The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A lot of players cured their vampirism due to Vampire Themed DLC

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Those of us who play vampires just because they are vampires will continue to advocate for a Stage 0 that looks like their normal mortal appearance or a skin that can be purchased that does the same. There are also several desirable vampire skin variants, like pale without veins and slightly glowing eyes in their original color that the players of vampires would be happy to buy. And all arguments advocating for forcing vampires to look like vampires went out the window the moment ANY skins became available as they ALL override the vampire appearance.

I would love to look "normal" when I am not in combat, and only assume a "Vampire" appearance when in combat mode. (Like Werewolves.)

Also, if they are so concerned that we look like Vampires, where are our fangs?

Edited by SilverBride on September 13, 2020 5:52PM
    PCNA
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    Still better off curing it...

Sorry if the truth hurts, but vampire stinks now. The post asks why are players curing vampirisms?

If you are one of those few that have made it work. Good for you! Even I have a build that works, but it is really not that fun, and I don't feel like a vampire using it.

Problem is that the pendulum has swung the other way. Now you are really forced to remove it or just play with a handicap. You are just outright punished for playing as a vampire. With no upside. That really is not fun, or fair.

Is that not what we are all here for? To have fun?

I don't feel much like a vampire even at stage 4. Just weak, handicapped, and discombobulated...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I should write down the buffs/debuffs of the old vampire compared to the new. Very easy to forget what once existed when all you have to look at is the new skill line.

Old Vampire
    Stages
    • Stages 1/2/3/4 without the Unnatural Resistance Passive.
    • Fire Damage taken: +0%/+15%/+20%/+25%
    • Health Recovery: -0%/-25%/-50%/ -75%
    • Vampire Ability Cost: -0%/-7%/-14%/-21%

• Stages 1/2/3/4 with the Unnatural Resistance Passive.
    • Health Recovery: -0%/-0%/-25%/ -50%

Buffs:
    • After feeding, your target is off balance and stunned for 4 seconds. Can also feed in combat and on other players.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 2 or higher: Increases Magicka and Stamina recovery by 10%.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 3 or higher: Reduces damage dealt towards you when you fall below 50% Health up to 33% based on your missing Health.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 4: Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch, and decrease the time it takes to enter sneak by 50% during the night.

Debuffs:
    • Susceptible to Prismatic Weapon Enchantments.
    • 20% increased damage from Fighter's Guild Abilities.
    • Reduced Health recovery up to 75% at stage 4 (50% with Unnatural Resistance).
    • Increased flame damage up to 25% at stage 4.

Other things of note:
    • Feeding on a target healed the player.
    • Using vampire abilities shaved 30 minutes off the 6 hour stage timer.
    • Feeding reduced your stage.

New Vampire
    Stages
    • Stages 1/2/3/4
    • Fire Damage taken: +5%/+8%/+13%/+20%
    • Health Recovery: -10%/-30%/-60%/-100%
    • Vampire Ability Cost: -6%/-10%/-16%/-24%
    • Regular Ability Costs: +3%/+5%/+8%/+12%

• Stages 1/2/3/4 with the Vampire Lord set equipped.
    • Fire Damage taken: +6%/+10%/+17%/+26%
    • Vampire Ability Cost: -11%/-20%/-31%/-44%
    • Regular Ability Costs: +4%/+7%/+12%/+18%

Buffs:
    • Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak, and decreases the time it takes to enter Sneak by 50%.
    • While you are at vampire stage 2 or higher when you leave Sneak, invisibility, or Mist Form your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage is increased by 300 for 6 seconds.
    • While you are at vampire stage 3 or higher your damage taken is reduced by up to 30% based on your missing Health.
    • While you are at Vampire Stage 4 the cost of Sprint is reduced by 50%, and If you continuously Sprint for 3 seconds you automatically become invisible.

Debuffs:
    • Reduced Health recovery up to 100% at stage 4
    • Increased flame damage up to 20% at stage 4.
    • Increased non-vampire costs up to 12% at stage 4.

Other things of note:
    • Feeding kills the target instantly, but cannot be used in combat or on other players.
    • Feeding does not heal the player.
    • Using vampire abilities has no effect on the stage timer, which has a duration of 4 hours.
    • Feeding increases your stage.

(Edited out some grammar mistakes.)
    Edited by Vevvev on September 13, 2020 8:35PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old vamp had the Dark Stalker passive, ignoring sneak penalty and entering sneak faster at night.
    ^(o_o)
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Old vamp had the Dark Stalker passive, ignoring sneak penalty and entering sneak faster at night.
    ^(o_o)

I think new vampire's health regen passive should be swapped around at night. During the night a stage 4 vampire gets 100% health regen.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I feel like I should write down the buffs/debuffs of the old vampire compared to the new. Very easy to forget what once existed when all you have to look at is the new skill line.

Old Vampire
    Stages
    • Stages 1/2/3/4 without the Unnatural Resistance Passive.
    • Health Recovery: -0%/-25%/-50%/ -75%

• Stages 1/2/3/4 with the Unnatural Resistance Passive.
    • Health Recovery: -0%/-0%/-25%/ -50%

Buffs:
    • After feeding, your target is off balance and stunned for 4 seconds. Can also feed in combat and on other players.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 2 or higher: Increases Magicka and Stamina recovery by 10%.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 3 or higher: Reduces damage dealt towards you when you fall below 50% Health up to 33% based on your missing Health.
    • While you have Vampirism stage 4: Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch, and decrease the time it takes to Crouch by 50% during the night.

Debuffs:
    • Reduced Health recovery up to 75% at stage 4 (50% with Unnatural Resistance).
    • Increased flame damage up to 25% at stage 4.

Other things of note:
    • Feeding on a target healed the player.
    • Using vampire abilities shaved 30 minutes off the 6 hour stage timer.
    • Feeding reduced your stage.

New Vampire
    Stages
    • Stages 1/2/3/4
    • Fire Damage taken: +5%/+8%/+13%/+20%
    • Vampire Ability Cost: -6%/-10%/-16%/-24%
    • Regular Ability Costs: +3%/+5%/+8%/+12%

• Stages 1/2/3/4 with the Vampire Lord set equipped.
    • Fire Damage taken: +6%/+10%/+17%/+26%
    • Vampire Ability Cost: -11%/-20%/-31%/-44%
    • Regular Ability Costs: +4%/+7%/+12%/+18%

Buffs:
    • Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak, and decreases the time it takes to enter Sneak by 50%.
    • While you are at vampire stage 2 or higher when you leave Sneak, invisibility, or Mist Form your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage is increased by 300 for 6 seconds.
    • While you are at vampire stage 3 or higher your damage taken is reduced by up to 30% based on your missing Health.
    • While you are at Vampire Stage 4 the cost of Sprint is reduced by 50%, and If you continuously Sprint for 3 seconds you automatically become invisible.

Debuffs:
    • Reduced Health recovery up to 100% at stage 4
    • Increased flame damage up to 20% at stage 4.
    • Increased non-vampire costs up to 12% at stage 4.

Other things of note:
    • Feeding kills the target instantly, but cannot be used in combat or on other players.
    • Feeding does not heal the player.
    • Using vampire abilities has no effect on the stage timer, which has a duration of 4 hours.
    • Feeding increases your stage.

(Edited out some grammar mistakes.)

Also the Old Vamp default was at stage 4 and new default is stage 1.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

I did not include this as when you leave Lamae's secret vampire only club you start off at stage 1. Actually had to wait or cast abilities like crazy to get to the "default" stage :p
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! Health recovery & regular ability costs are just punishment.

-100% to health recovery & Regular Ability Costs: +4%/+7%/+12%/+18% is what primarily sucks.

You can play around it, but in the end you are just playing with a handicap.

• Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    The title of thia thread is misleading. We previously had far too many vampires due to the 10% regen passive. This DLC fixed the number of vampires to reveal who really wants to be one. If anything, it increased the number of real vampires.

I have never understood this line of reasoning. What does it matter if there are 5 or 5000 vampire characters running around? Seriously, how does someone else having it harm you?

Reeks of moral busybodying.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

I did not include this as when you leave Lamae's secret vampire only club you start off at stage 1. Actually had to wait or cast abilities like crazy to get to the "default" stage :p

Oh, yeah but to get all the passives you have to level vamp up too and be stage 4 by then. My point is when comparing then and now, most people just stayed stage 4 on old and most will stay stage 1 on new, unless it is Vamp build. And the question is what made it worth being Vamp then but not now. Come on what was it really?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    The title of thia thread is misleading. We previously had far too many vampires due to the 10% regen passive. This DLC fixed the number of vampires to reveal who really wants to be one. If anything, it increased the number of real vampires.

I have never understood this line of reasoning. What does it matter if there are 5 or 5000 vampire characters running around? Seriously, how does someone else having it harm you?

Reeks of moral busybodying.

It's because they think the argument is relevant, including the passives. It's not. The reason why we're seeing a mass exodus of vampires is that it's an affliction that's just adding more and more handicaps without any actual balancing, not to mention nothing in the line screams 'vampire' aside from Mist Form. So they're right - we want to be vampires, but this ain't it.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Vampire is a Nightblade Rogue wet dream come true. Safely from afar, drawbacks are irrelevant, they could even cut your health in half and it would still be BIS for cloaked ranged players. Also best Bloodport in Cyro wiit the insta suicide skill.
    For everyone else it is a PITA.
    The Old Vampire also synergized better with NB, but it was also good to fill gaps in other classes, namely give some mobility to Templars and DK's. Now it's not remotely worth it, even with a better Mist Form.

Another scenario where Vampirism is BIS is Daily delve quests - go in, sprint past everything to your objectives, port out.
    For everything else it is a nuisance as you run out of ressources so fast.

Only reason why I haven't cured my main yet is because i'm farming dailies and also i want to get all the vampire achieves before curing.

Can't help but to add another rant: all this FX effects everywhere are making the game feel like some cheap asian game.
    I liked the simplicity and clarity of old visuals a lot better : not limited to vampires.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    The new Vampire is a Nightblade Rogue wet dream come true. Safely from afar, drawbacks are irrelevant, they could even cut your health in half and it would still be BIS for cloaked ranged players. Also best Bloodport in Cyro wiit the insta suicide skill.
    The Old Vampire also synergized better with NB, but it was also good to fill gaps in other classes, namely give some mobility to Templars and DK's. Now it's not remotely worth it, even with a better Mist Form.

Another scenario where Vampirism is BIS is Daily delve quests - go in, sprint past everything to your objectives, port out.

Only reason why I haven't cured my main yet is because i'm farming dailies and also i want to get all the vampire achieves before curing.

Can't help but to add another rant: all this FX effects everywhere are making the game feel like some cheap asian game.
    I liked the simplicity and clarity of old visuals a lot better : not limited to vampires.

Agree with everything, even the part about the visuals.

Sadly today I finally cured my main and then shortly after got a vampire bite to hold onto for when ZOS balances it. Taking a bit to adjust to the slow sneaking speed again but ultimately I've found myself more durable and having better sustain even though I was using vampire abilities.

I also look better which is another plus!!!
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭

Sadly today I finally cured my main and then shortly after got a vampire bite to hold onto for when ZOS balances it. Taking a bit to adjust to the slow sneaking speed again but ultimately I've found myself more durable and having better sustain even though I was using vampire abilities.

Tempting, but I'll stick with Vampire for my speedy build for now. The Sneak buff is just too good to pass.

And as for the debuffs, the worst one for me is increased ability cost. I stay in Vamp 1 anyway, so..
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakhan wrote: »
    Tempting, but I'll stick with Vampire for my speedy build for now. The Sneak buff is just too good to pass.

And as for the debuffs, the worst one for me is increased ability cost. I stay in Vamp 1 anyway, so..

I never realized how much I used the sneak speed as a crutch till it was gone lol. I miss it but don't really wanna go back till things improve.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakhan wrote: »

I never realized how much I used the sneak speed as a crutch till it was gone lol. I miss it but don't really wanna go back till things improve.

Me too lol. Sneaking at normal speed is sloooow, I actually got re-infected just for the sneak speed lol, I’ll just park on stage one and take the debuffs now
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of things need changing:

1. Drain is now next to useless, it needs to be buffed significantly or replaced with another power.

2. Blood for Blood should be a stamina morph of Evicerate and loose the healing debuff.

3. The ultimate should have a non-transform morph with just glowing red eyes.

4. Vampire Lord armor should reduce debuffs not increase them.

5. Elusive mist needs to be a bat swarm transform, or the bat swarm transform should be a passive that triggers on any charge, teleport, mount or sprint move.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I ask for is a good stamina vampire heal using that drain skill that no one uses and a stamina morph of eviscerate it could do disease damage or physical maybe do major fracture.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 14, 2020 1:19AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the vampire ultimate I actually like it but if werewolf gonna stay this strong I feel like the vampire ultimate should definitely get buffs it’s a vampire theme dlc after all
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    A number of things need changing:

1. Drain is now next to useless, it needs to be buffed significantly or replaced with another power.

2. Blood for Blood should be a stamina morph of Evicerate and loose the healing debuff.

3. The ultimate should have a non-transform morph with just glowing red eyes.

4. Vampire Lord armor should reduce debuffs not increase them.

5. Elusive mist needs to be a bat swarm transform, or the bat swarm transform should be a passive that triggers on any charge, teleport, mount or sprint move.

Blood for blood needs to scale with max stats and deal magicka or bleed damage depending on which stat is higher.

Arterial burst needs to have two functions in my opinion. Its should have an initial RANGED attack but if you use it again on that same target you teleport to the target and do melee attack instead. The teleport can only be done outside a certain range and maybe cause major fracture? Idk, arterial burst needs to have a secondary effect because the crit version sucks. This attack should only scale with max magicka.

Drain morphs need to be changed to a tether that restores a set amount of health over time with varying effects depending on the morph.
    The stam version needs to increase the healing recieved and restore a set amount of stamina when used on an opponent that's bleeding. But the tether has shorter range and is broken when an enemy moves a certain distance away.

The mag version needs to have much greater range and generate ult over the duration of the skill. And has increased duration if used on an opponent recently hit by eviscerate and its morphs.

These changes would create a synergy with the spammable and drain.

The Scion ultimate morph needs to allow reduced ult regen, decreased cost, and increased duration by 8 seconds.

Swarming scion morph should relatively stay the same, maybe just reduced ult cost. The live versions are way too expensive.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I ask for is a good stamina vampire heal using that drain skill that no one uses and a stamina morph of eviscerate it could do poison damage or physical maybe do major fracture.

Disease damage would be more lore appropriate since that's one of the ways to get infected with vampirisim, getting swiped with claws/bitten.
    As for the vampire ultimate I actually like it but if werewolf gonna stay this strong I feel like the vampire ultimate should definitely get buffs it’s a vampire theme dlc after all

Maybe allow Vampiric Drain to add time to the Blood scion transformation? Drain would still be a terrible skill but it'd allow some synergy with the vampire skill line and allow vamps to extend the transformation like werewolves can extend theirs.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should get the magicka regen while it’s slotted, same as werewolf gets
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I ask for is a good stamina vampire heal using that drain skill that no one uses and a stamina morph of eviscerate it could do poison damage or physical maybe do major fracture.

Disease damage would be more lore appropriate since that's one of the ways to get infected with vampirisim, getting swiped with claws/bitten.

Maybe allow Vampiric Drain to add time to the Blood scion transformation? Drain would still be a terrible skill but it'd allow some synergy with the vampire skill line and allow vamps to extend the transformation like werewolves can extend theirs.
    Your right about disease damage I’m gonna change the poison damage idea as for the drain I’d still much rather they turn it into a dedicated heal with stamina and mag morph of course.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For Drain, you don't have to re-invent the wheel, nor should ZOS. We know very well from previous games what it's supposed to do: damage and leech life. Because it's a vampire ability.
    So instead of dancing around with CCs, health heals or ult regen, ZOS should take a look at templar jabs and make Drain on par with it, damage and heal. Then they should think about what to do with the morphs.
    They're not doing it because they don't wanna balance it and have this false idea of it being the designated heal to offset Frenzy.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How they should have done it.
    The thing is, I do really think they wanted to have this unique idea for them.
    That they wanted players to feed and not starve themselves.
    To give them a unique play style.
    Not as much desireable.
    They succeeded on it not being desirable.
    They failed with getting players to feed.
    They failed giving them a unique playstle becuase the abilties are so subpar not one will play that style.

What they should have done is stage one is stage four in look no weaknesses, but at the cost no one will interact with you as that would be the only weakness in that stage. While stage two three and four you would become more human the more you fed have more power. Maybe increased the fire weakness but they should not have added in the stupid ability cost weakness.
    Made all the vampire abilties useful for something. But their damage and everything depends on how well fed you are.
    Made it so each time you used an ability the timer decreases maybe not by 30 minutes but like 15.
    Kept the timer at six hours.
    What this would have done was created a balanced playstyle.
    This would have created a vampiric playstyle that requires you to interact with the whole system of feeding as a vampire. That is at least desirable.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on September 14, 2020 5:59AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How they should have done it.
    The thing is, I do really think they wanted to have this unique idea for them.
    That they wanted players to feed and not starve themselves.
    To give them a unique play style.
    Not as much desireable.
    They succeeded on it not being desirable.
    They failed with getting players to feed.
    They failed giving them a unique playstle becuase the abilties are so subpar not one will play that style.

What they should have done is stage one is stage four in look no weaknesses, but at the cost no one will interact with you as that would be the only weakness in that stage. While stage two three and four you would become more human the more you fed have more power. Maybe increased the fire weakness but they should not have added in the stupid ability cost weakness.
    Made all the vampire abilties useful for something. But their damage and everything depends on how well fed you are.
    Made it so each time you used an ability the timer decreases maybe not by 30 minutes but like 15.
    Kept the timer at six hours.
    What this would have done was created a balanced playstyle.
    This would have created a vampiric playstyle that requires you to interact with the whole system of feeding as a vampire. That is at least desirable.
    I feed a lot just because the animation looks really cool hhhh but anytime I go into cyrodiil or ic I jug that mara drink that lowers my stage hhh
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, for the slow sneak speed you have 2 options: Night Silence crafted set > 5 piece bonus does the same as Dark Stalker except for the entering sneak speed or use Wild Hunt Ring > 45% more speed out of combat almost nullifies the 50% speed penalty.
    Bonus points if you are NB, just use the Concealed Weapon morph (more speed while sneaking or invisible)

For Khajiit, you can use 5 Night Silence, 4 Darloc Brae and 3 Night Terror set, the Steed Mundus - all divines - and be as fast and sneaky as ever. That's very good if you only engage in Justice activities.
    It doesn't beat Vampire + Concealed weapon + Wild Hunt ring of course - especially because then you can use the full Darloc and sneak for free - but at least your fur looks neat and not as if you fell into a barrel of bleach :smiley:
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but the scion ulti is very powerful. I'm still seeing many PvP vamps runing around with scion ulti, mainly templars and nightblades.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got around to curing Vampire on my alts characters what a shame to have vampire themed content and have to cure my vampire these vampire changes are an epic fail of game design.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, for the slow sneak speed you have 2 options: Night Silence crafted set > 5 piece bonus does the same as Dark Stalker except for the entering sneak speed or use Wild Hunt Ring > 45% more speed out of combat almost nullifies the 50% speed penalty.
    Bonus points if you are NB, just use the Concealed Weapon morph (more speed while sneaking or invisible)

For Khajiit, you can use 5 Night Silence, 4 Darloc Brae and 3 Night Terror set, the Steed Mundus - all divines - and be as fast and sneaky as ever. That's very good if you only engage in Justice activities.
    It doesn't beat Vampire + Concealed weapon + Wild Hunt ring of course - especially because then you can use the full Darloc and sneak for free - but at least your fur looks neat and not as if you fell into a barrel of bleach :smiley:

Thank you for the suggestions. But it just isn't the same. The advantage of Dark Stalker was that it was a passive. You didn't have to build for it.
    This also reflects what made vampires so appealing in the past. You didn't have to build for it, it fit every build and just added flavor. With pros and cons. Now you have to pick an inferior build and take away from your class flavor. With more cons than pros.