Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Executioner Passive - Massive Buff???

ketsparrowhawk
ketsparrowhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
From PTS v6.1.2:
This passive now triggers whenever an enemies dies within 2 seconds of being damage by you, rather than requiring the damage to be an Assassination ability.
Removed the hidden 1ms cooldown.

On my MagBlade that's a tooltip of 1876. 1876 Magicka return anytime an enemy I've damaged dies?? With no cooldown????. Seems like a seriously gigantic PVE buff.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean its only really usefull for trashmob situations. But yeah in that situations it is strong, but so is almost anything you can wear on stam and mag.

In the parts of pve that are challenging this passive wont really proc that often.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be good in vMA and certain vet dungeons but won't affect boss DPS which is where NBs shine the most anyway.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a nice QoL change but it will only be relevant in clearing trash mobs in PvE situations. This won't affect PvP at all.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    It's a nice QoL change but it will only be relevant in clearing trash mobs in PvE situations. This won't affect PvP at all.

I dunno. What happens if something like Twisting Path ticks on a blastbones?
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You'd be very lucky if Twisting Path did kill a blastbones. Even if ti did it wouldn't be enough to give you and advantage over Necro though. Twisting Path is a meme at this point anyway, nobody uses it.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and future Cyrodill tests look like they are very seriously considering nerfing aoe abilities with cooldowns, cost increas, or both, so I doubt anyone will be using Twisting Path if any of those changes go through.
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭

You'd be very lucky if Twisting Path did kill a blastbones. Even if ti did it wouldn't be enough to give you and advantage over Necro though. Twisting Path is a meme at this point anyway, nobody uses it.

Hey! Twisting path is great for PvE, but yes nobody slots Twisting Path for pvp. I'd say that its a moderate buff to the nightblade pvp playstyle as it would reliably give additional sustain to restealth, dodge roll, reset buffs after a kill.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Twisting Path was just an example. Any damage should work, an AoE DoT just seemed like a low effort example. Splash damage from a 2h light attack should also work, for example.
    2) I don't think it has to kill the blastbones, it just has to damage the blastbones within 2 seconds of it exploding.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 28, 2020 10:55PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly very minor in PvP. But in PVE there are tons of boss fights that have lots of adds. There are some "boss" fights that are just waves of mobs. This passive will also get lots of use in any arena. Ofc it's nbd in a single-target fight but there are plenty of fights where this will be very useful.
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    Nb to op now, please nerf!!!! -.-
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Twisting Path was just an example. Any damage should work, an AoE DoT just seemed like a low effort example. Splash damage from a 2h light attack should also work, for example.
    2) I don't think it has to kill the blastbones, it just has to damage the blastbones within 2 seconds of it exploding.

Ok, i see what you mean. However, more testing will be needed to determine if the blastbone's own life-time expiry still procs the Executioner passive. IF that even is the case, I do not think that 1876 stam or magicka returned on a Blastbone kill would give you any significant advantage over necromancer. You could just equip the 3-piece Vengeance leech for far better resource return than this passive in any case where pets are involved.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they just gave nightblades free 5pc of false god/vicious serpent.

I am for some love to Nbs, but this seems too much, considering they also have +15% all recovery.

All what nightblade - magicka NightBlade - needs is healing. Stamina has enought tools to live. If you compare it to most magicka classes.

Sure, maybe stamden and stamCro is better then stamblade but thats different thing. Those are borderline op. Stamblade is still way better than magblade though.
    Edited by Anyron on July 29, 2020 4:29AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that I'd say this is a "massive buff," hopefully it will just bring magblade up to par with the rest of the magicka classes as far as sustain is concerned.

I have a Magsorc, magblade, and magden, (used to have a magplar) and in my experience magblade has the worst sustain out of all of them — and in most cases it isn't even really close. I haven't played magcro but just based on all the forum posts I've read it would appear that they have much better sustain, so the only class left is magDK (which I have heard isnt in the best spot in this regard, but I don't know.)

Considering how weak the magblade toolkit is right now, I think that a buff like this should be a no brainer.

(This is coming from the perspective of PVP by the way, where magblades are bottom of the barrel — I don't play much PVE anymore, but from what I understand they're in a better spot there.)

@Anyron: as far as saying that:
    they just gave nightblades free 5pc of false god/vicious serpent
    that's not true — they gave 1/4 of the current five piece from False God's. (1/5 of Perfected.) If they go through with the nerf, it's 1/3 and 1/4 respectively.

False God's gives you:
    129 Spell Damage,
    8% cost reduction,
    restore 2150 Magicka,
    Major Expedition

Perfected adds 1096 magicka.

Now there are some other classes that actually do get passives that are identical to or even stronger than 5 pc set bonuses (sorc and warden off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more.) Do you think that those passives need to get nerfed?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much wow, massive buff to fight... trash mobs. I used to use lotus fan anyway so it proced anyway for me on my PvP builds and trust me, this buff won't change a lot if anything.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are discounting this, but as a sorc who definitely struggles with sustain, especially in trash fights since the orbs and shards etc are much less organized, this is just amazing: a free false god's or vicious ophidian. Really strong whenever there is trash to kill, which inclused some boss fights even.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    So much wow, massive buff to fight... trash mobs. I used to use lotus fan anyway so it proced anyway for me on my PvP builds and trust me, this buff won't change a lot if anything.

Yeah obviously won't amount to much in PvP. But there are plenty of PVE boss fights that have lots of adds. Also Arenas.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rluke wrote: »

Nah let ZOS keep overbuffing it, and then a patch or two later they will nerf it into an unusable state. Then I will be there to say "as expected..."
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Nah let ZOS keep overbuffing it, and then a patch or two later they will nerf it into an unusable state. Then I will be there to say "as expected..."

no please, i'm just leveling one :'(
    PC-EU
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »

no please, i'm just leveling one :'(

two patch period in eso is like 1 year so.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    nobody is going hard enough to run out of stamina/magicka in trash mob fights to care about this
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think some of us never know pve nb tank is freaking hard to take this passive advantage.

Zos, good change.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people are discounting this, but as a sorc who definitely struggles with sustain, especially in trash fights since the orbs and shards etc are much less organized, this is just amazing: a free false god's or vicious ophidian. Really strong whenever there is trash to kill, which inclused some boss fights even.
    No, this is not "a free false god's or vicious ophidian" — it is roughly 1/4 of the 5 piece bonus on either of those sets. (In fact, it's 87% of 1/4 of the bonuses.)

Executioner vs False God's/Vicious Serpent:
    EdMCqLa.png
    J2sZ96w.png
    POe3nc4.png

The Sorcerer passive "Power Stone," on the other hand, is exactly the same as the 5pc bonus on Akaviri Dragonguard — i.e., Power Stone is "a free Akaviri Dragonguard."

Power Stone vs Akaviri Dragonguard:
    IV4z6F8.png
    tJ02ATV.png

I'm sure you're just as appalled as I am about how OP the Power Stone passive is, and the sorc skill line in general (for instance: sorcs have six passives related to health/stamina/magicka sustain while nightblades have two.) Please join me in asking that ZOS rectify this terrible oversight.

(It probably goes without being said, but this is now a nerf sorc thread.)
    Edited by Langeston on July 29, 2020 12:10PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    False God, without any on-death benefit, would have 80% of the bonus of Seducer. And this doesn't match False God's on-death benefit.

That said, the improved passive should help nightblade tanks in multi-wave trash fights.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    No, this is not "a free false god's or vicious ophidian" — it is roughly 1/4 of the 5 piece bonus on either of those sets. (In fact, it's 87% of 1/4 of the bonuses.)

EdMCqLa.png
    J2sZ96w.png
    POe3nc4.png

The Sorcerer passive "Power Stone," on the other hand, is exactly the same as the 5pc bonus on Akaviri Dragonguard — i.e., Power Stone is "a free Akaviri Dragonguard."

IV4z6F8.png
    tJ02ATV.png

I'm sure you're just as appalled as I am about how OP the Power Stone passive is, and the sorc skill line in general (for instance: sorcs have six passives related to health/stamina/magicka sustain while nightblades have two.) Please join me in asking that ZOS rectify this terrible oversight.

You are aware that that same bonus is on the Potentates 3 piece bonus, so its more along those lines than a whole 5 piece, which for Akaviri is that coupled with 158 Health Recovery Zos recently added. Always thought that didn't make a lot of sense...

Also, the amount of effective Ultimate generation of that passive grants is less than that of the Nightblade's. I don't exactly see the issue.

And six passives? There's Unholy Knowledge, Persistence, Rebate, Daedric Protection and Capacitor. Unless you're lumping Power Stone in there as well, which isn't include in your statement of passives that relate to health/stamina/magicka. I would direct that dismay towards Necro either way.
    Edited by Celestro on July 29, 2020 1:08PM
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭

EdMCqLa.png
    J2sZ96w.png
    POe3nc4.png

IV4z6F8.png
    tJ02ATV.png

I of course meant the last bonus of VO and FG, and people do run out of magicka (and stamina) in trash fights, especially in dungeons or less organized groups. It's also amazing for vMA. Btw not saying this is bad, just saying it's a fairly strong sustain passive. Keep it this way!
    Edited by martijnlv40 on July 29, 2020 1:21PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you were using Killer's Blade/Impale you were getting this magicka back anyway... This is basically a buff for trash pulls where you weren't able to Impale everything, or for players that couldn't be bothered to switch skills.

Either way this is more of a "floor raising" buff.
    Playing since beta...
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    If you were using Killer's Blade/Impale you were getting this magicka back anyway... This is basically a buff for trash pulls where you weren't able to Impale everything, or for players that couldn't be bothered to switch skills.

Either way this is more of a "floor raising" buff.

Of course.. it's only useful where there are adds. But there are several boss fights with tons of adds, and there are also Arenas with basically nothing but waves of mobs. Impale gives you mag back for the single target you hit with it. But with this change, just having path on the ground will give you mag back every time ANY mob dies. There are fights where this will be hugely impactful I am certain.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    I think some of us never know pve nb tank is freaking hard to take this passive advantage.

Zos, good change.

yes its a buff to tank NB. but tank NB is really good vs trash mobs anyway u dont have to block. I personally nowdays use summon shade and power extraction and trash mobs become harmless i dont need to block.

the thing is tank NB is taking a huge nerf against bosses. as we're losing 10% mitigation. if theres one thing tank NB isnt great at is against bosses that really hurt. that nerf is bad.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EdMCqLa.png
    J2sZ96w.png
    POe3nc4.png

IV4z6F8.png
    tJ02ATV.png

I of course meant the last bonus of VO and FG, and people do run out of magicka (and stamina) in trash fights, especially in dungeons or less organized groups. It's also amazing for vMA.

I just wanted to make it clear that it's not a full 5pc bonus — your comment and one or two others in this thread made is seem as if it were. If the FG nerf goes through, then obviously the comparison gets better for Executioner, but regardless of that it's still incorrect to say that it's "a free false god's."

If it seems like I'm a bit touchy on the subject it's because I am — I've been playing as a NB main for the last year and a half, and for the entire duration I've had to watch ZOS ruin my class while people who can't be bothered to learn how to counter NBs continued to demand more nerfs. So I get kind of defensive any time I see a thread that smells like another "nerf NB" thread.
  • Grimm_Cortex
    Grimm_Cortex
    ✭✭✭
    Stop the psycho here, the NB do damage with some assa skils anyway, so it's not a buff ... It's something useless but I guess we will take a nerf next patch and the passive will return less than now.

For the comment with the 10% mitigation loss, stop it too .... We loose it on tanking and gain 10% damage .. How many tank in PVE HL are NB .. A few ! How many players tanks with NB in dungeon VET .. A few.
    How many use NB has DPS .. A lot .... Stop talking about the minority please.
    And yes I'd love tank with my NB, but Hey ! The devs have spoken ...