Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for U28 Prologue Quest

• Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to add that when on that island with the castle, the map doesn't work. You'd have to guess which stairs to take to get to the questmarker.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    A little dialogue comment about the initial conversation with Gwendis - if you've done Rivenspire, Adusa-daro is in charge of the House. Gwendis says that the House is stretched thin so she's requesting outside aid, which is fine, but I'm confused as to why Adusa would be going to Elsweyr for moon sugar at a time like this?

I mean I assume that she needed to be out of the picture because she'd probably have put the pieces together much faster than Gwendis given she's known Verandis longer and would be less... dramatic? About sneaking around looking for answers. But that excuse was a little odd to me.

I believe it was done for 2 purposes: 1) Namedrop Elsweyr and Adusa going here for necros and bone giants, moon shugar is Gwendis' assumption and most likely a joke; 2) Gwen is the haughty one, hating rules, and her reaction is what makes the plot a "working" one. Adusa would probably dropped an outsider just after finding the signet, but Gwen is too emotional not to rush up.

And yes, we do need devs to start recommending canonical order for players because it's just spoilers all around.

Yeah, I wondered if it was a promo for Elsweyr, but still... the leader of the house going to the other side of Tamriel at a time when Gwendis is having to outsource is an odd choice to me, especially since she was in Western Skyrim and tells you they're going to hang around for a bit at the end. Also, in Fennorian's "Meet the Character" article Adusa says she's going to Skyrim together with Gwendis.

I agree she wouldn't have gone as far as Gwendis so needed to be out of the picture somehow - I imagine she'd have taken a far more cautious approach which wouldn't have moved the story in the intended direction quickly enough - it just seems like a little bit of a continuity issue and thought I'd mention it!
    Edited by ListerJMC on July 20, 2020 1:47PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that there was no mention of prologue in patch notes, but can confirm that the map of Grayhome is still missing during the mission, as an addition to my previous report for "Mages Guild" mention (no changes there as well) that is.
    5nf6ea3lhnr1.png

I've also encountered a glitch in which if you buy a character altering item in Crown Store during a dream sequence it will result in dream-filter turning off. Which I'm not against at all, it's a beautiful scenery, but Grayhome courtyard looks less impressive without said filter and it's DOF.
    rifgup5wc6uz.png
    gabqhsr2zqrq.png
    Edited by TiaFrye on July 22, 2020 9:42AM
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda liked the new voice for Verandis? It needs some getting used to but I'm sure that it will bright up my new Rivenspire re-run along the way with some fresh tunes. It is different but I realize that mr. Gatt voiced too many characters already and after that uncomfortable moment with Neramo and Raynor Vanos being in the same room, being voiced by a single man, I can see where this is going... Can we get a name for VO by any chance? I think I've heard Matt Mercer.

Oh, the new VA is by no means bad! He's clearly put in a lot of effort into the role and I don't intend to be mean about his work at all. I've now done all of Rivenspire and he's done a really good job with it, and I'm happy that no lines appear to have been cut out or changed.

I'm just upset because a big part of the reason I fell in love with Verandis' character was due to how he was voiced, so this change hurts if I'm being honest. It would be nice to know why, I'm not the only one who's upset and confused by the decision.

Same here. I really wish they wouldn't have changed his voice because part of the appeal of his character as being more approachable is the lighter accent of his voice in the original version. He sounds more welcoming and friendly to players, not that the new VA is bad. It's just what those who have done Rivenspire's questline remember about Verandis is his character and a big part of that is his voice. If something IRL happened to Mr Gatt (I hope that's not the case) that they needed to change Verandis's voice, then I understand. Otherwise this just feels like a very unnecessary change that a lot of returning players who originally did the Ravenwatch questline will feel confused and hurt by because it's part of their nostalgia that Verandis is voiced by Mr. Gatt's voice talents.
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on July 23, 2020 6:34AM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda liked the new voice for Verandis? It needs some getting used to but I'm sure that it will bright up my new Rivenspire re-run along the way with some fresh tunes. It is different but I realize that mr. Gatt voiced too many characters already and after that uncomfortable moment with Neramo and Raynor Vanos being in the same room, being voiced by a single man, I can see where this is going... Can we get a name for VO by any chance? I think I've heard Matt Mercer.

Oh, the new VA is by no means bad! He's clearly put in a lot of effort into the role and I don't intend to be mean about his work at all. I've now done all of Rivenspire and he's done a really good job with it, and I'm happy that no lines appear to have been cut out or changed.

I'm just upset because a big part of the reason I fell in love with Verandis' character was due to how he was voiced, so this change hurts if I'm being honest. It would be nice to know why, I'm not the only one who's upset and confused by the decision.

Same here. I really wish they wouldn't have changed his voice because part of the appeal of his character as being more approachable is the lighter accent of his voice in the original version. He sounds more welcoming and friendly to players, not that the new VA is bad. It's just what those who have done Rivenspire's questline remember about Verandis is his character and a big part of that is his voice. If something IRL happened to Mr Gatt (I hope that's not the case) that they needed to change Verandis's voice, then I understand. Otherwise this just feels like a very unnecessary change that a lot of returning players who originally did the Ravenwatch questline will feel confused and hurt by because it's part of their nostalgia that Verandis is voiced by Mr. Gatt's voice talents.

Yeah, his new voice has lost a lot of the old one's warmth which I loved and am sad to lose - but I really want to make it clear that the new voice actor is good at what he does!!! He knows what he's doing, what's getting me is that this is a character who's been around for a while, was deemed popular enough to get this new content, but has had a voice change (which has resulted in a slight attitude shift as a by-product) for unknown reasons. At some point the question will have to be answered, it's very noticeable and confusing. I hope it's just a simple explanation like an availability issue.

If we are keeping this voice, I hope that it's taken into consideration that that the tone of his original voice was something people liked about his character. There were a few 'softer' sounding moments when I was going through Rivenspire on PTS with the new VO, I hope there's a lot more of that than the colder sounding tone he had in the prologue (though as others have said I could pass that off as him being annoyed at someone sifting through his things/recovering from what was presumably some kind of torture).
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Double post, sorry! Not sure what happened there.
    Edited by ListerJMC on July 23, 2020 12:31PM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
    There were no troubles, everything is easy to find in all alliances.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    In the first quest while we are getting back to the camp with Shelaria I thought that she'll try to attack Gwendis as she does with Fennorian before. I was surprised that she ignored a presence of another vampire.

Also first quest: if Gwendis can see the signs on the floor and we're not she could just guide us to a necessary place instead of giving us the thing that is so important to her and symbolizes her trust in us. This looks strange if our character isn't familiar with her yet -- in fact, she trusts a part of her essence to a stranger who came to help for gold under the contract, I don't believe that she's so naive. But she gives us a thing to see the signs and then guide us, telling us an obvious direction. If you asked me I'd prefer to listen her guidance -- at least it was my first thought when she said "Oh, you can't see that?"

I like the moments when Gwendis said "I heard what they said" -- a funny sneer of all those times when our character is forced to retell something to characters who were standing nearby and in theory everyone should have heard our conversation.

Can't wait for EU characters coming on PTS to see a prologue through the eyes of character who's done with Rivenspire and Bangkorai storylines.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I played through the quest twice, once with a character who had finished DC, once with one who hadn't done anything in that faction. I think a very good job was done handling the different continuities.

I do have a couple of minor quibbles with the way the story goes:
    1. When you first go to Ravenwatch Castle with Gwendis, sneaking in through the back makes sense until it turns out you enter the castle in the main hall. That would only help if she expected everybody to be standing in the foyer. It would make more sense if the exit from the secret passageway opened up in the basement, maybe next to door to the cellar. That or just let us walk in the front door.
    2. Playing through it with a character who had finished the DC storyline, I didn't understand why there were wards that would block off the castle from vampires. It was only when playing through it with a virgin character that I got the dialogue bit from Verandis, "who do you think warded this place?" Not sure where that dialogue would fit in the other story, but I found that confusing until I played it with the new character.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of Castle Grayhome in present and all in the past are now invisible... and I suppose it won't be fixed until next patch or even till live server.

UPD: Thank you for fixing this!
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 7, 2020 3:48AM
  • Sphinxmoth
    Sphinxmoth
    ✭✭
    During the quest "The Gray Council", player character, which completed Rivenspire questline, will mention previous dream-walking through Verandis' memories as "learning about House Dorell". But it was memories about baron Montclair and his House that Vestige dream-walked in Castle Ravenwatch.
    Please, excuse me for my bad English.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinxmoth wrote: »
    During the quest "The Gray Council", player character, which completed Rivenspire questline, will mention previous dream-walking through Verandis' memories as "learning about House Dorell". But it was memories about baron Montclair and his House that Vestige dream-walked in Castle Ravenwatch.

Can confirm this. Please correct along with previous points mentioned.
    gv236mrnywub.png
  • Sylvia211264
    Sylvia211264
    ✭✭✭
    Can't play the quest. Neither with Aldmeri or Daggerfall Chars from the EU Server. Gwendis is not at her place. Tried with and without Addons.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah I now see this topic.

The quest does not work. The quest arrow points to the right place and her camp and horse cart are there but not Gwendis.

I restarted, repaired turned the add ons off etc but it just doesn't work.
  • CuriousNumber5
    I am also unable to find Gwendis. The quest starts but she isn't at the camp. I tried on different factions and had the same result.