The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dizzy Swing Vs Carve

HalvarIronfist
HalvarIronfist
✭✭✭✭
Been looking at switching these two options in stamdk.

So, it is possible to not use Dizzy at all. hitting good/weaved heavy attacks is just as useful sometimes IMO,

but say we were GOING to use one or the other.

Dizzy is the meta, of course. It's good, the only thing I dislike about it is the skill lag, which we can't do anything as players to fix.

Carve could be nice on a DOT DK, i was thinking. Full heavy armor build, all dots.

Just my thoughts, would like to hear others on dizzy vs carve.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzys offbalance is a massive damage and sustain boost, plus it can stun if they're already offbalance.

If you're going to do a pressure build you need a rotation and defile which carve can fit into. But reverb losing defile killed pressure builds imo.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    But reverb losing defile killed pressure builds imo.

Another setback for a pressure build on StamDK is the loss of Corrosive's Armor ability to buff DOTs. In my opinion the restoration of this component of Corrosive is one of the most effective things that could be done to elevate the class and provide something to focus a build around other than Leap. It should, in my biased view, at least buff the DOT components of Noxious Breath and Venomous Claw, or maybe all Poison DOTs.

Defile may be gone from Reverb, but if you intend to drop D Swing and use Carve, I think you will have a tough time winning a 1v1 without Power Slam slotted as your direct damage spammable. If you intend to spam Carve before its DOT expires, I would recommend Brawler instead, but don't expect to win many 1v1s depending on this as your spammable. Power Slam is a reasonably viable alternative to D Swing, but depending solely on DOTs will make an already tough fight against a MagPlar quite difficult.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer according to me, is nearly "no". I run a StamDK with S&B/2H, the usual DOT focus, of course. I've been trying to use Carve as an additional DOT and "spammable", but it works better with Dizzy and Carve. I don't really use Executioner, but Dizzy/Carve and of course the Leap.

It's pretty sad, as Dizzy is such a bad skill, many people - including me - have trouble landing it, sometimes the animation gets stuck and so forth. But it's still better to use, than not. I wish classes had a spammable comparable in all ways, but it's sadly not an alternative for most.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy is overloaded. Better for burst dmg, On demand off-balance (more dmg/resource gain) , charge a medium weave during dizzy casttime = stun and it slows with the next dizzy after stun.

I tried dw, cause the poor performance and positioning desyncs made dizzy frustrating to use. But even with all the issues it's still better when anything else for pvp(only for stamsorc to proc crit surge on CD dw isva good alternative I think) . Can't imagine how it would perform on an 'working server.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to use carve for a dot then honestly it is better to switch to dual wield and maybe backbar two hander for the heal
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons