Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

I want to buy the full Greymoor but i need some question answered

kilirmub17_ESO
kilirmub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I intend to buy the full greymoor game through steam. It is gonna be my first purchase of ESO on steam ever. My current ESO account is pre-order standalone from 2014 Imperial Edition with ESO plus activated.

WIll I be able to:

1) Purchase full Greymoor through Steam;
2) Link my existing ESO account from 2014 to this new purchase;
3) Be able to launch the game again from the ESO standalone launcher and enjoy all the content merged without losing progress?

If not, will I be at least able to, like some people here report being able to, launch the game from the steam folder , but WITHOUT LOADING STEAM, by simply launching the eso64.exe?

I just want to make 100% sure that I can do that without having to go online on Steam, because I despise having my playtime made public unless I hide my entire profile. I have personal and financial-related issues which makes purchases through steam more affordable, unfortunately.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @kilirmub17_ESO, you can purchase the Greymoor Standard Edition or the Greymoor Upgrade through Steam and you will be able to link your Steam account to ESO here. You will also still be able to launch the game via either Steam, the ESO launcher, or by directly opening the executable.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • guidauxxxub17_ESO
    guidauxxxub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Me and my friend always play together and I'm a returning player from 2014 with the Imperial Edition and recently got ESO Plus. My launcher is the Bethesda Launcher and my friend just bought me a steam gift card so we could both play Greymoor together. Would it be possible to use the steam gift card money to upgrade my ESO account not on steam? I linked to my steam account here.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @guidauxxxub17_ESO

You would need to own ESO through Steam and then link your existing account to then take advantage of DLC bought through Steam.

We are going to close out this discussion since it is a few months old. You are welcome to start a new thread if you have further questions.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.