The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a blast right now in IC on both servers - getting my butt kicked a lot more over on the EU server, but still having fun...

I have 2 active blue werewolves over on the NA server - a hybrid orc stamplar and a stam dk...having a blast with both of them...the hybrid stamplar has enough magicka (shacklebreaker, new moon acolyte, engine guardian - 7 heavy) to heal really well...

using them both for dailies, I've stopped worrying about quests (each has enough to last through mym) and tel var...I'm just going for flags, fights, and bosses...

about the only bit of a downer is I've done about 15 bosses and only picked up one legion zero style page...it was the second boss...the last 13 or so no pages...

I'm having a lot of fun just fighting, trying to stay close by allies...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy folks...I hope all is well for you in tamriel and that fantasy land called earth...

going blue on the NA server...it's literally been 8 months since I've pvp'd with my NA DC toons...

had them all running through imperial city during mid-year mayhem...my stamplar, stam dk and stam warden all perfomed really well, good damage output with lots of damage mitigation built in to their builds...

however, my very first character: magblade - i have somehow totally lost the feel i had for this toon...i got crushed in IC when i was fighting in 1 v 1's...

so, gonna take the next few campaigns to redo my build and try to get things working again...may be time to go back to bombing (something I've never really been that good at)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, got my first lancer lead...I haven't even really thought about leveling one of my toons for digging up this new stuff though...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about magblade, it just doesnt feel like it used to and I cant really work out how to play it in Cyro. My main achievements/crafting character is a magblade but hes DC and I only play EP so not really tempted to buy the long awaited alliance change token yet.

Having fun at the minute on a necro healer on EU, lots of aoe heals and stacking the healing done stat. No damage of course but it feels a lot easier to stay alive.
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey peacatcher :) ...right now I'm going with spinners, bright throat and chudan...

basically I'm just spamming time-stop (which is an incredibly annoying skill) and swallow soul...

even with bright throat still need to be careful with my sustain...it's also takes a little practice to land that bubble where you want...

it feels like I'm even more dependant on cloak than ever before...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found playing in imperial city useful for testing builds...plus, if you are going to fight against other EP folks, maybe best to do it there in IC...

it's also easier to pick and choose your fights if you want to avoid pact players all together...

plus, IC really is set up well for magblades...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the fear traps combined with time stop? Nowhere would be safe to step! Throw in a barbed trap every now and then!

My previous setup on magblade was spinners and hist sap, that was a few patches ago though so I havent tried it since hist sap was adjusted.
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know peacatcher one of the big things for me this campaign was going to be "fixing" my magblade...

it just so happens though that 3 of my best fighting toons (hybrid stamplar, stam dk, and stam warden) are all NA DC...

I'll tell ya, after getting my butt owned all the time in 1 v 1's on the EU server - it feels so good to win those same kind of fights with my max cp toons...

those three characters are really hard to kill, the stamplar and stam dk are both werewolfs...you can do serious damage with a hard to kill werewolf...like jump smack dab into the middle of large melees - and just howl and claw away...

and my stam warden is fun because he's a northern storm, sub assaulting, spin-to-win, snipe spamming stam warden...it just doesn't get much easier in cyrodiil than that :p
    Edited by geonsocal on July 25, 2020 9:29PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ran in to something interesting, got in to a A v A v A battle inside of nikel on the NA server...

there were two groups of about 6 or so of yellow and red and 2 other random blue besides myself...

the two other blues went down, but, I'm on my stam warden, it's a stam warden so I'm hard to kill...as I'm running around nikel trying to stay alive and fight - I notice red and yellow ain't really fighting each other...

sure enough after I finally die down by the first flag - a few players from each team came over to t-bag me...I've been playing cyro for five years, t-bagging don't bother me...heck even two alliances working together inside a outpost or keep are nothing more than annoying...

the situation got much better though when a group of blue busted in to the outpost and I got rezzed... it was a crazy tough fight, but, we managed to kill all the AD and EP players - I got to repeatedly dance and laugh over many of their dead bodies...

both the AD group and EP group had nearby camps - soooooo, I got to help kill them all again, and once again dance and laugh over their dead bodies...

that made me happy :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 25, 2020 9:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so AD is leading in NA by a few thousand...they also currently have the high score for the eval period, and yet the hammer spawns yellow...what is that...

that's some bad code right there...
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so AD is leading in NA by a few thousand...they also currently have the high score for the eval period, and yet the hammer spawns yellow...what is that...

It's called the premium zenibalance, I assume this is kind of the Cyrodiil equivalent to battlegrounds 2v3v4 or other as balanced numbers of players in matches, totally fair and balanced in ESO pvp.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like it does blue and red, it does with yellow.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you're 100% right...I guess it was too difficult to code in some rules that wouldn't benefit the strongest alliance even more...

oh, so you have all the scrolls and emperor too, you know, maybe bonuses aren't enough...here have this hammer just to make sure you can gate the whole campaign...

the hammer most definitely hoses each alliance...

if I could trade the hammer for getting back ayleid wells that work - I'd take that deal in a heartbeat...
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you're 100% right...I guess it was too difficult to code in some rules that wouldn't benefit the strongest alliance even more...

oh, so you have all the scrolls and emperor too, you know, maybe bonuses aren't enough...here have this hammer just to make sure you can gate the whole campaign...

the hammer most definitely hoses each alliance...

if I could trade the hammer for getting back ayleid wells that work - I'd take that deal in a heartbeat...

Agreed. It is very poorly implemented. Side note: of course my alliance is winning when Im on break from pvp/game.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Nord_Raseri ...are you focused on a different game, or just taking care of more important life stuff...

I have some friends at work who are also gamers...it's funny - when I tell them I'm still mostly just playing eso (like I have for the last 5 years) they look at me surprised and say - really?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to look at the campaign scores for gray host for both servers and write them here...

I switch so much between servers, I can't remember so well who's doing what :)

I'm fighting blue now on both servers...things get a little blurry...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 days to go in the campaign...

NA:
    AD - 69,183
    EP - 65,976
    DC - 64,572

EU:
    EP - 74,833
    DC - 64,597
    AD - 61,552
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been off of Forums for long time. Just went back on to try fix my pc problem. But no response yet. Otherwise I’ll be missing you on EU. (My PS+ became a PS- have to play on PC until I could afford PS+ again. But I was playing in Gray EU 2 weeks ago(?) till PS- kicked in. Least pc version don’t require any extra fee to play, save for buying eso of course though. Honestly grateful.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Serjustin19 :)

good to read your words...I hope you are staying safe and healthy...
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Serjustin19 :)

good to read your words...I hope you are staying safe and healthy...

Thank you. I’m staying safe and wish you to. :)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Logged onto NA this morning (Europe time) to find the map completely blue and the gate keeps being guarded by groups of 10-20. Not unlike EU where the red have all the keeps from early morning to mid afternoon. Went and did some questing instead. Cant help but feel that faction lock isnt working as well as it could.

On the plus side I did my first ever over 50 battleground today which was a lot of fun. Captured a relic successfully and got a couple of those armour motifs. No CP is brutal...Im not sure I could get used to it!
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi peacatcher :)

been meaning to check-in...been playing a bunch lately on both NA and EU servers...

yeah, I've been feeling the pain with EP stomping on our guts on the EU server late evening west coast US time...

I'm blue now over on the NA server, so after getting gated on the EU server I'll switch to the NA server where things are a bit more equal during that time period...

so, 9 days left in the campaign...
    EU:
    EP - 72125
    DC - 58074
    AD - 52754

NA:
    DC - 63702
    AD - 63360
    EP - 60109
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more and more I'm thinking of switching my 3 AD and 3 EP toons over to blue on the NA server...

I don't really group up much on either server, i like going at my own pace and fighting the fights that interest me...but - I do like to engage in zone chat, mostly about map play, cause that's what interests me, although occasionally I get in to just chatting/whispering with different folks about builds and gameplay...

I'm thinking that would be easier to do on the NA server if I went all blue like I did on the EU server...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 28, 2020 7:16AM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Very similar here. Cant remember the last time I was in a group, I like to be able to go where i want and not have to stay with others. Spend a bit of time scouting our empty keeps that the blues love to attack haha ;)

Thinking about going AD next campaign. Ive been trying it out on my alt account this campaign as their population is much lower than blue and red most of the time and the login queue for red is ridiculous at times. Im sure I will make no difference to anything as Im just one player and a very average one at that, but a change could be good. The main thing stopping me is having to un-home 10+ red characters from grey host.
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow 10 EP toons, how many toons do you have altogether?
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    About 15 at the moment. Mostly reds but my main crafter and achievements guy is blue and I have a couple of yellows. Plus 6 more reds on NA. Got a tendency to get bored playing the same character for too long so keep plenty of options available!
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed this:

Specific details on the tests we will be running in Cyrodiil are as follows:
    Test 1 – Shared global AOE cooldown - 3 second timer. This test adds a global 3 second shared cooldown to any AOE ability. This means that when you cast an AOE, you will not be able to cast another for 3 seconds. For example, as a Templar, if I cast Ritual of Retribution, I wouldn’t be able to cast Puncturing Sweep for 3 seconds.Test 2 – Individual AOE cooldown - 3 second timer. This test adds an individual AOE cooldown to each AOE ability. This means that when you cast an AOE, you will not be able to cast that same AOE ability for 3 seconds. For example – as a Templar, if I cast Puncturing Sweep, I wouldn’t be able to cast Puncturing Sweep again for 3 seconds.Test 3 – No cooldown, global ramping AOE cost. This test adds a global ramping AOE cost for each AOE cast. Similar to how streak or roll dodge works, where when you cast an AOE you receive a debuff for 5 seconds, each stack of the debuff increases the cost of any AOE cast.Test 4 – Individual AOE cooldown – 3 second timer, global ramping AOE cost. This test adds an individual AOE cooldown to each ability as in test 2, but also combines that with a global ramping cost from test 3.During the times that any of these tests are active, we will be awarding double Alliance Points for anyone active in Cyrodiil.

I don't know, I'll just need to see how it feels and what it affects and deal with it accordingly...

heck what's one more odd issue, I'm dealing with running in to constant load screens around bruma and d-claw...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on a much more positive note - there's some event going on in IC soon...

I absolutely love IC when it's packed...

I don't really mess with the sewers that much anymore, cuz - they're sewers...

I do like roaming the districts and "fishing" from platforms...they cut out the reach passive from working on the district platforms years ago - but, you can still gather good chunks of stones catching some different folks traveling past the platform...

the most fun though I have is just leaving all my stones at the bank and just going out to fight...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 29, 2020 11:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    four days left in the campaign...last couple of nights I went to log on to the EU server - EP has both DC and AD gated...

I guess they can play with themselves now...

not sure what the answer is for pop imbalance like that, but, it ain't fun...

just went and danced with a handful of EP, they had the hammer too, who were hanging out right outside the wall by the southern high rock starting area...

it was kind of sad seeing them just standing, doing nothing...

yeah, not good...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 3, 2020 6:03AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a blast in IC...

well on my way to getting that new medium legion outfit that looks really cool...gonna spend time now just running around looking for fights...