The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Cinematic Crashing Windows

EmEm_Oh
EmEm_Oh
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently it's cinematic time and now after every pause in the cinematic, my pc crashes.

I'm doing a repair to see if it helps.
Edited by EmEm_Oh on August 11, 2020 4:42PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this same problem and it prevented me from launching PTS. It caused a hard, blue screen Win10 crash every time. I ended up having to edit the user settings file to trick the client into thinking I had already seen the new cinematic so i could launch the game.

Event log points to it being a conflict condition with the sound card or driver. I didn’t look into it beyond that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I'll check into this. I can now get to character screen, then once I select a character....crash.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on August 11, 2020 5:47PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @EmEm_Oh

There are some additional steps you can take listed in the help article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Bill. I edited my usersettings.txt and a few other things. Seems to be stable. Not sure what happened but it was odd.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know that making changes to the usersettings file helped resolve the crashing. We will now be closing the thread since the issue is resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.