The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone have reports on oblivion's foe set with 6.1 changes?

Nerhesi
Nerhesi
✭✭✭✭
Wondering what numbers people are seeing and how is the set working... is it like draugrkin, or is it functioning in a different way?
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say for sure if it functions like draugrkin when it comes down to when in the calculation the damage bonus is added, but it is definitely a big buff to the set. The damage is added to each individual tick though, same as draugrkin.
    Without any cp, personally getting around a 20k tooltip or so depending on buffs with soul splitting trap. Soul assault is around 75k. You could get those numbers a good bit higher with the right build.
    The buffs to the recovery stats are huge aswell and it's definitely going to be a very strong set. Just comes down to whether you want to give up both a skill slot and a 5 set for it. For me, it's definitely the first thing I'm going to be trying next patch.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is also interesting from a 2-3-4 piece perspective as well. They appear to have a made a real effort to create some mix-and-match body set options to work mythics. They are also starting to exceed the standard set line value, making them highly attractive broken up.

The other one that stood out to me is Daedric Trickery...4 second downtime on 5 major buffs, easily used on back bar.

Aside from whatever they end up doing with aoe cool downs, which I dread, I'm looking forward to this patch. Lots of interesting new things to try.
    Edited by katorga on August 14, 2020 2:21PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a thread comparing this set to venomous smite, but it got buried sadly.
    You can check it out if you want some numbers.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say for sure if it functions like draugrkin when it comes down to when in the calculation the damage bonus is added, but it is definitely a big buff to the set. The damage is added to each individual tick though, same as draugrkin.
    Without any cp, personally getting around a 20k tooltip or so depending on buffs with soul splitting trap. Soul assault is around 75k. You could get those numbers a good bit higher with the right build.
    The buffs to the recovery stats are huge aswell and it's definitely going to be a very strong set. Just comes down to whether you want to give up both a skill slot and a 5 set for it. For me, it's definitely the first thing I'm going to be trying next patch.

I was looking for a more offensive option to replace eternal vigor in my ranged Templar and this set definetly looks like it has the potential.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested it. It adds the damage per tick. Soul trap and soul assault are VERY powerful with this set. Without optimizing the rest of the gear, but with cp, soul trap was capable of doing 30k+ damage with a single cast.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing to add is with the very strong 2-4 piece you can use a mythic in place of the 5 set pretty easily instead of having to break a monster set or break a 5 piece on whichever bar. This set does not snapshot btw, so if you plan on activating soul trap, then swapping to front and breaking the 5 piece, the damage will go down for subsequent ticks.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    I tested it. It adds the damage per tick. Soul trap and soul assault are VERY powerful with this set. Without optimizing the rest of the gear, but with cp, soul trap was capable of doing 30k+ damage with a single cast.

That is pretty interesting. I wish they would adjust the Maelstrom DW to do something along these lines since Oblivion Foe's previous bonus was similar to the aforementioned set.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Was playing on PTS. magNB, Foe, War Maiden. ~32k mag, 2k sDmg (plus War Maiden), Shadow Mundus. Almost 100k Soul Assault, 30k Consuming Trap with ~8,500 magicka return when target dies. Probably overtuned compared to some of the other proc sets that got buffed.
    Edited by ne.ga.kurai_ESO on August 26, 2020 6:11AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was playing on PTS. magNB, Foe, War Maiden. ~32k mag, 2k sDmg (plus War Maiden), Shadow Mundus. Almost 100k Soul Assault, 30k Consuming Trap with ~8,500 magicka return when target dies. Probably overtuned compared to some of the other proc sets that got buffed.

On my magplar with war maiden,slime, foe, i was getting like 120k tooltip SA.

Ive tested it in a few bgs, 6-8k crit ticks, pretty nice.

Unfortunately soul assault is still very expensive, single target only, and most ppl just block it.

Consuming trap was ticking for like 3k+ crit, and 2k ish non crit, so since it every 2 seconds, this puts it on par with something like venomous smite, like ive predicted on the pts.