The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

tank monster sets are pretty bad.

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
thats really about all I wanted to say. they are so bad that even for a "Greedy" tanking build. you'd probably rather go something that a healer might pick more so than a tank traditionally. earthgore, or chokethorn, they were nerfed a bit too hard last time. wish they put some power into them. yeah pvp I know.

buffing malubeth, stonekeeper, skeleton, and others would be really interesting.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey look these are all sets that have been nerfed in the past. On a more serious note, try the mythic chest, it is broken. Ditching monster sets and going for master s/b is also a very strong option.
    Edited by zvavi on August 6, 2020 9:17PM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, when you read the text for mighty chudan you should be hearing this:

You get a free extra active skill slot where your major armor buff use to be.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or you should read You get a free extra skill slot for the cost of a skill that gives both major buffs and 3000 magicka, and a useful monster set/mythic item.

Good tanks use Balance. Bad tanks use Chudan.
    Edited by Vildebill on August 6, 2020 10:30PM
    EU PC
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

Or you should read You get a free extra skill slot for the cost of a skill that gives both major buffs and 3000 magicka, and a useful monster set/mythic item.

as a nightbalde tank i dont really need to use either one.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Ok mighty keyboard warrior.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Chudan for exactly the reasons that @BejaProphet pointed out.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mature response :tongue: if you have a counter argument, feel free to present it. I get that you might like to feel comfortable and don't want to manage a buff, but if you are able to manage that single buff Chudan is far inferior than all other alternatives.
    EU PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true. Balance has been a thing for a couple or three years now.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mature response :tongue: if you have a counter argument, feel free to present it. I get that you might like to feel comfortable and don't want to manage a buff, but if you are able to manage that single buff Chudan is far inferior than all other alternatives.

Nah. No need to explain my thoughts, you’ve figured them all out for me.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭

You lose way more than you can possibly gain. as already stated: balance, or for other classes: Warden: gives resistance buff gives another 8% dmg mitigation, Sorc's gives speedbuff, etc. I think every source of the resistance buff gives me more than just that one free skillslot + monster set

That beeing said: There are no really good tank-monster sets. Lord warden? nerfed to oblivion, Earthgore? barely worth it, so on and so forth.. Maybe the new monsterset with the self synergy will be ok?
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Wuerstal wrote: »

You lose way more than you can possibly gain. as already stated: balance, or for other classes: Warden: gives resistance buff gives another 8% dmg mitigation, Sorc's gives speedbuff, etc. I think every source of the resistance buff gives me more than just that one free skillslot + monster set

That beeing said: There are no really good tank-monster sets. Lord warden? nerfed to oblivion, Earthgore? barely worth it, so on and so forth.. Maybe the new monsterset with the self synergy will be ok?

it wont. because you need to use health skills. i literally have 0 to slot on NB tank .
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a good thing that a 2 piece set can make up for the majority of the tankiness of so many rounded builds. (PvP and solo PvE)

That's the reason tanking monster sets aren't good for the game's health. Good ideas could be to make some set that is synergy related or weapon glyph related maybe. Or could be some kind of set that transfers damage to the tank. Lots of good ideas but I understand why the older sets where nerfed.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Bloodlord's Embrace
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    it wont. because you need to use health skills. i literally have 0 to slot on NB tank .

I use Spell symmetry or Equilibrium on all of my tanks (DK, necro and warden) so that won't be a problem.
    But I don't know anything about nightblade tanks so... yeah.. maybe it sucks on nb.

necro will be pretty nice tho, you will be able to give yourself two synergies. (boneyard and monster set)

• Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Wuerstal wrote: »

I use Spell symmetry or Equilibrium on all of my tanks (DK, necro and warden) so that won't be a problem.
    But I don't know anything about nightblade tanks so... yeah.. maybe it sucks on nb.

necro will be pretty nice tho, you will be able to give yourself two synergies. (boneyard and monster set)

you really dont need spell symmetry on nightblade tank. at all. I do just fine keeping my sustain