The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NA and EU not the same "account?"

Bosco916
Bosco916
✭✭✭
So I made a character on the EU server, only to find out that I didn't have access to any ACCOUNT-WIDE benefits I had purchased while on NA. I understand these are different servers, but it's the same account. Feel me? My one account should have access to the account-wide features I have paid for, no matter what server I'm playing on.
"How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
--The King of Worms
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The servers don't connect. The only thing that can be accessed by both are crowns.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    The servers don't connect. The only thing that can be accessed by both are crowns.

I should have the account-wide things I've paid for...for my account. It shouldn't matter what server it is; it's still one account.
    --The King of Worms
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to NA then.

the crown store and all it includes was added to ESO at a later date than when the game was first made.
    As such, they could not connect NA to EU in a way that would not utterly break the game.
    So since you get 8 free toon slots on your other server side. It was deemed good enough compensation.

Also its simply smart business. If you want the same things on the other side of your server side, you'll have to buy it.
    So you actually pay for the more server space you'll be using.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    One account should have access to account-wide products. Anything less is dishonest.
    --The King of Worms
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosco916 wrote: »
    So I made a character on the EU server, only to find out that I didn't have access to any ACCOUNT-WIDE benefits I had purchased while on NA. I understand these are different servers, but it's the same account. Feel me? My one account should have access to the account-wide features I have paid for, no matter what server I'm playing on.

"Account-wide" is anything that you received or purchased while not logged into the game. This includes ESO+ features, Chapter purchases, linked account promotions such as Twitch crates, and previous offerings on the official site store like the Palomino Horse.

Anything purchased with crowns within the game is server specific.
    signing off
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    So when an item or benefit states that it's "account bound," it s should ACTUALLY read "server-bound" instead.
    --The King of Worms
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get access to ESO+ and purchased chapters. Everything else has to be duplicated.

In that regard they're considered separate accounts.

Funny, though, that you cannot play on both servers at the same time.

It's marketing *** they try to pass off as a database restriction. Nothing more.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    You get access to ESO+ and purchased chapters. Everything else has to be duplicated.

It's marketing *** they try to pass off as a database restriction. Nothing more.

This answer makes the most sense.
    --The King of Worms
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost. You get access to anything redeemed or bought out-of-game. If one checks the billing history on their account, and they have 4 Twitch crates, a Doom Wolf from the TES:Legends promo, Gold Edition DLC, etc - those things are applied to both servers.
    PC-NA Goat
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost. You get access to anything redeemed or bought out-of-game. If one checks the billing history on their account, and they have 4 Twitch crates, a Doom Wolf from the TES:Legends promo, Gold Edition DLC, etc - those things are applied to both servers.

^This. I poke over once in a while in EU just to see if I get anything from the Twitch crates I manage to get.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should have the account-wide things I've paid for...for my account. It shouldn't matter what server it is; it's still one account.

You have what you should have.

The two servers are part of the same account but both servers are independent. Anything you obtain in game is only on that server. If you obtain something outside of the game will be on both servers.
    • Armor is obtained in game, purchase something in the crown store it is bought in game. Both examples will only be on that server.
    • Pre-order bonuses for a chapter are obtained outside of the game, ESO+ is obtained outside of the game. Both will be available on both servers.
    One account should have access to account-wide products. Anything less is dishonest.

It is fine this is your opinion, but it is not really based on anything. Read above for the clarification of how it works, and has been known to work for a long time and it is pretty straight forward.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is actually based on the fact that "account-bound" is misleading.
    --The King of Worms
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is actually based on the fact that "account-bound" is misleading.

Hire an attorney if you believe that is the fact. Otherwise it seems rather moot point.
  • TheOriginalMrT
    they could implement a one time copy of your account wide privs when you first make the eu account. So everything you have on one is just copied over to start yer alt server account.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread, we've gone ahead and closed it down. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this topic, please feel free to create a new, updated thread on the subject.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.