The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I tested many abilities on the PTS to see what they restricted. Here are my results.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I imagine they had some sort of data that lead them to some skills more than others.
    As templars are basically essential in ballgroups there is probably a pretty hefty spike on their graph when it come to their most spammed skills. Jabs made the list for obvious reasons too :lol:

The list created on the PTS section has a lot of skills that do radius checks and seem to be unaffected by the change. So I am assuming they must have had a strong inclination of what skills were being pressed a lot.

they said that skills that do something "around the target" are not included. So shock clench aoe is a burst around the target. Blastbones is around the target.

Both really stuck out to me for not being impacted.

It is interesting, because if they rework the skills to remove, reduce or limit their aoe use without adding cast times or cost increases, then this change would be fine.

As long as the tests are tests to gather data and aren't proposed solutions it may be alright :neutral:
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine they had some sort of data that lead them to some skills more than others.
    As templars are basically essential in ballgroups there is probably a pretty hefty spike on their graph when it come to their most spammed skills. Jabs made the list for obvious reasons too :lol:

The list created on the PTS section has a lot of skills that do radius checks and seem to be unaffected by the change. So I am assuming they must have had a strong inclination of what skills were being pressed a lot.

they said that skills that do something "around the target" are not included. So shock clench aoe is a burst around the target. Blastbones is around the target.

But how would they sell stamcro of magden upgrades??

On the plus side, Sorcerer Mages Wrath and Curse fall into that bucket. If those got hit, along with streak, sorc would be as dead as templar. But seriously, I think sorc drops to barely viable with a 3 second cooldown on streak. That probably kills the class for pvp. Stam sorc too.

But why did ball of lightning with no aoe, no stun, nothing, get hit?

I cannot understand why ground based aoe dots are included at all. It serves no purpose. Once I drop wall of elements, those calculations have to be performed every second. Period. Being limited to casting it every 3 seconds does nothing to reduce server load
    Edited by katorga on July 31, 2020 4:11PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you that waa very informative.

While I don't agree with AOE cool down. I think it is fine to havd some coold down some some skills. Like armor buff for ibstant, why would you feel the need to use hurricane 2 or 3 times in a raw when thd skill is 15 secs and does not benefit from initial casting. Volitile armor usualy spammed to get nightblades out of cloak, thst is reasonable to keep using it. Templar rune is useless to spam, beckoing armor as well. There are many skills that could benefit from the cooldown and many more that don't.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how would they sell stamcro of magden upgrades??

On the plus side, Sorcerer Mages Wrath and Curse fall into that bucket. If those got hit, along with streak, sorc would be as dead as templar. But seriously, I think sorc drops to barely viable with a 3 second cooldown on streak. That probably kills the class for pvp. Stam sorc too.

But why did ball of lightning with no aoe, no stun, nothing, get hit?

I cannot understand why ground based aoe dots are included at all. It serves no purpose. Once I drop wall of elements, those calculations have to be performed every second. Period. Being limited to casting it every 3 seconds does nothing to reduce server load

Ball of lightning is included because it the end you summon a ball that absorb all projectile around it in 3-4m radius, so technacly it is an AOE skill.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I don't agree with AOE cool down. I think it is fine to havd some coold down some some skills. Like armor buff for ibstant, why would you feel the need to use hurricane 2 or 3 times in a raw when thd skill is 15 secs and does not benefit from initial casting. Volitile armor usualy spammed to get nightblades out of cloak, thst is reasonable to keep using it. Templar rune is useless to spam, beckoing armor as well. There are many skills that could benefit from the cooldown and many more that don't.

Armor buffs with a cool down is redundant, and actually creates extra server load to track a timer on a skill does not need one at all.

Think about the sorc buff on the other hand...23 seconds of radius AOE. It creates no extra server load to spam it because the skill has to perform all of the radius aoe math, every second, no matter what. A player casting their boundless storm once creates the same server load as a player spamming impulse once a second for 23 seconds. If the same player casts boundless storm six times, every 4 seconds, for major expedition, it creates no more server load from aoe calculations than casting it once.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭

Armor buffs with a cool down is redundant, and actually creates extra server load to track a timer on a skill does not need one at all.

Think about the sorc buff on the other hand...23 seconds of radius AOE. It creates no extra server load to spam it because the skill has to perform all of the radius aoe math, every second, no matter what. A player casting their boundless storm once creates the same server load as a player spamming impulse once a second for 23 seconds. If the same player casts boundless storm six times, every 4 seconds, for major expedition, it creates no more server load from aoe calculations than casting it once.

All can be explained as zos logic 👏
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »

Nature's Grasp can be cast on your own bear :)

Good Information.

T Nature's Grasp
    T Bursting Vines
    T Nature's Embrace
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Did someone tested if lightning destructive touch is affected ? The one that does damage to a target then AoE around, is it on cooldown too ?

Shock Clench and Shock Reach have no restrictions. I tested both.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I would expect these to be affected, but...

Do we know whether or not the Forceful and Tri Focus (w/ lightning staff) passives are firing off on every single light/heavy attack?
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh, my thought never included server performance as that is something almost beyond repair. Problem with performance is either the old engine, or server capacity and quilty. My thought is to improve gameplay, atleast for new players, as you said about someone casting bounless every 4 secs for major expedition or scroch every 3 seconds. My friend took a very long time to get used to how scroch skill from warden works, snd almost dropped the skill completely because he kept pre casting it before it activate. Obviously he got used to the skill, but it took him so long to do that. Having a cool down on scorch that prevent plwger from cast it again every 3 secs can build up muscle me.ory for player in regards to tha specific skill. Pro or expert players will not feel the cooldown because they already used to activating scrotch skill every 3 secs or bounless every +4 seconds for major expedtion. Just a thought, nothing more.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is that not so bad, if a few key skills were exempt? For example limits on Sweeps and Streak really destroys those classes, whereas the limitation on DK Breath is not as bad and the one on Scorch even less so.

In regards to healing skills, if the likes of Living Trellis and Healing Ward were functioning all the time, but would only search for a friendly target every third cast and otherwise be a self-heal that would actually be an improvement for the solo players. The possibility of the heal going to someone else, as is the case on live, is perceived as a drawback by some.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB