Magsorc survivability in vCR portals

Pajor
Pajor
✭✭✭✭
What are some usefull skills to have that would ensure my sorc could survive? I normally just use tri pots to get health back, sometimes its not enough.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love doing portals with a magsorc teammate because they usually bring Twilight Matriarch. Other than that, Dark Deal? Espesh if using tripots. Crit Surge (not Power Surge) helps but only while attacking crystals.

I'm told damage shields don't work against the damage down there.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best advice on mag sorc doing portals is to simply run the Matriarch. They make it pretty much a non issue. Shields are of course useless because it is oblivion damage. Dark Conversion is a bad choice IMO because you could find yourself out of stamina and not make the pad to get up top for the explosion. Crit Surge is inadequate because when it is time to run, you may find yourself with nothing to damage to get your heal. Other option might be a back bar resto staff, but that is more of a DPS loss than dropping tormentor for matriach.

TLDR: Matriarch makes it easy.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just backbar Dark Conversion and it’s fine. I only run 1 pet so room so there’s bar space,
    EU | PC | AD