The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game crashes during Gods Save the King

Saltum
Saltum
Soul Shriven
The game constantly crashes whenever I attempt to fight the Dream Eater in Mistwatch Crevasse as part of the Gods Save the King main Ebonheart Pact quest. This either happens when I attempt to use the Luminous Shards ability or whenever the Dream Eater casts blue flames on me. My specifications are well above the minimum requirements, the game video settings are on minimum. Please fix this as this makes Pact progression impossible, trapping the character in the quest area.
  • Sparrachion
    I'm having the same issue. Any update on when this will be fixed?
  • CadenzaMC
    CadenzaMC
    ✭✭
    I'm running into this when hitting the dream eater also.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Saltum try disabling all addons and /reloadui and then attempt the quest see if that makes a difference.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    You may need to reset the instance and no go in there for 15 minutes after disabling the addons.
  • thebffg_ESO
    thebffg_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had this exact problem, disabled addons, reset UI and did the fight in 3rd person... seemed to work so far...
  • benholt06
    benholt06
    Any suggestions on how to fix this on console?
  • xscratchxlv
    xscratchxlv
    Soul Shriven
    I am still having this problem. I've restarted the PS4 pro, deleted save data, reinstalled the game, abandoned the quest - waited 24 hours - restarted the quest, restarted the PS4 again, deleted save data again, and sacrificed some of my old PlayStation cds in an offering to the gods, and nothing has worked. The first attack from the Dream Eater that hits me locks up the game every, single time.

Has anyone managed to fix this on their own? Customer support for ESO is beyond frustrating.
  • OllieGrant
    OllieGrant
    Soul Shriven
    3rd person is the fix. Have had crashes in many scenarios due to being in 1st person and switching to 3rd has fixed it every time.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OllieGrant wrote: »
    3rd person is the fix. Have had crashes in many scenarios due to being in 1st person and switching to 3rd has fixed it every time.

I know a few people have posted this in more than one thread, but I am not sure who gets the credit for it, or if it was multiple people.

All I have to say is that was some outstanding debugging on your part to figure this out. Gg.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA