The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is no CHEAT its only LAG!

silver1surfer69
silver1surfer69
✭✭✭✭
I tell you something, a player that has really a lot of experience in pvp, i mean really many hours, ppl that know the numbers in combat, what is usual and normal, who play pvp every day for years, who know the mechanics, who read fightlogs and can interpret them. Most of these guys, have a feeling of what is like possible in this game, what is usual and normal, and what is eg a good player and what is a very good player... what is an excepional player and when it feels like cheat, what is not normal and possible. Period. This is not a proof in any means but a starting point to voice suspicion and start investigation. And by this you can tell THERE IS CHEAT IN THIS GAME.

Oh and i want to add. Maybe ther have been some banns. Like single ones (and if there is 1 at all its like for hours or a few days). More of a marketing strategy if u ask me. Nothing is happening for reporting ppl. forget it. I think they are not even reading it. Its an automatic response. The only thing that will change something is when the players numbers are going down because of cheating, then they will invest money and man power in it. This is not going to happen becuase pvp is a minority. All of this aplies to pve too, but i guess its very rare that soembody gets reported for doing too much dmg in a dungeon/trial...

VOICE IT EVERYWHERE AND PUT THIS STUFF ON YOUTUBE!
Edited by silver1surfer69 on August 3, 2020 2:16PM
PC/EU
Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy to google websites that actually sell cheat subscriptions for PvP, vMA, and Trials.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating is definitely possible. Now if you're saying that most people that claim cheating are just overreacting to losing in pvp, that's totally possible. Quite often they don't understand the reasons they lost.

However, suggesting that cheating isn't possible at all is just naive.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing more guaranteed than higher frames on PC is cheating and hacks, the only reason I stick to console is the hardware and software advantages advantages someone can have are fairly limited to connection tampering and third party hardware plugins that allow m&k use (which in a shooter is an incredibly strong advantage). The only cheating is done through glitches and exploits which are usually patched. To be honest the only time I ever experience hardcore cheating is when playing games with PC cross play.
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother, they record for us :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltC4relESCY
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys im actually positively surprised. I expected a lot of flame and hate as replies here, but it feels like the awareness is growing bit by bit! Cheers, keep it on!
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on August 5, 2020 1:48AM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Quequag11
    Quequag11
    Soul Shriven
    Cheat controllers on console. People who have them set for a rotation. Bug reason I wish the would get rid of animation canceling.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple macros are the most destructive and insidious. For each button program a light attack then use a different variable millisecond wait timer and program each skill.
    to individually to cancel it.
    It can not be easily proven your macroing which is why i think either the weaving mechanic should be abandoned or that simple macro added to the game.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the naysayers have given up at this point with all the point blank videos that have come out you look like an idiot denying it can happen. But there are different degrees of cheating. Blatant Hacks of the game that we have seen videos of recently are on a whole other level than macros. Macros are doing what is possible in the game and using third party software to make it reoccur with consistency. Hacks are doing impossible things in the game and manipulating the game code.

The big issues comes in when the latter is used to a minor degree that is hard to detect without video evidence. I am a big supporter of recording your gameplay or having some type of video rewind available. Having recount up on your screen will help to also detect these instances.

Yes it sucks that we have to be the ones to make Zos aware of these issues because they are doing a poor job self policing it. If you want to get there attention put it on YouTube like you suggested or post it on redit.
    Edited by JackAshes on August 13, 2020 5:09PM
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    The simple macros are the most destructive and insidious. For each button program a light attack then use a different variable millisecond wait timer and program each skill.
    It can not be easily proven your macroing which is why i think either the weaving mechanic should be abandoned or that simple macro added to the game.

Why would anyone bother? It's not hard to press 1 button and 1 mouse click in 1 second.
    Edited by Crash427 on August 14, 2020 3:25AM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it makes bash and block cancelling much easier to accomplish since you dont have to focus on the weaving anymore.

Bad design either way.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone didn't see the video of a guy hacking the game killing people in town with HoF execute abilities. Was even on the forums before they bum rushed to remove it.

Yes you can.
    Edited by karekiz on August 14, 2020 2:50PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Rungar wrote: »

Why would anyone bother? It's not hard to press 1 button and 1 mouse click in 1 second.

It's all about maximizing dps. With simple macro, you can make light attack or heavy attack land at exactly the same time (within eg .01 seconds) as ability , every time, and not be affected by combat chaos. This increases burst damage. If there is, in contrast, a 0.2 or 0.3 second (or higher) delay between the light/heavy and the ability landing, players can actually react.

If eg you have a stealth build that wants to land a heavy attack/surprise attack combo on some poor slob, you want it to hit exactly the same time, stun them, then finish them off with a second HA combo. You need minimum time with maximum burst.

It's easy to see, if you have a target dummy and combat metrics. Humans have variability in getting the light attack/heavy attack to land at same time as ability. The computer has no variability, it always executes the same instructions (both human and computer variability are equally affected by lag).

I think the best players who have practiced 100,000 times on their target dummies/ in game can frequently successfully weave and land their LA/HA nearly the same time as their abilities, even in combat. But they still will not be as consistent as the computers. I have seen some players, repeatedly, "always" land their abilities within .01 seconds in a whole series of attacks. All they need is a programmable mouse. You could watch a video of them playing and not be able to tell at all that it is programmed. You could only tell by analyzing the mean + S.E.M. of their combat logs. So they can never really be detected, only suspected.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA