The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire as a skill line still needs looked at!!!

SlimeBro1
SlimeBro1
✭✭✭✭
Very disappointed with today's patch. The skill line needs looked at as a whole.

If BfB/eviscerate is nerfed this badly I am afraid even less people will use such a mess of a skill line.

If the skill line being good relies so much on 1 ability, maybe it's time to admit you messed up and go back to the drawing board for vampire? There's already been so many suggestions on how ZOS can improve the design of the class it is insane.

For the love of god stop beating around the bush and throw the Bat Swarm gap closer NPCs have into the kit somewhere.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player ideas should be in Combat & Character Mechanics, @SlimeBro1.

PTS forums is for testing, evaluation, and feedback on ACTUAL changes proposed by ZOS in the upcoming update.

Good idea, but wrong venue.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is kind of pointing at the nerf in the PTS 6.1.0 patch which would kill the Eviscerate skill and its morphs for a lot of people. The debuffs would be too great for the benefits included in Arterial Burst due to the overall damage nerf of Eviscerate, and the prevention of being healed by others when using Blood for Blood is a bit over the top.

Granted there are already threads discussing this change on the PTS section of the forums, but proposing some ideas here wouldn't hurt too much.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like vampire line and think it's just a matter of tweaking numbers. Like the perfect scion ultimate has a unique and interesting effect but doesn't last long enough to matter. If that special affect of gaining vampire stage 5 lingers after the ultimate ends then it'll be on everyone's minds for consideration.

Edited by Red_Feather on July 20, 2020 6:08PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like vampire line and think it's just a matter of tweaking numbers. Like the perfect scion ultimate has a unique and interesting effect but doesn't last long enough to matter. If that special affect of gaining vampire stage 5 lingers after the ultimate ends then it'll be on everyone's minds for consideration.

If it did linger or last longer that'd be great! Or it could remove the stun at the end of the transformation so if you are in invisibility sprint you don't get forcefully removed from it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player ideas should be in Combat & Character Mechanics, @SlimeBro1.

PTS forums is for testing, evaluation, and feedback on ACTUAL changes proposed by ZOS in the upcoming update.

Good idea, but wrong venue.

Nope, I'm in the right place. This post is referring to the patch notes today and the eviscerate nerfs on the PTS at the moment.

Appreciate that you like the idea though.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

That's understandable and I do like your proposed changes!

But the line has very bad game design. True you could say blood mist and vampiric drain could easily be made viable with some number tweaks, but the fact of the matter is Mesmerize doesn't really work as a skill by itself nor does blood frenzy. But this doesn't mean the changes have to be huge. Check these out:

Mesmerize needs something extra added onto it aside from just stunning to make it a worth while skill.

Mist form can be easily solved by numbers too, I would wager. (Just give elusive mist its old 70% move speed increase)

Preferably Blood Mist should be a swarm of bats and do higher damage.

Blood frenzy needs to be removed completely and put onto the Blood Scion ultimate as a base effect. You just get an extra 600 spell/weapon damage while in the form. Since Blood Frenzy is mostly used while in this form anyways. This in combination with its other effects would make the ultimate's high cost worth it. Perfect Scion still needs to be looked at, needs a better effect OR the effect of 'stage 5' needs to be permanent/last longer.

Vampiric drain's damage needs to be what it was on pre-pts (around 6-8k per tick instead of the average 2k now) and the healing needs to be 40% of missing HP like it used to be on pre-pts. The stamina morph drain morph needs to be removed completely and replaced with something else.

In Blood Frenzy's place, now that skill is on Blood Scion, we need a bat swarm gap closer that can be morphed into one of two things that the place can choose from: Either a gap closer that deals a small amount of damage. OR a Giant AoE bat Swarm that takes a moment to summon, but follows the target and damages enemies around them. Thus providing a gap closer to those that don't have one or a strong AoE to those that are satisfied with their gap closer from other sources.

This would solve Vampire's issues for everyone whilst keeping what you and the few others I've seen that like the skill line in tact.

Couldn't you agree?
  • Princess_of_Darkness
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

But the line has very bad game design. True you could say blood mist and vampiric drain could easily be made viable with some number tweaks, but the fact of the matter is Mesmerize doesn't really work as a skill by itself nor does blood frenzy. But this doesn't mean the changes have to be huge. Check these out:

Mesmerize needs something extra added onto it aside from just stunning to make it a worth while skill.

Mist form can be easily solved by numbers too, I would wager. (Just give elusive mist its old 70% move speed increase)

Blood frenzy needs to be removed completely and put onto the Blood Scion ultimate as a base effect. You just get an extra 600 spell/weapon damage while in the form. Since Blood Frenzy is mostly used while in this form anyways. This in combination with its other effects would make the ultimate's high cost worth it. Perfect Scion still needs to be looked at, needs a better effect OR the effect of 'stage 5' needs to be permanent/last longer.

Vampiric drain's damage needs to be what it was on pre-pts (around 6-8k per tick instead of the average 2k now) and the healing needs to be 40% of missing HP like it used to be on pre-pts. The stamina morph drain morph needs to be removed completely and replaced with something else.

In Blood Frenzy's place, now that skill is on Blood Scion, we need a bat swarm gap closer that can be morphed into one of two things that the place can choose from: Either a gap closer that deals a small amount of damage. OR a Giant AoE bat Swarm that takes a moment to summon, but follows the target and damages enemies around them. Thus providing a gap closer to those that don't have one or a strong AoE to those that are satisfied with their gap closer from other sources.

This would solve Vampire's issues for everyone whilst keeping what you and the few others I've seen that like the skill line in tact.

Couldn't you agree?

Hell. Yes. I wish I could click that “agree” button 100 times. That would be the perfect rework imho

Besides, the animation for a gap closer is already in-game, they just gotta give it to players!

I still have a bit of hope, let’s see if until the end of the year they manage to give us Vampires a proper rework, not just endless slams of the dreaded nerf hammer...
    Rick Sanchez: "Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scion ultimate should have a 'while slotted' ability to make it worth while.

So thing along the lines of vamp skills triggering stage 5 or bat swarm with a cooldown. Withe the 10000 bonus stats just on activation.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna copy paste what I wrote in another thread; the worst that happens is someone tells me shut up.

The vampire skill line needs to be reworked again with the goal of making it synergise with it's own spells and have it be it's own "complete" kit centered around its theme like Werewolf is. That is not to say make it a transformation but there are a multitude of paths they can take to make Vampire both useful and risky to play; things like empowered damage while afflicted by Blood Frenzy buff; making you reliant on your own heals and no one else to keep you alive. This could be used to play around mechanics like damage increase while low on HP and allowing you to carefully control when it's okay to be low and when you know you need to heal up. The drawback of not being able to be healed means playing carelessly would result in your untimely demise but playing well is rewarded with the extra damage output. The extra damage output would apply only to vampire skills to prevent any bad tasting class line mixing from occurring.

You just change it to risk/reward play style basically. The issue is that they keep making vampire mix with other skill lines for stat purposes despite knowing what worked for werewolf is making sure none of it mixes at all.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna copy paste what I wrote in another thread; the worst that happens is someone tells me shut up.

The vampire skill line needs to be reworked again with the goal of making it synergise with it's own spells and have it be it's own "complete" kit centered around its theme like Werewolf is. That is not to say make it a transformation but there are a multitude of paths they can take to make Vampire both useful and risky to play; things like empowered damage while afflicted by Blood Frenzy buff; making you reliant on your own heals and no one else to keep you alive. This could be used to play around mechanics like damage increase while low on HP and allowing you to carefully control when it's okay to be low and when you know you need to heal up. The drawback of not being able to be healed means playing carelessly would result in your untimely demise but playing well is rewarded with the extra damage output. The extra damage output would apply only to vampire skills to prevent any bad tasting class line mixing from occurring.

You just change it to risk/reward play style basically. The issue is that they keep making vampire mix with other skill lines for stat purposes despite knowing what worked for werewolf is making sure none of it mixes at all.

I'd love this a lot
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

Couldn't you agree?

Hell. Yes. I wish I could click that “agree” button 100 times. That would be the perfect rework imho

Besides, the animation for a gap closer is already in-game, they just gotta give it to players!

I still have a bit of hope, let’s see if until the end of the year they manage to give us Vampires a proper rework, not just endless slams of the dreaded nerf hammer...

Very glad you like the suggestion!

Best part is it's a quite simple one
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think vampires main problem is Its class mixing.

Anything that's even remotely useful or good can just be used for any class including the already broken classes. Passives in the past and bfb now proves this. Removing the cost increase/decrease like I always see suggested would instantly make vamp a free take again. All other downsides are insignificant honestly.

Without changing vamps base problem I can't see them getting anything remotely useful or good without being nerfed right after.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add a bat swarm gap closer I’d love both a stamina and mag.