The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is anyone actually using Overload?

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious. I'm talking for end game play, PvP or decent PvE?

Anyone?

It was always a niche skill but had 50% more power, 50% more ultimate charge and a 3rd bar.

I ran it for years, godsend in vMA and a hoot in PvP with the right setup.

Sure heavy attacks are a bit naughty with right setup but I can't recall the last time I saw it in use in PvP?

As a gank tool with crystal blast it was a hoot. But it's just next to use RN
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach

Best Answers

• Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty useless right now. Add back the 3rd bar and it'd be OK.
    Answer ✓
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one guy use it against me in Cyrodiil last night. It tickled.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Answer ✓
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalcolM uses it in PVP and not Meteor, basically allows him to burst people down for cheap. If you're used to kiting and exploiting very tight windows of opportunity it makes sense to use it since you'll have ult left after the kill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTBYxHOhg0
    Edited by Recapitated on September 16, 2020 3:51AM
    Answer ✓
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not used in endgame PVE in any group I've been in. And outside the niche crystal blast / overload LA gank in pvp it was really only used for access to a third bar due to sorc bar space being tight. I'm sure you can run around all Palpatine style in overland though and have a blast.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer is no. If you want to try and make it work on trash pulls you might be able to figure something out, but you'll be throwing away better options.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers both, I'm not trying to make it work, I ran it years. Its useless in current form.

I'm more trying to confirm that publically as it's a wasted Ultimate right now I think and wanted everyone's views

I guess as you say new players might use for fun on overland trash, it's just an utterly wasted skill overwise.

Even the 3rd bar would make it better, but right now it's weak as hell..

The fun times I had as Emperor on spinners, Queens elegance and slime or Kena one banging people haha. Actually chasing folks sith style is kinda funny .
    What a bizarre change by ZOS to kill an ultimate
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Overload third bar :( It really made the Sorc a more complex playstyle. I miss it.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    RIP Overload third bar :( It really made the Sorc a more complex playstyle. I miss it.

Me too and I don't like playing as sorc. It was so fun having three bars.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't currently use it myself, but Energy Overload is decent for restoring magicka.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen it used a lot in no cp. hits for 3-4k
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In its prime when it provided way more shots and gave a third bar I found the skill too clunky and, after trying it, rejected it. I expect the numerous nerfs it has sustained would not somehow now enamor me to the skill. Lol.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP, absolutely. Bursty magsorcs in IC/Cyrodiil who hit you with Haunting Curse and Mage's Fury, then slam you with a Crystal Frag proc and Overload right when Haunting Curse goes off. It's a pretty deadly build when combined with Streak, high shields, and high magicka recovery.

On most other sorc builds, it's too easy to dodge, and the fact that you can't gain ult while it's active really hampers it. Maybe if they just halved ult gain instead?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never take it off my bar in PvP anymore
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not used in endgame PVE in any group I've been in. And outside the niche crystal blast / overload LA gank in pvp it was really only used for access to a third bar due to sorc bar space being tight. I'm sure you can run around all Palpatine style in overland though and have a blast.

I thought the removed the third Overlaod bar a while ago.

Edit: Just tested and confirmed Overload doesn't give access to the third bar anymore.
    Edited by BigBragg on September 16, 2020 12:44AM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always use fully evolved overload, especially on my Turian. I usually take chain/neural shock/shield damage and use incendiary ammo for the pretty pretty explosions.

Wait, this isn't the ME3MP forum, is it?

Nevermind.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can use it in PvE to dump some ulti if you have 500 saved and end with the atro. But that's a super rare occurence. So no, no Overload in PvE.
    In PvP, however, it's a really strong pressure tool. Bit wonky to use, but not many people can handle the noticeably increased incoming damage well.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

I thought the removed the third Overlaod bar a while ago.

Edit: Just tested and confirmed Overload doesn't give access to the third bar anymore.

Yeah, I know. I was essentially pointing out that's how long the skill's been bad. Once they nerfed the damage and tweaked some things to not buff it anymore it was mostly used just for having a third bar. Once they removed that, the skill was just not worth it. Both the atro (Major Berserk) and negate offer far more than overload does.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is on my death recaps all the time in pvp, be it battlegrounds or open world, and esp in IC this event.
    Edited by Hexquisite on September 16, 2020 1:33AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a long time since I used it in PvE or noticed anybody else use it.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also lots of sorc use it in duels for extra pressure. Hits for Like 5k +
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see it pretty often in PvP. Adds a lot of pressure combined with other skills like curse and fury.
    EU PC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In its prime when it provided way more shots and gave a third bar I found the skill too clunky and, after trying it, rejected it. I expect the numerous nerfs it has sustained would not somehow now enamor me to the skill. Lol.

Spot on @AcadianPaladin that's exactly it, it was twice as power full and had twice as many shots and you could recharge your magika fully YET no one ran it en mass.

It was a weopon for vMA for sure. But PvP the balls were obvious and slow..

So even when it had pew pew folks didn't use it yet it's been given nerfs on nerfs on nerfs it seems in a quest to give sorc a spammable

@ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_BrianWheeler can Overload have some love pls?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalcolM uses it in PVP and not Meteor, basically allows him to burst people down for cheap. If you're used to kiting and exploiting very tight windows of opportunity it makes sense to use it since you'll have ult left after the kill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTBYxHOhg0

Now that's interesting to hear, as Malcolm is God mode, that's given me some videos to watch! Does he use with Psjics to buff it?

I also struggle with the new style of toggle as in combat with bar swaps on console anyway it's kinda ugly but I'm Intruiged now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Runaerian
    Runaerian
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been playing ESO for a few months and have always used overload in PvE. Can someone explain to me why it's not considered a good skill? It seems pretty useful to me for burning down a single target or aoeing packs. I find the destruction ultimate hard to use as it's a stationary effect and mobs often move out from under it. Am I not understanding something?

Also what's this about a third bar?

• Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    Runaerian wrote: »
    I've only been playing ESO for a few months and have always used overload in PvE. Can someone explain to me why it's not considered a good skill? It seems pretty useful to me for burning down a single target or aoeing packs. I find the destruction ultimate hard to use as it's a stationary effect and mobs often move out from under it. Am I not understanding something?

Not enough dps, but I saw some 90k+ dps parses recently that used it, I think. In my own parses, I couldn’t use overload though. It’s better to use Storm Atronach. If you’re having fun with overload in overland, feel free to use it. I like using overload in public dungeons sometimes. But when it comes to high CP, for single target, force pulse/crushing shock or elemental weapon will work with one or two casts, and packs of mobs can be dealt with by spamming unstable wall (if you’re lazy) or combine it with mystic orb. Destro ult will also kill mobs fast, and shooting star works as well. In veteran dungeons, maybe they won’t be instant kills, but it’s much better than using overload. Which sucks because overload is a fun ultimate.

Before, casting overload gave you a third bar. That was changed almost exactly two years ago, I believe.
    Edited by Welkynar on September 16, 2020 9:45AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runaerian wrote: »

Damage is not that amazing, heavy attack has low range and stops you completely from using any other abilities as you channel it. For single target Greater Storm Atro is a better choice, for overland packs you will do better with damage morph of Negate. And it's lightning damage, so its not amplified by DKs Engulfing or Destro staff passive.

As for third bar, back in the past Overload was kinda like WW transform, giving you 3rd ability bar as a cost that you couldnt easily weave its Light attack with other skills.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I use it and i like (pvp) it has some drawbacks. You might use minefield to have some cover from melees, and have heroism potions. LA-curse-LA-fury-LA-frag. Boom. Ofc it works when you dont have lag and ofc have malacath MI...Extra burst if you have a non pet build (EW instead of Matriarch).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the 3rd (Ultimate) bar Overload provided,
    especially for double pet builds blocking lots of bar space.

Then ZOS TOOK AWAY THE 3rd (Ultimate) BAR FROM MAG USERS :s
    And ZOS GAVE THE 3rd (Ultimate) BAR TO STAM USERS WHO NOW RULE WITH WWs :#

Sorry, WHERE is the logic in that, ZOS?
    Why is Mag not allowed to have a 3rd (Ultimate) bar anymore but Stam now is?
    ZOS, at least grant a 3rd (Ultimate) bar to the GREYMOOR-CRIPPLED Mag VAMPIRES for parity.

Edited by BalticBlues on September 16, 2020 11:41AM
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Underrated on stamsorc in no-CP as it gets buffed by slotting bound armaments and is significantly harder to spot/avoid when weaved with a melee spammabe (or the new crystal weapon) in melee range. o:)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    Underrated on stamsorc in no-CP as it gets buffed by slotting bound armaments and is significantly harder to spot/avoid when weaved with a melee spammabe (or the new crystal weapon) in melee range. o:)

not a bad shout @Dorkener. i tried a similar gig with Elemental weopon and on paper it looked exciting but in reality didnt feel great.

I think the problem is i'm used to old overoad - i mean even the gank change to empower the first shot etc.

I hadnt thought about the Stam's tho.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz