Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to create an addon that lets to swap between your toons?

Vara
Vara
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of an addon that you press a hotkey and it opens up a window with all your toons and you click one and it logs you out of the one your one and into the one you selected.

Being able to swap between your characters without logging out should be a feature in the base game as many other mmos have this very basic feature. But since it is not... is it possible to do with an addon?
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it's not possible
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    it's not possible

Sad guess we gotta ask ZOS to help streamline character swapping since it is a vital part of this game more so than other games that make it way easier. If I wasn't so filthy rich in this game I would probably stop playing it just because of this issue...
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem with just using the chat command /logout, or installing LibSlashCommander and just typing /log and then press TAB ey to autocomplete the /logout command for your, and then choosing a new toon via doubleclick?
    Takes <1min for me to switch toons if my addons are disabled.

Loading time depends on your enabled addons AND the filesize of your SavedVariables + your harddrive (SDD is way faster e.g.!) and CPU + network though .
    Edited by Baertram on July 13, 2020 5:13PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    What's the problem with just using the chat command /logout, or installing LibSlashCommander and just typing /log and then press TAB ey to autocomplete the /logout command for your, and then choosing a new toon via doubleclick?

Loading time depends on your enabled addons AND the filesize of your SavedVariables + your harddrive (SDD is way faster e.g.!) and CPU + network though .

My load times while swapping toons has about doubled since the patch.
    It takes much longer to craft an item for daily writs, too.

I haven't done the metrics, yet, but I used to be able to log in, grab/do/turn-in writs and be back to logging motions in under 3 minutes, now I'm over 5+, since the patch.

Yeah, lots of stuff happening in the game, lots of variables, but it started with the patch.
    No new addons, I have an NVMe drive, etc, etc...
    I'm hoping it sorts itself out.

Edited by twev on July 15, 2020 9:28AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

I haven't done the metrics, yet, but I used to be able to log in, grab/do/turn-in writs and be back to logging motions in under 3 minutes, now I'm over 5+, since the patch.

Yeah, lots of stuff happening in the game, lots of variables, but it started with the patch.

I would like to know where you do your Daily Writs at.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

I would like to know where you do your Daily Writs at.

Usually rawl'kha, some toons at Rimmen, some at vulkhel guard, some in summerset.
    I have 15 toons, 14 are crafters.

I haven't checked again in a few days, I seem to have had an issue with the 'view' button for crafted furniture at crafting tables not being visible (I never had the button, but the Lazy Writ Crafter issue was recent) so I just reinstalled my vid card and drivers, the game and all my addons, which has given me the view button finally.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.