Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you so much :-D

kinguardian
kinguardian
✭✭✭✭
A big thank you to the game makers for creating npc's to put in our houses.

I am over the moon and love it.
Hopefully there will be more to choose from in the future.

I also love that we can choose a walking route/path for the banker , and merchant.
Does this mean we will be able to do that for pets to? Oooh imagine the we can have a proper little farm :)

Thank you so much for listening to everybody who wanted this so badly please keep developing this and make in future more characters to put in our house.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe character pathing does indeed apply to pets and mounts as well.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on July 29, 2020 8:25PM
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭

Oooww goodie goodie :):)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does! On PTS I had one of my dogs chasing the barmaid. :smiley::smiley:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

It does! On PTS I had one of my dogs chasing the barmaid. :smiley::smiley:

Hahahaha
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want my alts to live in my houses, please.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Yes. If we leave the game in the house, they should be there if anyone visits. That would be a good start, however ZOS won't do this due to the limitations they have placed on things like assistants. :disappointed: Maybe if we could get ESO Plus Plus they would allow that.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They said in an interview once about 6 months ago that having your alts in your home as NPCs was a good idea and theyd look into it. Here we are and out of the blue assistant, pet and mount pathing, who's to say this isn't a stepping stone for what's to come.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see my alts in my house <3
    I'm not very interested in NPC guests, but it's a nice feature anyway.
    I tried to combine few screenshots of my characters in 2017 to make it seem like they are standing together :(

QafE4j8.jpg

8KVfZFJ.jpg

I want to actually see them all together in my house (I have 18 characters now, my house would be very lively), using emotes to make it seem like they are interacting. So many possibilities of creating fun scenes...

And pathing is such a fun addition :smiley: I really don't know if I will use it on live server, but on PTS I had a laugh yesterday :D

Mischievous Wolf doing simple things: bathing in the fountain and climbing on the wall... :D

https://youtu.be/Diui91eKlgo

Domestic life of Alien: cooking some food, changing his outfit, waiting for the owner, practising on target dummy, visiting his friends and sampling their food, searching for the Mischievous Wolf (who is already in the fountain) :D

https://youtu.be/HrN8ZYrAyYY

Jog animation for senche is so majestic!

I also hope we will get ability to choose idle animations for mounts and pets in future. For example, a cat could walk to the food bowl and use eating animation for 10 seconds :) For now, the cat just walks to the food bowl and stares at it hungrily for 10 seconds.

Also, I think it's good time to allow more than 10 Special Collectibles in our houses :o
    Banker and Merchant - already 2 slots which are always occupied. 8 slots for pets and mounts is very little... I had to remove few of my favourite pets from my house just to host more mounts :/ And that's far from all mounts which I want to place there. Why do they have to count as Special Collectibles? If there is still place for furnishings (from those 700 slots), mounts/pets should count towards normal furnishings limit.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said in an interview once about 6 months ago that having your alts in your home as NPCs was a good idea and theyd look into it. Here we are and out of the blue assistant, pet and mount pathing, who's to say this isn't a stepping stone for what's to come.

I am hoping that this is the case, but putting Alts into houses and also adding them to the pathing system can present additional challenges. Are the Alts always there, or just when you want them to be? If they are there part time, how do you associate them with a path? If they are there all the time, what happens when you are playing that Alt and go to that house. Are there two of them?

Easy questions to answer, possibly harder to implement, depending on the chosen answer, and hopefully something they are thinking about for a future update.

However, they have drawn the item limit line in the sand with concrete and Alts would be very limited. This is one of those times when I have to say that they are not being exactly ... complete ... with their reasons for not increasing item limits.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah and I want to be able to interact with them and get my gear from them without having to logout, login, logout!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be incredible if we could place our characters in houses. I'd be down for them just acting as any of the houseguest NPCs, just standing around and walking if you give them a path (with their selected personality). I don't need them to have any fancy container/character swap functionality.

Even if we could only have a limit of one 'player character' per house, that'd be okay.

It'd be fun to set up each house as the specific house of one of your characters, and then to go visit them when you're playing someone else. And then your friends could even come visit when you're not playing.