Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Vendor Failure - Finding a Legion Zero Style

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ZoS at least needs to add the ability to search the entire server for sellers of a given item. I spent a fair bit of time going to a bunch of vendors this weekend on the PS4 EU server and could not find the final 4 items I needed.

Anyone who claims the guild vendor system is just great is missing how hard it is to find specific items on consoles, since no addon provides the details.

If you want to have this system, at least make it possible to know which guild vendors to go to. Yeah, they may sell out before you get there, but at least you could look and have some chance of finding the thing you are looking for instead of the complete crap shoot it is now!
PC
PS4/PS5
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check Tamriel Trade Centre website. You ll find everything you need.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play PS4 EU and have found the new search function to be really helpful despite the entire trader system being crap, but today I wanted to look for jewellery trait stones....no option to look for them at all!
    The trader system on PS4 is broken, as you know every guild page is broken where it doesn't even show the weekly trader spot and afaik this has been like that for years, specifically since a certain person glitched the traders.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s not helpful to console.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I also play PS4 EU and have found the new search function to be really helpful despite the entire trader system being crap, but today I wanted to look for jewellery trait stones....no option to look for them at all!
    The trader system on PS4 is broken, as you know every guild page is broken where it doesn't even show the weekly trader spot and afaik this has been like that for years, specifically since a certain person glitched the traders.

Huh? The “none hired” trader display UI bug came about a few weeks ago and has affected PC and all consoles. Still waiting on a fix.

Unless you are talking about something else entirely? I play on PS4 NA, not EU, so I admit not knowing specifics of your server.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s not helpful to console.

You re right.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on September 15, 2020 11:30PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a bulletin board in the main city of each zone that allows you to search for items in that zone. It would not tell you prices of those items only where they are located. You would not be able to buy the item at the boards location. If you want something in a hurry you just go to the most convenient trader. If you want to look for a bargain you would need to visit every trader that has the item.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do GREAT sales-wise on XBOX NA - but, yes - it does require a lot of load-screen price checks to blast my items out in under an hour. Time consuming - but I make it worth it.

S.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I would like to see a bulletin board in the main city of each zone that allows you to search for items in that zone. It would not tell you prices of those items only where they are located. You would not be able to buy the item at the boards location. If you want something in a hurry you just go to the most convenient trader. If you want to look for a bargain you would need to visit every trader that has the item.

Why not show the prices?
    I do GREAT sales-wise on XBOX NA - but, yes - it does require a lot of load-screen price checks to blast my items out in under an hour. Time consuming - but I make it worth it.

Glad you make it work, but we should not have to wrestle against the system to make things work! The system should enable play in as many areas as possible, not make it harder and more time consuming for no practical gain.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I noted I am on the PS4 in the OP. TTC is useless there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the website has a Playstation option or are you saying as a console user you don't have access to the internet?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the website has a Playstation option or are you saying as a console user you don't have access to the internet?

It is useless for console because we do not have a feed to it via mods like PC does. That is how you folks actually get information to TTC. People on consoles have to manually input info in there, which obviously almost nobody actually does, so while it exists, it is utterly useless for PS4/XBox.

Cool attitude, though.

Seriously, go pull up TTC and select PS4 NA and tell me what mundane runes are going for. Or rosin. Or temps. I'll wait.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is useless for console because we do not have a feed to it via mods like PC does. That is how you folks actually get information to TTC. People on consoles have to manually input info in there, which obviously almost nobody actually does, so while it exists, it is utterly useless for PS4/XBox.

Cool attitude, though.

Seriously, go pull up TTC and select PS4 NA and tell me what mundane runes are going for. Or rosin. Or temps. I'll wait.

Oh I see, didn't know that, I just assumed TTC pulled the info from the server somehow. I'm pretty sure not everyone on PC runs a TTC mod so have no idea how that all works, I assume it just needs a few people running it?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cool attitude, though.

Oh I see, didn't know that, I just assumed TTC pulled the info from the server somehow. I'm pretty sure not everyone on PC runs a TTC mod so have no idea how that all works, I assume it just needs a few people running it?

From my understanding, Master Merchant mod or whatever it's called that a lot of the PC GMs use and I think encourage their folks to use pulls all sorts of data for them, like people can personally track their sales and the GMs can see people's sales collated. And all that info feeds to TTC as far as what people have listed in stores for what prices.

I don't know the finer details since I'm not on PC and don't have a breadth of mod knowledge, but that's the overview I have grasped simply from reading a lot of guild trader threads here and whatnot. So, it seems enough people are using mods that feed info to TTC to populate it quickly and easily with information. Versus what is, for console, literally a manual process and so 99% of people are literally never going to do that, so TTC is never gonna have that kind of nice quick price check for console like it does for PC.

Example: all the Discord price bots are PC prices because the info fed to them is from TTC. That also tends to trend a little cheaper than market prices you see on console going from trader to trader to check and get an average feel on pricing, so we always remind our folks who are using the Discord price bots that it is PC prices only, not PS4 prices, etc. Because as you saw, there's not a whole lotta console pricing actually listed in the console portions of TTC. LOL

Those kind of merchant mods are also how our guild trader GMs are able to set, say, a weekly sales minimum for folks to meet. Whereas on console, we cannot easily see how much per week User A sold and User B sold and whatnot, so many of the trader guilds (and basically all the ones who hold capitals every week) charge members a weekly due instead. Because there's no way to set sales requirements without that kind of info, which can only be obtained via mods and so only a PC thing.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TTC pulls its prices through the use of the complementary TTC app that needs to be run alongside ESO.
    And while not everyone uses it, that's not necessary. When you use a guild store, this app updates the data of items you put up for sale and sends them to the website (when you log out or /reoadui). Additionally, you can let the app scan the entire guild store so all the items on it get listed on the website. Some guild masters or members of trading guilds (or maybe even most, don't know) scan their guild store regularly, esp. after trader swap, so the items can be found on TTC.
    MasterMerchant/Arkadiusz don't feed into TTC, afaik.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is no addon to feed data into TTC for console. That means very little data will be there. And what is there might not be accurate.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    TTC pulls its prices through the use of the complementary TTC app that needs to be run alongside ESO.
    And while not everyone uses it, that's not necessary. When you use a guild store, this app updates the data of items you put up for sale and sends them to the website (when you log out or /reoadui). Additionally, you can let the app scan the entire guild store so all the items on it get listed on the website. Some guild masters or members of trading guilds (or maybe even most, don't know) scan their guild store regularly, esp. after trader swap, so the items can be found on TTC.

So, TTC has an app on PC? I am presuming?

(Which I still imagine is not available or applicable to console users?)
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU here and I also wish there was a way to check this centrally somewhere, even just for reference (still have to travel to the guild trader). Nothing feels like a bigger waste of time than travelling literally all over Tamriel only to discover the item isn't listed anywhere or is extortionately priced.

May also reduce my likelihood of finding certain items that are dramatically underpriced for flipping and is also a rewarding feeling finally finding (alliteration bonus)the item < just as a bit of a silver lining to cope with the system as it currently is.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, TTC has an app on PC? I am presuming?

(Which I still imagine is not available or applicable to console users?)

Exactly. It has an in-game add-on that tells you the prices listed on the website when you look at an item. And it has a separate app that needs to be run alongside the game that is responsible for pulling data from the game and entering it on the website.
    And no, I don't think you can run random apps on a console.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not show the prices?

There are a lot of players that think the best part of the game is the trading system. Trading is the end game for them. Looking for items to flip in a part of that game. They put time into being good at it just like trial players do trying to get on the leader board. Showing prices would take away that aspect of the game. Making players go to each vendor to look at the prices I think would be a good compromise. Players just wanting an item without concern of price can go buy it at the most convenient trader that has it. Players that want a bargain are going to have to put some effort into finding that good price.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can access Tamriel Trade Centre from your phone, iPad, computer screen....it's not strictly an add-on for PC.

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

I search TTC for everything I need on my phone while I play ESO on PC, instead of using an add-on.

You can search PC, Xbox,and PlayStation on there for both NA and EU! 😁👍
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on September 18, 2020 3:06AM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I don't think there is an easy solution for ps4 item search...

you can use the key word query, but, you're still stuck visiting all the capital cities and another handful of decent trading cities...

hard to even imagine all the hours I've spent trying to find very specific gear...loading in and out of zones, going to each and every trader...

I think I got a couple of extra pages on the EU server...what pages are you looking for flopsy?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I use MM only but use the TTC web side for finding rarer stuff.

And as other say prices are lower on pc as prices are much easier to compare who drives down prices for the most part.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can access Tamriel Trade Centre from your phone, iPad, computer screen....it's not strictly an add-on for PC.

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

I search TTC for everything I need on my phone while I play ESO on PC, instead of using an add-on.

You can search PC, Xbox,and PlayStation on there for both NA and EU! 😁👍

But, again, the issue for Playstation and XBox is that barely any of OUR prices are on there. Because without being able to run an app on our console, there is no way for our prices to be pulled into TTC. Some random console player has to actually take the time to manually enter those in and almost nobody is going to do that. Therefore, TTC is 99% useless to console.

I'm not sure why this concept is hard to understand for folks. Again, I invite you to actually - with your own eyes - pull up PS4 NA prices on TTC and tell me just how many say "1 entry" or "0 entries". Then tell me how wonderfully useful this is to console.

I mean, sure, I can search the woods in my backyard for a unicorn. But with no unicorn there, it's a pretty fruitless and pointless search. But hooray, I can search it! :|
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On console if I need something I go to traders on alliance's capitals n zone's major cities. You never know if you will find what you are looking for or not... Can be really annoying/frustrating.
    TTC on console, as others said, only works if players input the data manually... Besides that, not everyone is aware of the existence of TTC.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why not show the prices?

There are a lot of players that think the best part of the game is the trading system. Trading is the end game for them. Looking for items to flip in a part of that game. They put time into being good at it just like trial players do trying to get on the leader board. Showing prices would take away that aspect of the game. Making players go to each vendor to look at the prices I think would be a good compromise. Players just wanting an item without concern of price can go buy it at the most convenient trader that has it. Players that want a bargain are going to have to put some effort into finding that good price.

All 100 of them?

Make in inconvenient for everyone else so they can exploit the system?

You still have not made a case for hiding the prices. Yeah, it would be harder to make lots of money flipping, but so what? I just want to find gear, patterns, etc. That is more important than the "lots" you mention. I would confidently assert that more would prefer to be able to find things they want and to price stuff competitively.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not show the prices?

All 100 of them?

Make in inconvenient for everyone else so they can exploit the system?

You still have not made a case for hiding the prices. Yeah, it would be harder to make lots of money flipping, but so what? I just want to find gear, patterns, etc. That is more important than the "lots" you mention. I would confidently assert that more would prefer to be able to find things they want and to price stuff competitively.

If you can search globally and see the prices, then what's the difference between that and a global marketplace?

If you just want to buy something at whatever price and you can see that it's available in zones X, Y and Z, you can go there and decide if the price is what you are willing to pay.

Personally, if I'm committed to finding something specific, I just go to each zone until I find it at a price I think is reasonable. Or I go get the thing myself (which I understand is not possible with the styles you are searching for, since the event is over).
    The Moot Councillor
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    If you can search globally and see the prices, then what's the difference between that and a global marketplace?

I am one who likes that, but this would not be that. I would still need to travel to where the guild vendor was to buy the item. That would keep the current system in place, just allow everyone to find things, not just some on the PC with a special add-on.

PC
    PS4/PS5