The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone know a good place to farm ingredients?

lettuceleaf
lettuceleaf
Soul Shriven
Hey, forgive me if this is already here i couldnt find it...

I'm looking to get my provisioning up, and I'm wondering if there's a list of mobs to kill that drop specific foods?

I.E. The dreugh grind spot drop a lot of fish so i have like 500 fish but nothing else is there another mob that i can kill/grind which will drop another ingredient?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get most ingredients from baskets, crates etc. There are only a few mobs that drop provisioning ingredients, although most wild animals will drop some kind of meat (but the small ones may just give fishing bait).

Just get into the habit of opening everything you pass in the delves and elsewhere.
    Edited by ghastley on June 10, 2019 8:27PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, keep in mind that chef and brewer NPCs frequently carry more common ingredients. Also, loot any flour sacks you come across. I seem to always be low on flour!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on the flour. I find a flour sack I'm more excited than when I find a treasure chest. Lol
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is just for leveling, simply use some of that dreugh farming money you got at Vivec's Antlers and buy a few stacks of 200 ingredients from a guild store.

Much faster that way ...
    shades.gif
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a list of gathering places I gathered from experience and from various sources that may prove useful

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-sourcing-provisioning-ingredients/

Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit delves.
    I think the Ilessan Tower delve in Glenumbra is one. It's near the Baelborne Rock wayshrine, directly east of Daggerfall. Loot everything in there and you'll get a huge store of groceries.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the daedric public dungeon in shadowfen that has a huge kithhen area that you can loot freely.

The Hidden City in Coldharbour is also a good place to loot ingredients.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a great place to farm matts. I hardly ever see anyone there and it is rich with nodes.
  • lettuceleaf
    lettuceleaf
    Soul Shriven
    SirAndy wrote: »
    If this is just for leveling, simply use some of that dreugh farming money you got at Vivec's Antlers and buy a few stacks of 200 ingredients from a guild store.

Much faster that way ...
    shades.gif

I tried a few guild stores but didn't find much are there any specific or is it just based on the guild?

RavenSworn wrote: »
    There's also the daedric public dungeon in shadowfen that has a huge kithhen area that you can loot freely.

The Hidden City in Coldharbour is also a good place to loot ingredients.

Ill have a try of this tonight.

SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Bandit delves.
    I think the Ilessan Tower delve in Glenumbra is one. It's near the Baelborne Rock wayshrine, directly east of Daggerfall. Loot everything in there and you'll get a huge store of groceries.

I was hoping for a place to just kill something that drops a specific ingredient, looting all the things is a bit harder.

Ostacia wrote: »
    Also, keep in mind that chef and brewer NPCs frequently carry more common ingredients. Also, loot any flour sacks you come across. I seem to always be low on flour!

I've been looking and buying a few, but I don't have any recipes for them but when I get some ill be ready to craft those ones.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP whats your platform?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit delves.

This was the first location that came to mind for myself too. I remember going through there more than once to slay those Red Rook Bandits and pillage everything I could get my hands on.

Sadly, @lettuceleaf there are few places where you can specifically hunt for a particular foodstuff for cooking. The best advice - as others have said - is just to be sure to pick items, and look in cupboards, barrels, desks, etc, as you go. You will soon build up a good store of materials and recipes. Also daily provisioner writs can be useful too, especially for some harder to find items. Indeed some provisioner foodstuffs are only obtained from writs.

Oh yes, and brake for flour, always grab a cup full of flour.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never farmed ingredients. The one time I ever needed to was because I needed white meat for something so stola a couple of rabbits, but I found as soon as I actually needed to craft food or drink I had hundreds of every ingredient. Now I always have loads more than I need and never bother looting much these days. It's only things like roe or MoP I'm short on.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best place for ingredients is to both have Hirelings and do Provisioning Crafting Writs. I run various recipe levels so I collect a range of recipes to know or trade
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Notarikon777
    Notarikon777
    ✭✭
    The Vile Manse public dungeon in Reapers March is a good place to stock up provisioning ingredients. The entrance in a kitchen, with a few mats, and entering a dungeon there is lot of barrels and sacks... A lot !
    Loot, relog, repeat.. The only problem with this method is the random drop. Good luck !
  • lettuceleaf
    lettuceleaf
    Soul Shriven
    OP whats your platform?

Xbox One EU
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Bandit delves.

This was the first location that came to mind for myself too. I remember going through there more than once to slay those Red Rook Bandits and pillage everything I could get my hands on.

Sadly, @lettuceleaf there are few places where you can specifically hunt for a particular foodstuff for cooking. The best advice - as others have said - is just to be sure to pick items, and look in cupboards, barrels, desks, etc, as you go. You will soon build up a good store of materials and recipes. Also daily provisioner writs can be useful too, especially for some harder to find items. Indeed some provisioner foodstuffs are only obtained from writs.

Oh yes, and brake for flour, always grab a cup full of flour.

Awesome man thanks for the help! I'll start looting all of the things

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Rivenspire in the city of Shornhelm, if you go north on the western side of town through the gates into the higher city, there's an empty house immediately on the right after the gates that is full of containers you can loot for ingredients and crafting mats like style stones, decorative wax, etc. It's a pretty good quick grab going through it and then you can relog, rinse and repeat.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any and all of the Delves in Glenumbra are stuffed fill of containers with Ingredients a d NPCs to farm for more loot.

If you also want to level Legerdemain, the various Docks in the game are good places to farm stolen ingredients that you can launder to also level Legerdemain. Daggerfall near the Wayshrine is one of the better places, dont forget the ships. But, there are many others too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GoldenGirl
    GoldenGirl
    ✭✭✭
    I recently restarted ESO and only lvl 15 currently so I don't have the levels/points yet for hirelings. However, I found a great place for a lot of provisioning mats in a very small area with no mobs to fight through... in Suran in south-central Vvardenfell, at Ules Manor just south of the wayshrine. I counted 4 containers outside and around 30 inside, plus a hanging rabbit and poultry, all unowned. Good place to grab everything, log out/log in, repeat.
    Edited by GoldenGirl on July 29, 2020 2:26PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!
    We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.