Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harrowstorm shrike damage WAY too high

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
Harrowstorm shrikes damage is so high that receiving 1 tic of damage from any of their aoe moves is 23k damage.

They have more than 4 times the damage of the true harrowstorm bosses and they spam aoe attacks which themselves spam aoe attacks.

This is the main source of one shots that everyone complains about. Bloodknights have a move doing 23k damage too but it's rare, so I can't tell what move it is. That one I'm fine with though because its not spammed with huge aoe moving around everywhere.
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is one thing that would always show up on my death recap but I can’t remember the name - swarm something? Maybe that’s what you are talking about? A lot of times the red aoe would not show up so I didn’t know why I died, but it was instakill anyway.

Just glad I got my 30 dailies done so I don’t have to do these anymore. I only got a handful of document satchels and probably only one zone furnishing plan out of all of them.

Not worth the effort.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one thing that would always show up on my death recap but I can’t remember the name - swarm something? Maybe that’s what you are talking about? A lot of times the red aoe would not show up so I didn’t know why I died, but it was instakill anyway.

Just glad I got my 30 dailies done so I don’t have to do these anymore. I only got a handful of document satchels and probably only one zone furnishing plan out of all of them.

Not worth the effort.

Yeah, all those carrion swarm attacks are shrikes. You can see their name right next to it. Also they love to fly high and spam aoe attacks that land directly on you to kill you. All these attacks are autoaimed at players.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it dealt 23k damage for standing in the circle for 3 seconds or more, fine, that's my fault. But when I roll out of it in less than a second and I still get one-shoted by 23k damage, that's absurd.

I've been doing the Harrowstorm dailies since Greymoor launched and I dread every time a Shrike spawns. When 3-4 spawn? Forget it, wipe, reset the Harrowstorm and hope the other players realize to kill the lost souls before they reach the witch pikes.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on August 2, 2020 6:41PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just came here to say this. It's absolutely absurd how much more damage they do compared to all the other bosses. I am getting killed the moment the AOE circle appears, it's always spammed because bosses don't have to worry about resources and it hits regardless of where you are or if you're moving/rolling/etc it always lands right on you.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, please nerf these things. There is NO time to roll out of the red zone before you're hit. I don't know if blocking mitigates it; perhaps I'll try that...
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Yes, please nerf these things. There is NO time to roll out of the red zone before you're hit. I don't know if blocking mitigates it; perhaps I'll try that...

Nope, blocking kills you.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever decided on Harrowstorm Shrike's damage out-put, and still hasn't fixed it, should be fired.

This [snip] hits harder than any Veteran Dungeon Boss, by quite a bit. And, thanks to the scaling (which in almost every other case, I'm a fan of), we can't even out-level or out-gear it. I'm not sure if even a tank would last long, without big heals coming in. I know that when I'm set up to tank, I'm seeing hits around 40k. And those are usually at end of a DOT that was ticking for around 5k per sec.

Its numbers have to be an over-tuning mistake. It seems impossible that this was the intended result.

Two friends that I talked into giving ESO a try, after they came to a few HS, were like "Really!?...[snip] this game!"

Harrowstorm Shrike literally lost you two customers, that I know of. If you want to lure people away from WoW (or the other big MMOs), you need your game to feel dialed-in. And, for the most part...it does!

But then the Shrike's AOE flatulence hits you, and you have to wonder how anyone at ZOS could have looked at this and called it good.

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 14, 2020 2:26PM