The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Now Fix Blastbones Please

Apox
Apox
✭✭✭✭✭
Blastbones has similar issues where it randomly appears grayed out on your bars despite targeting an enemy and no blastbones is already summoned.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would ruin the identity of necro being a cheap thrown together class to sell a chapter though.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah bruh, like Blastbones hasn't worked for over a year since it released. You think they care now?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Each time I have noticed that the ability is grayed out is when it's still up and hasn't exploded yet. Maybe some issues with lag and combat delay?

I would like the magicka morph secondary effect to be looked at, it doesn't "travel" anymore so that extra damage never shows up. It needs something though because the stamina morph hits like a truck but the magicka morph is really just a subpar burst ability.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Necromancer is a very poorly executed class. This is probably the least of problems the class has but is exactly why I say the Necromancer is probably the single class in most of need of an overhaul. It's not because it's weak as clearly Stam Necros are OP (while Mag Necros are garbage) but because the class revolves around mechanics that simply do not work. I'm not sure another class in this game has so many issues that are due to the mechanics of the class and not simply an issue of balance.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about fixing the snare that blastbones apply? Ignores snare immunity abilities aswell.

Not even speaking of the defile xD
    EU | PC
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boggles the mind how this has not been addressed yet.
  • Darkstride
    Darkstride
    ✭✭
    Boggles the mind how this has not been addressed yet.

I don't even really understand the purpose of the PTS. The devs don't appear to read, listen to or consider any of the feedback on the forum. Of course not all feedback is particularly useful, but I've never seen an MMO dev team completely disregard player feedback to this degree.

It's pretty much just bug testing and that's it. By the time it hits PTS they've already made up their minds.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice this a lot when the game gets higher ping than normal, oddly it occurs more in PvE than in PvP for me. It's annoying but you end getting used to it by rapidly weapon swapping.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point when they dont want to make money from it, blastbones will probably just turn into a timed normal projectile.

Fixes the need for the snare
    Fixes the issue of LoS
    Fixes the lack of counterplay issue

Then once it ends up working like any normal ability people would probably start complaining how they still allow a ranged timed high damage aoe spammable to do major+minor defile......remember when they said reverb couldn't have defile because it was too strong?
    Necro in general just has so many design issues that go against what zos has claimed in the past. Like how they wanted to do the racial rework since the % bonuses were too strong in some cases and hard for newer players to understand......just to introduce necro and let it have so many unique % buffs all around.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    It feels the greyed out skill is tied to whether the target has an active immunity. For example, using the DK fossilized on an elite mob. You can't. This seems parallel to blastbones where there a behind the scenes target validation that locks the skill i.e. greyed out. I would speculate whether status mmunity triggers the blast bones from being available: not always but situational. Such as, the Alliance war skill Purge where it use to give a few second immunity. It doesn't now but maybe that code still sets the condition and blocks a skill?
    Edited by Sahidom on August 9, 2020 10:03PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it has to do with wonky targeting in general. I have really hard time looting bodies too.
  • Darkstride
    Darkstride
    ✭✭
    I think it has to do with wonky targeting in general. I have really hard time looting bodies too.

Looting bodies is definitely its own minigame.
    Edited by Darkstride on August 10, 2020 12:18AM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they nerf the major defile i dont mind it being reliable
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling