The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Any feedback on PTS Blood for Blood?

Lab3360
Lab3360
✭✭✭✭✭
Any build development or concepts with pts blood for blood?

Any feedback?
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Any build development or concepts with pts blood for blood?

Any feedback?

Idk bro maybe check the PTS side of the forum?
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the 'is playing a vampire worth it ' thread has lots to say about BfB... none of it good

:#
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dungeons sorc/nb can easily outheal (and overheal) b4b so they are good classes to run b4b for sustain in 3 dd groups (I swear to god I could sustain it with no eledrain nor orbs nor any sort of resources from healer)
    Problems are:
    NB doesn't need the sustain as much
    Sorc can't proc frags with it
    Warden needs to slot extra heal to outheal it now.
    Dk doesn't need to slot extra heal on dummy, but in content? Yes.
    Templar is losing the heal on ritual, and purifying light is not strong enough to outheal it consistently alone.
    Necromancer needs to slot heals to use it.
    Edited by zvavi on July 19, 2020 11:16AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is like people forget Blood for Blood is only 1 of 2 morphs, I am using Arterial Burst and I am killing things just fine.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is like people forget Blood for Blood is only 1 of 2 morphs, I am using Arterial Burst and I am killing things just fine.

The whole appeal of Blood for Blood was that it allowed you to use your health pool to increase sustain, while arterial burst is fine, it does not increase sustain like BfB
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    The whole appeal of Blood for Blood was that it allowed you to use your health pool to increase sustain, while arterial burst is fine, it does not increase sustain like BfB

Not in the same way at least. I know it can get incredibly cheap at stage 4 but at stage 1 its only a hundred or so magicka cheaper than Flame Whip.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is the irony though, my magic regen is higher then the cost of Aeterial Burst so I can spam it non-stop without ever running out of Magicka, my health regen is not so high so I would not beable to spam Blood for Blood non-stop.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Not in the same way at least. I know it can get incredibly cheap at stage 4 but at stage 1 its only a hundred or so magicka cheaper than Flame Whip.

If you take into account that all your other skills (and ults) have their cost increased by 3% at stage 1, you end up with worse sustain than Flame Whip.
    EU | PC | AD
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

If you take into account that all your other skills (and ults) have their cost increased by 3% at stage 1, you end up with worse sustain than Flame Whip.

Or you know.. the fact that hp regen is kinda pointless in most content, so trading hp regen for what should be a GCD of magicka is like effectively trading 2k hp for 2k magicka.

Anyway, good riddance. What a stupid design decision in the first place, the whole point of the vampire revamp was to make it something you build for instead of every stam/mag DD using strictly for bonuses.. except they managed to do the exact same thing in the end. The skill line already needs a rework. :D
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that and kind of wish that cost increase debuff didn't exist. Doesn't accomplish its intended goal of making players want to pick more vampire skills since most vampire skills end up not helping the player in end game content.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I understand that and kind of wish that cost increase debuff didn't exist. Doesn't accomplish its intended goal of making players want to pick more vampire skills since most vampire skills end up not helping the player in end game content.

The cost increase to other skills has no reason to exist whatsoever. By removing the magicka and stamina regen, they had already removed the reason to passively be a vampire. For the 1 or 2 vamp skills that you might use to complement your build, the general cost increase is not worth it when it's compounded by the other disadvantages (more flame damage, more dmg from Fighters Guild abilities etc.)

Vamp is now only for Snipers using Frenzy and for RPers.
    EU | PC | AD
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, the classic "well this one works fine so idk what you all are complaining about"

Just because arterial burst is okay and you kill things with it doesn't mean it's okay that BfB is basically being murdered.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

Ah yes, the classic "well this one works fine so idk what you all are complaining about"

Just because arterial burst is okay and you kill things with it doesn't mean it's okay that BfB is basically being murdered.

But it's not ok...

A skill is ok if it's a contender for being slotted for its particular role. Arterial Burst would be fine if it wasn't in that rubbish skill line. As is, it's worse than Elemental Weapon and any class spammable. The marginal increase in spammable DPS with AB over EW or other class spammables doesn't offset the many negatives:
    • It's melee only
    • you have worse sustain, due to the vampiric passive
    • your ultimates cost more
    • opportunity cost for not slotting a class skill.
      (The class-based and Psijic skill lines have passives that are triggered by you slotting or using skills: Advanced Species, Savage Beast, Magicka Flood, Transfer, Expert Mage etc. Vampiric passives by comparison are based on stage only)
    • you take more fire damage
    • you take more damage from FG abilties.
    • you lose HP regen (frankly, unimportant)

...and all of that for what? It has same tooltip more or less as any other melee spammable, like Flame Whip and Concealed Weapon. But with all those negatives attached, it's not even close to being a contender. Anyone using AB is simply RPing Vamp, when they would be performing their role much better with any other spammable. Therefore it's not ok.

Edited by Maulkin on July 20, 2020 8:37AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it's not ok...

A skill is ok if it's a contender for being slotted for its particular role. Arterial Burst would be fine if it wasn't in that rubbish skill line. As is, it's worse than Elemental Weapon and any class spammable. The marginal increase in spammable DPS with AB over EW or other ranged class spammables doesn't offset the many negatives:
    • It's melee only
      (The classes and even Psijic skill lines have passives that are triggered by you slotting or using skills: Advanced Species, Savage Beast, Magicka Flood, Transfer, Expert Mage etc. Vampiric passives by comparison are based on stage only)

...and all of that for what? It has same tooltip more or less as any other melee spammable, like Flame Whip and Concealed Weapon. but with all those negatives attached, it's not even close to being a contender. Therefore it's not ok.

A factual analysis of the proposed changes for sure.

The skill was suppose to identify a big change for vampirism. It was truely innovative to sell the expansion. Now time to make it fall in line with the rest of mediocrity. This skill has been rendered obsolete. "Same Old Same Old"

Blood for Blood a once innovative skill resourced by health and magika resource based is now..

"All Risk, No Reward"
    Edited by Lab3360 on July 20, 2020 3:02AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's not ok...

A skill is ok if it's a contender for being slotted for its particular role. Arterial Burst would be fine if it wasn't in that rubbish skill line. As is, it's worse than Elemental Weapon and any class spammable. The marginal increase in spammable DPS with AB over EW or other ranged class spammables doesn't offset the many negatives:
    • It's melee only
      (The classes and even Psijic skill lines have passives that are triggered by you slotting or using skills: Advanced Species, Savage Beast, Magicka Flood, Transfer, Expert Mage etc. Vampiric passives by comparison are based on stage only)

...and all of that for what? It has same tooltip more or less as any other melee spammable, like Flame Whip and Concealed Weapon. but with all those negatives attached, it's not even close to being a contender. Therefore it's not ok.

Great breakdown and it highlights why Arterial Burst isn't really all that great.

I actually did the math and in order for it to do the same damage as a Power Lash proc from Flame Lash you'd need to be around 50% life. Sure it'll be a guaranteed crit at that point but at 50% life I'm now in execute range, am probably going to be healed by a healer in PVE unless I deny that with Blood Frenzy, and am not going to be enjoying myself if I'm a glass cannon.

Why do I have to take so much risks to get the same damage as a skill that does the same damage by targeting an immobilized or off balance target? Oh, and when it does it it then heals you for like.... 15k health over 2 seconds after doing that damage.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is the irony though, my magic regen is higher then the cost of Aeterial Burst so I can spam it non-stop without ever running out of Magicka, my health regen is not so high so I would not beable to spam Blood for Blood non-stop.

You use a selfheal like Structured Entropy to offset BfB.
    And regarding your earlier comment, no. If your regen is 2k, you're not killing things just fine.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

And regarding your earlier comment, no. If your regen is 2k, you're not killing things just fine.

It looks like a L2P issue then.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes for you and not understanding why Arterial Burst is so much weaker and having 2k mag recovery signifies you are building in recovery and have much less damage than anyone who would be using blood for blood because typically in a PvE end game scenario, which is where blood for blood truly shined, you have less than 1k recovery because the goal is the most damage so you don't put any into recovery, that's how people like me solo parse a 21 mil dummy for 93.6k, not with arterial burst.

Not only that, but the morph is becoming near USELESS now, sustain is ass for end game and yeah there are ways around it like charged staff for magDK, or using spell symmetry, but it feels like ass in comparison.

I can do 87~88k now ( still not 2k recovery btw, but 1.4ish k with parse food )

But it's not "just" fine because you like that morph of the skill that is far inferior and it's not a L2P issue for us who used it.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

But it's not ok...

A skill is ok if it's a contender for being slotted for its particular role. Arterial Burst would be fine if it wasn't in that rubbish skill line. As is, it's worse than Elemental Weapon and any class spammable. The marginal increase in spammable DPS with AB over EW or other class spammables doesn't offset the many negatives:
    • It's melee only
      (The class-based and Psijic skill lines have passives that are triggered by you slotting or using skills: Advanced Species, Savage Beast, Magicka Flood, Transfer, Expert Mage etc. Vampiric passives by comparison are based on stage only)

...and all of that for what? It has same tooltip more or less as any other melee spammable, like Flame Whip and Concealed Weapon. But with all those negatives attached, it's not even close to being a contender. Anyone using AB is simply RPing Vamp, when they would be performing their role much better with any other spammable. Therefore it's not ok.

Honestly I agree completely. I was just using his own argument against him is all tbh.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes for you and not understanding why Arterial Burst is so much weaker and having 2k mag recovery signifies you are building in recovery and have much less damage than anyone who would be using blood for blood because typically in a PvE end game scenario, which is where blood for blood truly shined, you have less than 1k recovery because the goal is the most damage so you don't put any into recovery, that's how people like me solo parse a 21 mil dummy for 93.6k, not with arterial burst.

Not only that, but the morph is becoming near USELESS now, sustain is ass for end game and yeah there are ways around it like charged staff for magDK, or using spell symmetry, but it feels like ass in comparison.

I can do 87~88k now ( still not 2k recovery btw, but 1.4ish k with parse food )

But it's not "just" fine betbh you like that morph of the skill that is far inferior and it's not a L2P issue for us who used it.

reminds me of the people who think Blood Frenzy's design is "just fine"

Or the peeps that think the skill line is totally okay
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭

But it's not ok...

• It's melee only

Well put together. Couldn't say it better!