overpowered and you can very easily counter their play. If you catch them they are normally very vulnerable so their playstyle is just fair in terms of risk/reward.

If you want to talk about in game honour criticise the easy mode unkillable tanks
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it is very challenging and alot of work involved in maining a bow in eso, and it takes allot of skill to be an archer in eso

😂😆😅
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you care? We should be ashamed because we’re not fighting how you prefer us to? Get outta here. The lamest thing i’ve seen is stalling a fight till you get your ultimate burst combo. Talk about dry combat...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread opening with a bit of flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.