The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Engine Guardian is the same type of annoying crutch as sorc pets

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Just about every second person runs EG now and its beyond annoying how often it procs and the line of sight it provides. It really needs to have a longer down time especially considering how easily it now procs. It should be able to be instantly interrupted as soon as it spawns, it needs to be destroyed completely when interrupted and it should not return stats when someone is in mistform or a nightblade in cloak. In a 1v1 people become basically unable to be burst down unless you play heavy AOE and when fighting something like a magplar or magdk allows them to permanently cycle between block and mistform indefinitely and gives a petsorc one more pet to hide behind (on top of the team of pets they already run).
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its way to OP everyone is wearing it changing everyone is annoying pet builds. This needs to be stopped. Cyrodiil PVP is now invested with more pet builds that ever before. @ZOS_GinaBruno please take notice of this it really need adjustment. It is not fun at all a pet that procs so much eating all damage
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, everyone hates it. Please change it. Well designed skills/set should be challenging to deal with in PvP, not just annoying.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 100% uptime is a huge issue.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it won't be one more set ruined because of PVP
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been fighting for this change for a while now (in fact much longer than this however I'd need to dig up some old threads):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6709660#Comment_6709660

There is also currently an active thread on it here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/538146/make-engine-guardian-untargetable/p1

It's good to see more players raising this issue. It needs to change. It's completely unfair that players get to have extra mitigation from pets LoS when those of us who don't use pet's need to play around them.
    Edited by Weesacs on August 5, 2020 1:11PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People use it for the body block mostly on pvp, that's an issue.

As to not ruin the set, can it just be changed so you can't target it, like what happened with maw?
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 5, 2020 1:25PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

If only there were a way to code your game where you can make different parameters for things in PvP.....
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

If only there were a way to code your game where you can make different parameters for things in PvP.....

Agreed, I'm tired of playing PVE and having sets I work hard for be changed due to PVP all the time. Nothing against PVPers but this happens all the darn time. I pick a set, acquire the set, upgrade it, add enchants, learn the new rotation only to have it changed. It's mind numbing. Can't the coders just set a flag or something so that if you are not engaging another player the procs etc are normal and if you are engaging another player the sets have a different set up options?
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already nerfed it. Its fine. I do not use it.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

Agreed, I'm tired of playing PVE and having sets I work hard for be changed due to PVP all the time. Nothing against PVPers but this happens all the darn time. I pick a set, acquire the set, upgrade it, add enchants, learn the new rotation only to have it changed. It's mind numbing. Can't the coders just set a flag or something so that if you are not engaging another player the procs etc are normal and if you are engaging another player the sets have a different set up options?

PvPers want it to be untargetable by players. Zero PvE impact.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    learn to counter it simple, no need to QQ here for a nerf, lets remove tree's rock's and anything ppl run rings around for LoS coz that annoying also

Everyone can use those tree's and rocks for LoS however only the EG wearer gets the LoS benefit therefore it's an imbalance.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Mavi
    Mavi
    ✭✭
    If I get a Kuta for every Assassin's Scourge that smashed an EG robot I would be rich by now...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    learn to counter it simple, no need to QQ here for a nerf, lets remove tree's rock's and anything ppl run rings around for LoS coz that annoying also

Hmm, at least you can't auto-summon a rock or tree and have it follow you around.

Unless you slot EG, of course.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why every set gets butchered. With the state of the game engine guardian is one of the least problematic things in pvp.

A high uptime isn’t new, what’s new is more people hopping on the fotm. You can go back patches ago and see engine guardian procing in the middle of a proc.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, everyone hates it. Please change it. Well designed skills/set should be challenging to deal with in PvP, not just annoying.

Seems like everyone loves it to me. They are seem to be using it.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Seems like everyone loves it to me. They are seem to be using it.

Everyone loves a cheesy crutch, I even slot EG, especially when I’m playing solo in the sewers, theres no better feeling than watching a met or nightblade bow slam that engine guardian completely nullifying someones burst combo. However I value overall balance and would say the more a proc set is used (Especially by both mag and stam) the more its in need of a change.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

As there is already a thread open on this subject, this thread has been closed. If anyone would like to continue this discussion, please feel free to do so on the open, active thread here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.