Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New access code required every two days

Calminayon
Calminayon
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

For two weeks or so ESO requires me to fill in an access code before logging in every other day. It's becoming quite tedious having to login to my email, copy the access code, and fill it in before logging in every two days.

A mate of mine claimed it could be due to my IP address changing more often but that isn't the case. I've written down my IP every time I was required to fill in a new access code and it did not change. I'm also playing from the same device (PC). Nothing has changed apart from the graphics card I replaced recently but even that's gone back to normal because I sent it back. I'm now using the same hardware I was using before, and back then I was only asked to fill in a code when I logged in from a different computer.

I can't seem to find a solution for this. Any help?

Much appreciated.
Cal
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Calminayon

It is possible something on your PC is triggering the access code check where our system believes your using a new device. Please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support so they can investigate into this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob view: if you have an ISP that provides automatic dynamic IP, it tends to draw a new one once you close all ongoing sessions game/browser/whatever online on your comp or you reboot.

Be happy about it, its hack-protection :)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The checks are deeper than IP address, update your BIOS and it will ask for a code, add a different piece of hardware new code.
  • Calminayon
    Calminayon
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies. I did add a new piece of hardware (graphics card) and it did ask for a new code, so I suppose that makes sense.

The odd thing is: it kept asking for a new code, and I only changed a single piece of hardware (and swapped from Nvidia to AMD drivers). Some days later I sent that card back (different discussion) and am currently using my original graphics card and original drivers. The problem persists.

I understand it's hack-protection but being unable to quickly log in and out during weekdays (to get a daily reward, tickets, w/e) is far from ideal.

I'll definitely open a customer support ticket but any help/ideas from the community are much appreciated.
  • Calminayon
    Calminayon
    Soul Shriven
    No proper reply from the customer support ticket (just some standard copy paste on what to do with an access code) and it's getting worse now. The access code takes more than 10min to arrive.
    Edited by Calminayon on July 17, 2020 8:52PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Calminayon

What is your current support ticket?

We can check on the current status for you.
    Staff Post
  • Calminayon
    Calminayon
    Soul Shriven
    After going back from an AMD card to a new Nvidia card I have only been asked for an access code once. It appears whatever the problem was, kicking out the AMD card(+ drivers) solved the issue.

Going back to my old Nvidia graphics card didn't solve it (even though I did not have this issue when it was my main card) but moving on to a new one did. I'm puzzled what the problem was and why going back to my original graphics card did not solve it but I'm glad that ever since my new card got installed ESO no longer spams access code requests.

Hopefully, other AMD users will have a more pleasant ESO experience. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
    Edited by Calminayon on July 25, 2020 7:52PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update and letting us know that a new video card has stopped the access code requests. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.