The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Perfected Asylum DW

JinxxND
JinxxND
✭✭✭✭
This set gives weapon crit as the bonus for the perfected version but the proc on it scales with physical penetration the same was the vMA Perfected 2h. Also the proc distance is lower then the shortest spammables of 5m and even blade cloak and should be increased to the standard 5 meter range to match melee distances standards.
PC NA -
'Jinxx - Nightblade
'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or make the proc apply and stick to the targets after they are hit by it, it would still retain its cool down unlike some sets like the new terror set which imo is still way overtuned with 100% uptime
    Edited by JinxxND on July 21, 2020 10:55AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Or make the proc apply and stick to the targets after they are hit by it, it would still retain its cool down unlike some sets like the new terror set which imo is still way overtuned with 100% uptime

A more fitting comparison would be blackrose destro, which gives 1pc pen bonus, deals more damage, has no cool down or target cap, and it's not affected by evasion.
    Asylum dw is so bad it's not even funny.

Also the blackrose destro is a stronger dot than pre nerf unleashed terror, just saying xD.
    Edited by Firstmep on July 21, 2020 11:54AM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is why it needs to be looked at because right now the weapon is really bad and doesn't make sense having a proc like other arena weapon sets that doesn't get a line of penetration and the actual proc itself needs to be looked at as the range on it is shorter then anything skill in the game even shorter then blade cloak which I assume it was trying to emulate and possible it's damage compared to the brp destro or vma 2h
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Which is why it needs to be looked at because right now the weapon is really bad and doesn't make sense having a proc like other arena weapon sets that doesn't get a line of penetration and the actual proc itself needs to be looked at as the range on it is shorter then anything skill in the game even shorter then blade cloak which I assume it was trying to emulate and possible it's damage compared to the brp destro or vma 2h

Yeah i 100% agree.

I actualy made a post about asylum dw about a week or so ago but it go 0 traction sadly.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the radius is too small to be even considered good, the damage and maybe the duration is underwhelming also. Just no reason to ever use this over other DW weapon ability altering sets like Master DW or BRP DW.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Esp with them supposedly looking at all the sets and revamping them this one needs a 2nd look and pass, a lot of it doesn't make sense with a shorter ranged then any standard melee spammable in the game and a bonus that doesn't effect the weapons proc like the other perfected weapons
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, similar to the way the Asylum Staff's effect was changed to not make it subpar (and consistent with its previous Perfected version effect), the DW weapon should definitely be adjusted as has been suggested, if not outright changed. If the Weapon Critical bonus should stay, that makes the need to change a bit more emphasized as most of the stat bonuses applied on these weapons affect their ability as well.

Thinking back to how the previous effect extended the duration of Twin Slashes, Blade Cloak and Lacerate, two of those abilities are bleeds, which makes me think an effect that applies to bleeds would be sensible (as I liked the idea of extending the duration of those bleeds despite not being great in practice). An idea I had is something along the lines of applying a weak bleed on those hit by Whirlwind that increases the damage of other bleeds currently on the targets in a similar fashion to the Dragon's Appetite set with a flat damage increase. A percentage based increase works as well though. Perhaps with either scaling up as their Health decreases as a way of turning bleeds into makeshift executes. This is partially because I don't think Whirlwind's bleed would be affected by the DW passive, Slaughter, so extending something like it to all bleeds would be kind of cool. After all the, it indirectly applied that passive to the weapon's former version as far as the other DW skills went.
    Edited by Celestro on July 26, 2020 7:08PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem with crit for the perfected asylum is that it has a proc which isn't affected by crit, all the weapons that have a proc attached have a line of penetration which makes sense as it helps the procs dmg. They need to look at the proc and see how it used by both morphs steel tornado and whirling blades and then see that the current version of the weapon proc is smaller then 5m radius which is below the standard for melee attacks and each morph of the skill that procs it. It would make more sense to either apply the proc to 3 people hit by the skill with either morph of the skill like the blackrose destro staff.
    Edited by JinxxND on July 26, 2020 7:44PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer